PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Patriot Picks: What players, what positions do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we keep our first four picks I'd like to see

1a. Alameda Ta'amu, DT, Washington
1b. Vinny Curry, DE, Marshall
2a. Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State
2b. Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama(easy first round talent, but all the legal issues and being kicked off of Florida will drop him out of it.)

Why Jenkins. He has more baggage than Delta Airlines. Or do you think a year in Alabama will knock some sense into his head?

Why Jenkins. He has more baggage than Delta Airlines. Or do you think a year in Alabama will knock some sense into his head?

I doubt it. He was given 3 chances at UF.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Once an idiot, always an idiot.

I'll pass too.

I doubt it. He was given 3 chances at UF.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Once an idiot, always an idiot.

I'll pass too.

I think it is really sad to have million dollar talent and a ten cent head. Someone will take a chance on him and if he lands in Baltimore,that might be a good spot for him with their strong locker room.

I think it is really sad to have million dollar talent and a ten cent head. Someone will take a chance on him and if he lands in Baltimore,that might be a good spot for him with their strong locker room.

All he had to do was stop smoking weed. He refused to do so. He could have been a top 10 pick if he was still at UF. Now he is a borderline 1-2 round pick.

Now if he was there at the bottom of the 2nd, I might think about taking him.

All he had to do was stop smoking weed. He refused to do so. He could have been a top 10 pick if he was still at UF. Now he is a borderline 1-2 round pick.

Now if he was there at the bottom of the 2nd, I might think about taking him.

Who do we have in the locker room on that side of the ball that can help police Jenkins? There is no Law or Harrison back there that can command respect.

Who do we have in the locker room on that side of the ball that can help police Jenkins? There is no Law or Harrison back there that can command respect.

No one. Maybe Wilfork and some of his ex UF alums-Spikes, JC and former pothead Aaron.

No one. Maybe Wilfork and some of his ex UF alums-Spikes, JC
and former pothead Aaron.

Maybe,but I still think this draft is deep enough to get a talented CB on day 3, without all the baggage; but provided it is not in round 3.

BB tends to screw this round up all the time. I think BB should trade round 3 picks away every year rather than risk another Brock Williams, Crable, Mckenzie, etc. etc. etc.

Sanu is officially my favorite player in the draft if he declares. Dez Bryant Clone without the injury issues or the off the field/mental bs. Watching him play in person is a ridiculous even with the Nova/Dodd at QB.

Just select all the draft eligible players from the Alabama Crimson Tide defense:

Josh Chapman
Courtney Upshaw
Mark Barron

Because if Jenkins doesn't do what they say, Ray Ray will murder him (allegedly).

Because if Jenkins doesn't do what they say, Ray Ray will murder him (allegedly).

It seems to me that Ray Ray only goes to that extreme when it concerns defenseless civilians. I think he intimidates/motivates players in his own locker room differently.

I want Upshaw 1A and Curry 1B. Winn 2A, Lester 2B. Then i want BB to go CB's with the rest of his picks. BAMM!! Pass rush fixed,defensive line shored up with a solid player, Quality safety and a ton of CB's to fight it out during training camp.

Devon Still - DT - PSU - 6' 5'' 310 lbs

"He's an all-American, he's a force," said Northwestern coach Pat Fitzgerald, who will take his turn at stopping Still on Saturday night when the Wildcats and Lions meet in Evanston, Ill.

"If you count the number of plays he's impacted, it's probably about 40 to 50 plays where his ability to get up the field has caused just complete and total chaos in the backfield. Nobody's blocked him yet, and I've watched him on tape consistently. That's a hallmark of a great player."

"If I get double-teamed, it opens up things for my teammates," he said. "When they get blocked one-on-one, guys like Jordan Hill or Jack Crawford can take advantage of it. So I don't mind at all as long as we keep playing the style of defense we've been playing."

Hill plays alongside Still at defensive tackle, while Crawford (St. Augustine Prep) is part of a three-man rotation at end that includes Sean Stanley and Eric Latimore.

"It's great having him next to me," Hill said. "He's a quiet guy off the field, but as soon as he gets on the field, he's encouraging all of us, letting us know we're here for one reason and one reason only, and that's to win. You could tell on Saturdays that he's just playing his heart out. That makes you want to go out and play a good game."

Still is high on my list of prospects right now. Guy is already dealing with double teams, has great measurables, and is a team captain.

AY-YO- Liked Still for awhile now agree he looks good. I just wish Kiper wasn't talking him up so much. Just recently has him in his top 25. Shut up Mel. A month ago he was in alot of peoples 3rd rd.

Last yeat I liked Aldon Smith with our #17, right on the money.

I want a Center, 2 WR's via draft or FA and all defense.
I guess we need a 3 TE as well:)

and most important USE BOTH 1ST ROUNDERS but I know it won't happen.

I'm not sure there's a stud 3-4 DE in this draft, but Still is the closest to being that guy. He's definitely not without his red flags, though.

I liked Devon Still going into the season, but I think his stock has gotten inflated due to a weak class. I actually prefer the Missouri defensive tackles when it comes to their relative talent/value ratio. They played incredibly well in the game against Texas today.

Every year I try to recommend a guy from ECU who I think could make the Pats better. Living in Greenville I go to every home game, watch every away game, and know the team fairly closely. This year there are several guys worth taking a look at but my main suggestion would be our deep threat and best receiver Lance Lewis.

This guy is dirty. He came over from JUCO and has been a beast. He is 6'3, but runs like a smaller guy. He has an amazing vertical leap and can get up for a catch. He has good hands and runs good routes. The guy can make a play down the field and works hard. He also won't likely be too high of a draft pick because he plays in a smaller conference so the pats could use a later round pick on him. Also can run a solid underneath route. He is rated the #15 WR this year by nfldraftscout.com.

ECU vs MD - YouTube

AY-YO- Liked Still for awhile now agree he looks good. I just wish Kiper wasn't talking him up so much. Just recently has him in his top 25. Shut up Mel. A month ago he was in alot of peoples 3rd rd.

Last yeat I liked Aldon Smith with our #17, right on the money.

Tremendous again yesterday. Despite the worst weak a college team can go through. He reminds you so much of Ty Warren. I'm sure he can step in and play that 2-gap spot we're going to need if we go back to the 3-4. Still and Upshaw or Curry would be a heckuva 1st round and improve our front 7. I haven't seen him play yet. Just reading about him. But, Dontari Poe - Memphis might be able to be that 2-gap end we're going to need.

I'll probably get ex-communicated from the church of Belichick for saying this. But, part of me does wonder if we value the type of players it takes to play defense in the new NFL. We like those big, strong and tough players. Eyeball test says we're a lot beefier than most defenses. Should we target the faster, more athletic player who plays in space better? My point is the 2 gap end. Richard Seymour ain't walking through that door. But, is the difference between a lesser player and a JAG that important? There are 2 gap ends doing well like B. Kiesel in Pitt and Devito on the Jets. Do we really need to emphasize that position as much as we do? Just get a guy who plays the run well. Take him out in your nickel. Get your pass rush from your olb's. A la Pittsburgh. I'm ducking and heading for cover to shield myself from the incoming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back