PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

This kid - Jamal Agnew - would be an interesting UDFA addition to Pats TC.
5’10, 186, 4.34/6.92/4.27 .. 4 year starter

Small school but such great attitude (tough, smart, aggressive, confident, competitive). No film so just highlights available:

Found some more film and information on him. He's quickly becoming a late round binkie. 48 pass breakups in college. His athleticism pops out on screen. Apparently a high-character, hard-working guy who has great route recognition. Seems like the ideal 7th round pick.

This kid - Jamal Agnew - would be an interesting UDFA addition to Pats TC.
5’10, 186, 4.34/6.92/4.27 .. 4 year starter

Small school but such great attitude (tough, smart, aggressive, confident, competitive). No film so just highlights available:

On my radar for a minute now but focusing on guys that have more film.

Great acceleration. Doesn't mind getting dirty. Route recognition which is so important.

How can you beat blocks, routes etc if you don't know how to attack it?

Smart kid and seems like a hard worker but really haven't done any digging.

Just some food for thought, since I'm feeling a bit troll-like. ;)

Baker:

Height: 5095
Weight: 195
40 Yrd Dash: 4.45
20 Yrd Dash:
10 Yrd Dash:
225 Lb. Bench Reps:
Vertical Jump: 32 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'06"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.08
3-Cone Drill: 6.76

Player on our roster:

Height: 5097
Weight: 197
40 Yrd Dash: 4.49
20 Yrd Dash: 2.62
10 Yrd Dash: 1.55
225 Lb. Bench Reps: 10
Vertical Jump: 33
Broad Jump: 09'08"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.21
3-Cone Drill: 6.71

Each had 5 interceptions and 18 passes defended in college, but our guy did it in two years instead of three.

Cyrus?

Michael Lombardi unveiled his offensive and defensive top 10s on the Ringer today. He really really likes Adoree Jackson. Was his no2 CB, one spot behind Marshon Lattimore.

Last edited:
And here's his top 10s

Also note his draft sleeper. Jones is a guy I really like too.

…except, unfortunately, our team.

Well, the Pats are paying more for this season than they have in the recent past. But they're still nowhere near paying the ridiculous amounts of coin that many other teams have been paying their lead backs alone. Bell's franchise tag amount is $12M for just one year, about the same amount that the Pats will be spending in total for four RBs in 2017. If Fournette gets selected in the first 8 picks he will be making more in his rookie season than Burkhead will this year.

Also, Burkhead's contract is for only the one year, and White's contract and Gillislee's offer are front-loaded to the extent that either could be cut in 2018 with minimal dead money. Even then, total RB expenditures for 2017 are still not an enormous percentage of total cap spending.

So, sure, it seems to be a significant change in the Pats' internal RB pay-scale philosophy. But, taken in a league-wide context, it doesn't seem particularly extravagant to me.

Michael Lombardi unveiled his offensive and defensive top 10s on the Ringer today. He really really likes Adoree Jackson. Was his no2 CB, one spot behind Marshon Lattimore.

All im going to say is I was all ober trufant that year. How people had milliner over him was baffling, jackson is no trufant

I really like this mama kid from usc despite 40

And here's his top 10s

Also note his draft sleeper. Jones is a guy I really like too.

Thought it was a pretty good podcast - full of Lombardisms.

Are any of these guys being mocked to last into mid-late round 2 (or later?)

The stuff he mentioned about Jonathan Allen also caught my ear above the other discussion.

All im going to say is I was all ober trufant that year. How people had milliner over him was baffling, jackson is no trufant

I agree with you. I loved trufant because how scrappy he was and it looked like when he played press receivers were going to have trouble getting off of it. Jackson looks like hes more athletic than trufant but thats about it. My guess is hes basing it off of athletic ability and potential.

Don't want to get too far into that discussion again, but interesting joint statement from Amelia and Joe today. Looks like they're doing the best they can to move past the situation. Also, I saw that the allegations from high school were recanted, so maybe it did get blown out of proportion? Interesting to follow, to say the least.

Ex-Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon settles civil lawsuit with victim

Basham has a 1st round grade from a team

Don't want to get too far into that discussion again, but interesting joint statement from Amelia and Joe today. Looks like they're doing the best they can to move past the situation. Also, I saw that the allegations from high school were recanted, so maybe it did get blown out of proportion? Interesting to follow, to say the least.

Ex-Oklahoma RB Joe Mixon settles civil lawsuit with victim

I think there's some desperation on the part of Mixon there. Perhaps he thinks he will go undrafted. The timing, so close to the draft is suspicious.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back