PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Minicamp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, we'll score more. We won't win more. What will happen is the Brady's career will be risked more.
Not sure about that. Edelman, Gronk, Cooks, they'll get open quick.

Exactly. And the pass rush would have to get to Brady more than once. Second and 15 isn't a drive killer.
You would be OK then if Brady gets hit once every series of downs?

You would be OK then if Brady gets hit once every series of downs?

That is exactly what folks are saying and proposing. They seem to see the advantage of the 5 wideouts, with no blocker as being the ability to gain 5 yards with a short pass (plus YAC's) at the cost of Brady being on the ground.

For me, I'd much rather have White back there with Brady. As we know, he'll still catch his share of passes.

That is exactly what folks are saying and proposing. They seem to see the advantage of the 5 wideouts, with no blocker as being the ability to gain 5 yards with a short pass (plus YAC's) at the cost of Brady being on the ground.

For me, I'd much rather have White back there with Brady. As we know, he'll still catch his share of passes.

Not one person has proposed having Brady get hit once every series of downs.

With no blockers in backfield, the OL better be really, really good.

Well, he did say that it would depend on if the coaches felt the OL could hold up.

It should be match up dependent. Running that offense against a team with a ferocious pass rush, especially on the inside, would be a terrible idea. At the same time, it would be effective against the majority of teams on the schedule.

Well, he did say that it would depend on if the coaches felt the OL could hold up.

Then, sure, I'm fine with 5 wide if Dante and Bill believe that the OL is so good that there is no reason for a blocking back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft