PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Patriot Picks: What players, what positions do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We're stacked at QB, RB, TE, and we have our stud LG and OT's of the future. WR isnt the strongest but it's deep and we have some good young players who barely get any playing time right now (Edelman, Price). BB also seems to have had more success in FA than the draft when it comes to WR.

It seems unlikely that we draft any offensive players in Rd 1 unless there's a standout Center that BB really likes.

We've used high picks in the previous 2 seasons on CBs in McCourty and Dowling.

Our LB corps seems pretty solid with Mayo, Spikes, Fletcher, Ninko, Guyton.

I think Chung is developing into a leader in our secondary and a very good safety. Meriweather could be gone after this year. So depending on Sergio Browns development, we could draft another Safety next year.

The more glaring issue with our defense is the DLine, where Ellis, Carter, and Warren are all temporary band aids at the end of their careers. Haynesworth could still have a few good years in him, but he's a ticking time bomb and its only a matter of time before BB gets rid of him. I'll be happy if we even get 1 good year out of him.

Brace was a wasted pick and can't stay on the field. Cunningham isn't the pass rushing stud we need in this pass-happy league. Anderson is only decent and hasnt produced well since his rookie year. Wright is good when healthy.... but hasnt been healthy for a long time.

With our move to a 4-3 defense, that means we really only have 1 mainstay starter on the DLine (Wilfork).

I wouldnt be surprised to see BB double up on DLine picks early in the draft, kinda like he did with TE and RB in the past two drafts.

I have my eye on a few players that could help us that I would like to see in Foxboro next July.

Let's start with Alabama. Six guys on their defense would be perfect for us. NT Chapman. ILB Hightomer. ILB/OLB Upshaw, CB Kirkpatrick, SS Barron, FS Lester. A must have from the Alabama offense is OG Barrett Jones.

If we stay with the 4-3, a guy we must have, provided he continues to improve and runs well is DE Taylor of South Carolina. Big at 6'6" and brawny at 250 pounds or so. Rumored to run a 4.5 forty. Seeing him come off the edge would be a huge upgrade over grey beard Carter or sssllloowwwww as paint drying Cunningham.

On offense OT is probably not a need for us, but Martin from Stanford could be a beast for us at ROT. (Vollmer moves to LOT)

Also Stanford QB Luck, probably not a need for us either, is a once in a generation QB provided he stays healthy.

Also if we stay 4-3 the LB from BC, Kirchy I think, becomes an interesting kid to watch in 2012 as well as ILB Cauldon from TCU. At this point anybody but Spikes is my motto.

PS: Didn't Wilfork beat Spikes in the forty when both were at the combine?

A lot of it does depend on what the longterm base defense will be (3-4 or 4-3).

1A: OC Mike Brewster
1B: FS Robert Lester
2A: WR Juron Criner or WR Michael Floyd
2B: OLB Sean Spence

I think finding Koppen's replacement is long overdue and brewster is good enough to warrant a 1st round pick. He's considered NFL ready by most and would be the last missing young piece to a rebuild offensive line (Solder, Mankins, Brewster, Cannon, Vollmer)

Lester is the coverage stud they need at safety especially with James Sanders cut.

Floyd or Criner provide the physical receiver they really need. A huge problem in the Jets game was physical play from Revis and Cromartie frustrating Welker and Branch. Criner and Floyd are both strong guys who will beat press coverage more often than not.

Right now no one on the team is really a prototypical 4-3 OLB which is a problem is they wanna play more 4-3 and Sean Spence takes care of that. He's extremely athletic, is slightly undersized, and is a tackling machine.

There are many that i like but I have a few binkies.

#1. LB Lavonte David of Nebraska. Hes undersized and probably not a fit but the dude is amazing. There are tackling machines and then theres this guy.

#2. Wr Jeff Fuller of Texas A&M. The definition of a possesion reciever. Brady doesnt need a deep threat he needs this guy. He's the wide reciever version of Gronk.

#3 RB Cyrus Gray of Texas A&M. The only running back on my radar. I can't really compare his game to anyone elses but he is just nasty.

#4 FS Delano Howell of Stanford. Haven't seen much of him but what i did see was pretty good coverage with great tackling. His tackling sets him apart from a weak safety class.

As Ochmed said, love some of the Bama players. My three from Bama: Hightower, Upshaw, Kirkpatrick.

Alshon Jeffery, Quinton Coples, Vontaze Burfict, Janzen Jackson, Janoris Jenkins, Justin Blackmon, Kenny Tate, Greg Childs, Vinny Curry, David Wilson, Andre Ellington, Lamichael James, Dwight Jones.

Probably the first time in a while I'm not focusing that much on CB. Seem to be fairly solid there with McCourty, Bodden, Dowling, Butler. Still wouldn't mind taking one in the 3rd or 4th. Can never have enough.

Still not sold on Spikes as one of our LB's of the future. Would love to see a player as violent as Burfict or a player as talented as Hightower in our defense. Think we also need help at FS, WR, OL, and DL/DE.

Assuming they stick with this 4-3 Under scheme, I like Jared Crick. He's not as bulky as you want a 3-4 DE to be, but I think he'd excel at that 4-3 Under LE spot that Shaun Ellis is going to play this season.

Big fan of Brewster, not a fan at all of Koppen...

The Pats need a FS, but this looks to be another weak class.

That 4-3 Under SLB is a very interesting position. It's a great position for someone who excels in space and against the run, but is just okay as a rusher. That basically describes Ninkovich perfectly, but he's definitely upgradeable.

WR needs to be upgraded, but I think you can find the undersized, underfast route-runners after the early rounds.

I'd love to see New Orleans fall short in every possible way this season so we could have a shot at a big name. The top two on my list are Alshon Jeffery and Quinton Coples.

I'd go for Coples over Jeffery at this current time, but Alshon would fully flesh out our receiving core. I don't look for Chad to be here too long, and could see Price developing into a 2nd or 3rd guy very soon. With Welker, Price, and Alshon added to our TEs, we'd be incredibly hard to stop offensively especially if our RBs play up to their potential. We really do have an amazing offense. Realistically, a DE is the best idea.

Devin Taylor from SC would be the easy choice with a late 1st round pick for me. If he plays too well though, he'll be another player just outside our reach. At some point we'll have to parlay extra choices into moving up.

In the 2nd round I'd like to see us sign Ben Jones and Robert Lester. Both would fit in well here, with current startes Koppen and Meriweather playing well, but being replaceable.

I think Michael Brewster as some suggested, makes the most sense in the 1st round value and need wise. For our other 1st rounder, I'm probably in the minority but I would really consider TJ McDonald (USC) if he declares. I'm just not a big fan of Lester.

2nd round I love Vinny Curry (Marshall) as a LOLB opposite Cunningham. He is a great pass rusher and seems to be a BB type of player from his interviews. I just hope he can have a similar year to his monster JR year.

Mid round I like Billy Winn (Boise St.). Just a solid all around player who can play DL in both the 3-4 and the 4-3.

This man!
mike-brewsterjpg-77fd06f0f808327f.jpg

I'll download couple of Bama games and work on them during the winter.

I'm still way more worried about the lack of young players on our defense. Than I am on offense. I'd like to get in order thru draft or free agency.

1 FS - Not going to re-up Big Bang Clock
2 DE - Need young rusher desperately.
3 OLB - Need a Will or Sam. I'd rather have Mayo at MLB.
4 DT - If Pryor and Love develop could skip this. Especially, if Haynesworth comes back for 2012.

Offense
1. WR - Doubt we keep Branch and Ochocinco. We'll probably keep whomever does best this year in 2012. Definitely need to re-up Welker. Not sure what we have in Price/Edelman.
2. C - Dan Koppen hate has reached the absurd point on this board. I'd re-up him for 2 years and try to draft a replacement with 2b or 3rd. Don't see the need to spend another first on OL when we have Mankins, Vollmer, Solder and Hopefully M. Cannon holding down the other spots on the OL.

Maybe something like this;
1A Vinny Curry - DE/OLB - Marshall Need a pass rusher
1B Jeff Fuller - WR - Texas A&M Too good to pass on.
2A Nigel Bradham - OLB - Florida St Can probably play that WOLB.
2B Ben Jones - C - Georgia Groom behind Koppen.

Didn't get my FS or depth at DT. I like a kid at PSU. D'Anton Lynn. He's Johnny Lynn's kid. NFL DB coach. He plays CB at PSU but has pretty good size and can tackle. Will remind you of Ras I Dowling. I could see him in the 3rd if he's available.

I'd love to see New Orleans fall short in every possible way this season so we could have a shot at a big name. The top two on my list are Alshon Jeffery and Quinton Coples.
What makes you and everyone else think that BB will use the pick. Most likely he'll trade it for another 1st rounder in 0'13

A note to add. Pats like their O lineman to move well. I think the 10 yard splits is important. They run a lot of screens, quick screens, etc. They also run few zone stretch plays.
That's why I think the Pats took Solder instead of waiting at the 28th pick to take Camiri.

I'm still way more worried about the lack of young players on our defense. Than I am on offense. I'd like to get in order thru draft or free agency.

1 FS - Not going to re-up Big Bang Clock
2 DE - Need young rusher desperately.
3 OLB - Need a Will or Sam. I'd rather have Mayo at MLB.
4 DT - If Pryor and Love develop could skip this. Especially, if Haynesworth comes back for 2012.

Offense
1. WR - Doubt we keep Branch and Ochocinco. We'll probably keep whomever does best this year in 2012. Definitely need to re-up Welker. Not sure what we have in Price/Edelman.
2. C - Dan Koppen hate has reached the absurd point on this board. I'd re-up him for 2 years and try to draft a replacement with 2b or 3rd. Don't see the need to spend another first on OL when we have Mankins, Vollmer, Solder and Hopefully M. Cannon holding down the other spots on the OL.

Maybe something like this;
1A Vinny Curry - DE/OLB - Marshall Need a pass rusher
1B Jeff Fuller - WR - Texas A&M Too good to pass on.
2A Nigel Bradham - OLB - Florida St Can probably play that WOLB.
2B Ben Jones - C - Georgia Groom behind Koppen.

Didn't get my FS or depth at DT. I like a kid at PSU. D'Anton Lynn. He's Johnny Lynn's kid. NFL DB coach. He plays CB at PSU but has pretty good size and can tackle. Will remind you of Ras I Dowling. I could see him in the 3rd if he's available.

I like it, after seeing TFB get gang-raped the other night I reaffirm my call for more O-line improvement.

There are a ton of guys I really like going into this season so I’ll split this into two posts, offence and defence.

Offensively it seems our most obvious need is C. Dan Koppen is aging and a FA after 2011 so his replacement is a high priority. Luckily it seems there could potentially be three very good C prospects in this draft. Everyone loves Mike Brewster and rightfully so. He'll be a likely 1st round pick, and potentially top 25. The other two top guys are Ben Jones from Georgia and Peter Konz from Wisconsin. Both are a little bigger than Brewster but extremely talented. I've already seen a lot of people that have Jones rated higher than Brewster and as their top C in this draft. Konz is an underclassman, and they generally don't declare early as a C. But Konz is hugely talented and very well could leave early. He has great size and skills, and probably has the highest potential out of all 3. Depending on how they perform this year the sweet spot for C seems to be late 1st/early 2nd round.

Offensively this draft seems to be really deep at two main positions; OT and WR. OT doesn’t seem like much of a need with Solder and Vollmer the bookends for the next decade. However, having a deep and talented OT class will push other players further down the draft. At the moment it seems like there are 3 legit, elite OT prospects. Matt Kalil is at the top and could be in contention for #1 overall depending on who is picking. Jonathan Martin is another beast and he will be protecting Andrew Luck’s blindside this season. He will likely go top 10 and potentially top 5. The third of the top guys is Riley Reiff from Iowa. Another big, strong and athletic LT that could go top 10.

There are two other guys that I could see push themselves into the 1st round. The first is Mike Adams from Ohio State. He undoubtedly has the talent to be a 1st round pick but he hasn’t quite put it all together yet, especially in pass protection. He will also be suspended for the 1st 5 games of 2011 so he will need to battle into the first round. His best fit would be as a run blocking RT. The other guy with a lot of potential is Andrew Datko from Florida State, who with Zebrie Sanders makes one of the best OT combinations in the country. He’s got good athleticism and I think he will be one of the biggest O-line risers this year.

The dark horse to watch this year at OT is DJ Fluker from Alabama. He is only a redshirt sophomore this year so it is highly unlikely he will declare, but if he does he could easily go top 10. We won’t go OT early in this draft, but the more guys that go high the more players fall to us.

In terms of WR this is an extremely deep class with potentially 10 guys with 1st or 2nd round grades. Right now it might not seem like a huge need, but with Branch a FA after 2011 and Ocho Cinco coming to the end of his career we will need to add another WR in the next few years. With the complexity of our offence and how difficult it is to learn, I think this is the year to get a guy and give him time to learn.

I currently see the top guys in 3 tiers

Tier 1- Top 10- Out of Reach
Alshon Jeffery- South Carolina
Justin Blackmon- Oklahoma State

Tier 2- Late 1st/early 2nd- Possible Targets
Jeff Fuller- Texas A&M
Michael Floyd- Notre Dame (Would be tier 1 if he didn’t have off the field concerns)
Juron Criner- Arizona
Ryan Broyles- Oklahoma

Tier 3- 2nd/early 3rd
Mohamed Sanu- Rutgers
Greg Childs- Arkansas
Dwight Jones- UNC
Chris Owusu-Stanford

Alshon Jeffery and Blackmon will go well before the Pats first pick so I don’t think they are realistic. However, I do really like Jeff Fuller from Texas A&M. He is a big, physical guy with good athleticism and great hands. He is a possession receiver who works the middle of the field well plays physical. I love the way he goes and gets the ball and he probably has the largest catching radius of any WR in this draft outside of Alshon Jeffery. In the late 1st early 2nd I would love to get this guy.

The other WR I really like is Greg Childs out of Arkansas. He was very productive last year before he got hurt and I am once again expecting big things out of him this year. He has a good size/speed combo but the thing I like most about him is his separation abilities. He just always seems to find a way to get open. If we can’t get Fuller in the late 1st/early 2nd, Childs in the late 2nd would be another great option.

The dark horse of these WR’s is Chris Owusu from Stanford. With Andrew Luck returning I think Owusu is in for a monster year as long as he can stay healthy. If he lives up to my expectations he could easily move from early 3rd to late 1st round draft grade.

Like OT, QB is a position we won’t be looking at early, but could play an important part in pushing more players down to us. Currently there are 3 guys that look destined for the 1st round. Andrew Luck is the consensus #1 player in this draft and I don’t see him doing a Jake Locker and hurting his stock. The only way I don’t see him going #1 overall is if a team like Detroit or St Louis with an established young QB gets the first pick and don’t need a QB. The next guy is Matt Barkley from USC and he is another likely top 5 pick if he can continue to develop in 2011. The 3rd guy is Landry Jones form Oklahoma, who is projected to go top 15. I also think there are two guys that could push their way into the 1st with a good performance this year. They are Nick Foles from Arizona and Kirk Cousins from Michigan State. Hopefully they can have big years because the more QB’s that go in the first round the better it is for the Pats. (Although a strong QB class could reduce the trade value of a guy like Brian Hoyer if the Pats did try to move him)

In terms of RB and TE, neither position looks particularly deep and are unlikely to affect the Pats draft. At RB the top guys are Trent Richardson and LaMichael James. Neither will be Pats targets so hopefully they go high. One interesting guy to watch could be Knile Davis who will miss the entire 2011 season due to injury. He is extremely talented so he could be a good later round option. The TE class looks pretty average and will have little effect on the Pats draft.

RG could potentially be a big need if Marcus Cannon doesn’t work out. Hopefully he does so we don’t need to spend a high pick on RG, but if we do there are some solid guys available. The top two guys are David DeCastro from Stanford and Kelechi Osemele from Iowa State. Both have the potential to be elite OG’s and could easily go late 1st round. Later on there are also some solid options with Barrett Jones from Alabama and Cordy Glenn from Georgia my favourite options in the 2nd/3rd round range.

It currently looks like the top 10 of the draft will be offensive dominated, with 2 QB’s, 3 OT’s and 2 WR’s all likely to be taken. Then 10-20 looks to be dominated defensively, especially at CB.

Last edited:
Defensively I think we are a lot less sure of the Pats needs going into the 2012 draft. There are still a lot of questions that need to be answered about not only individual players (Haynesworth), but the type of defensive scheme the Pats will run. Will they stay with a disciplined, controlling two gap 3-4 defence, or will they go for an aggressive penetrating 4-3. I think they will continue to run a hybrid defence that will open up the types of defenders that they may be looking for, and make guys that they previously wouldn’t have considered, genuine options.

Right now the obvious need on defence is Safety. In terms of safeties, it seems like a solid class, but I don't see anyone worth a first round grade at the moment. The two guys I like the most are TJ McDonald from USC and Mark Barron from Alabama. I think McDonald is the best all-around FS in this class and is skilled in so many areas. Unlike most of the FS prospects in this draft he is a very good wrap up tackler, but he also has the size and strength to put on a hit. He's very good in man coverage against TE's but can struggle a little against smaller, quicker WR's. He's got great athleticism, solid speed, good ball skills and plays the run and the pass very well. He did look silly at times last year against Oregon, but for a safety against that offence I think it is understandable.

Barron is the top SS in this draft and is a great leader and tackler. He's not afraid to put on a big hit and makes WR's think twice about going over the middle. He is the most physical DB in college football and demands respect from the opposition. He is solid in coverage but can be caught out at times. I think the only thing stopping him from being an elite SS prospect is his speed. I think it’s adequate on film, but I don't think it will test well. I think he will have a great season, but his stock will fall in the lead up to the draft as people question his athleticism. I wouldn't be worried though, if he goes any later than round 2 I think he will be a steal.

Out of the other safeties I really like Kenny Tate, but he will be hard to evaluate this year because he will be playing LB. Maybe that will help the Pats because it could easily drop him into the 3rd round range. I'm trying to like Robert Lester, but his refusal to tackle really turns me off. If he can learn some tackling technique he could become the standout #1 FS in this draft. Some other interesting guys are Ray Ray Armstrong from Miami, Eddie Whitley from V-Tech and Markelle Martin from Okla State. This is a position I see a lot of movement in throughout the year with guys moving all around the board.

By far the deepest defensive position in this draft is CB. It may not seem like a huge need with McCourty, Bodden and Dowling, but I won’t count it out as a position the Pats take early simply because it is so deep the value available could be too good to pass up. There could be as many as 8 CB’s with a 1st round grade in the 2012 draft, and the only thing that separates most of them is personal opinion.

The current top CB prospects are:
Dre Kirkpatrick- Alabama
Stephon Gilmore- South Carolina
Alfonzo Denard- Nebraska
Jayron Hosley- Virginia Tech
Cliff Harris- Oregon
Chase Minnifield- Virginia
Morris Claiborne- LSU
Janoris Jenkins- North Alabama

A lot of these guys are underclassmen so they may not declare, but if they do this could be one of the best CB classes in a long time. Out of these guys I really like the look of Morris Clairborne from LSU and Chase Minnifield from Virginia.

DE looks like it could potentially be another need for the Pats, and it looks like a solid class for pass rushers. Quinton Coples form UNC looks like the standout DE in this draft, and is likely a top 5-10 pick. His teammate Donte Paige-Moss looks like another top pass rusher who could be a top 15 pick and has the versatility to play DE and OLB in a 3-4. The other top 3-4 OLB prospect is Brandon Jenkins from Florida State. He had a monster year last year and if he can repeat that he will be a definite top 20 pick. I really like this guy but he will likely be a bit out of range for the Pats.

One guy that I know a lot of people on here are really high on is Vinny Curry from Marshall. He is an explosive and dominant pass rusher that can play OLB in a 3-4 or bulk up and play end in a 4-3. I like him but he is a bit one dimensional for me to take so high. He is a likely 1st rounder so I don’t think I would be comfortable using such a high pick on a pure pass rusher, even though he is an extremely talented one.

The guy I like the most is Ochmed’s guy Devin Taylor. He is long, lean and athletic at 6’7” 250lbs, but he would need to bulk up a little to play in the NFL, especially at DE. He is a talented pass rusher, but doesn’t quite have the pedigree as the guys above, but what he does offer is versatility. With some bulk I have no doubt he could play the run well as either a DE or OLB. But the thing that impressed me the most watching him was his ability to play both as a down lineman and on his feet, and to be able to drop into coverage from both positions. He is highly athletic and moves well enough in space to be really solid in shallow coverage for a big guy. I don’t think he is going to be a 15 sack DE or OLB, but I think he is going to be a star as an all-around quality football player. He’s currently a late 1st round prospect, but with a big year I can easily see him going top 10.

(On a side not, this South Carolina team is going to be a lot of fun to watch this year. A D-Line with Taylor, Melvin Ingram and Javedeon Clowney with Stephon Gilmore in coverage. And add to that Alshon Jeffery and Marcus Lattimore on offence they are going to be exciting. If Stephen Garcia can keep it together on and off the field I think they are a genuine contender.)

There are also some solid 2nd tier DE’s who could be good value in the 2nd/3rd round range. Jake Bequette from Arkansas, Branson Lindsay from Pitt, Ingram from South Carolina and Allan Branch from Clemson are all really solid guys that could step up in 2011. Two dark horse DE’s who could really rise in 2011 are Nick Perry from USC who was really disappointing in 2010 but should rebound, and Jonathan Massaquoi from Troy. He is a quick and explosive pass rusher who many are predicting to explode up draft boards in 2011, possibly into the first round. If not he could be top 10 in 2013.

The DT class in 2011 looks a little weak, especially compared to 2010. The top 2 guys are Jerel Worthy from Michigan State and Jared Crick from Nebraska. Worthy is strictly a 4-3 UT who could be an option if the Pats do go for an attacking 4-3 look. Crick offers the versatility to play 4-3 DT and 3-4 DE at a high level. Both guys should be solid 1st rounders.

My prediction for the Da’Quan Bowers award for stepping up as a Junior goes to Marcus Forston from Miami. Like Bowers, Forston was highly regarded coming out of high school and hasn’t quite put it together yet. He is an explosive athlete that can get after the passer but really struggles against the run. I think this is the year he puts it all together and has a MONSTER season. I don’t think he is as good as Nick Fairley, but I think he can be a similar type of pass rusher inside. He has had some health issues, that are hopefully behind him and I think he is going to be a hot name come draft day. At the moment he probably isn’t an option for the Pats because he is weak against the run, but if he can improve there he will be a likely top 15 pick. I also have to say like Bowers, what I’ve seen of Forston he seems like a really good kid and a good leader (despite the whole Miami situation).

In terms of 3-4 DE’s the top guy to me is Kheeston Randall from Texas. I think he is the prototype two-gap 3-4 DE, and would be a great addition to the Pats, whatever defensive front they run. He isn’t a great pass rusher but he is a monster against the run and can consistently hold up against double teams. He is the best run stuffing DT in this class and I actually mocked him to the Pats last September, so I wouldn’t be too upset if we took him.

My dark horse DT that I think will move up the boards is Dontari Poe from Memphis. He is a monster NT at 6’5” 350lbs, and I can see him having a similar rise to Phil Taylor and Kenrick Ellis this year. NT’s are valuable and this guy could be the best available. Some other interesting NT’s to watch are Alameda Ta’amu from Washinton and Josh Chapman and Kerry Murphy from Alabama. Ta’amu is another monster of a man that could go very high on draft day.

LB seems like a position of decent quality this year. Vontaze Burfict from Arizona State and Luke Kuechly look like solid 1st rounders. With Manti Te’o and Don’t’a Hightower also a good chance of going high in the draft. 4-3 OLB also looks decent with guys like Zach Brown from UNC, Keenan Robinson from Texas, Shawn Spence from Miami and Lavonte David all good possibilities to go in the top 75 picks. My favourite LB in this draft is Travis Lewis, who has incredible potential, but injury has really slowed him down recently. With the combination of injury and lack of demand for 4-3 OLB’s, I think Lewis could be a steal in the late 2nd/3rd round. One concern with Lewis however is there are reports that he has a bad attitude, and I don’t think that would fly in NE.

Last edited:
At the moment, to me it looks like the sweet spot for this draft is late 1st/early second round, where we will likely have 3 picks. If Mallet can prove that he can handle the backup QB duties I would love to trade Brian Hoyer for a 2nd round pick, assuming we can show him off at times this season. If we could pull that off I would love draft to go something like this:

1a. WR- Jeff Fuller- Texas A&M
TMBDraft's Channel - YouTube

1b. DE- Devin Taylor- South Carolina

2a. C- Mike Brewster- Ohio State/Ben Jones- Georgia/ Peter Konz- Wisconsin

2b. FS- TJ McDonald- USC

2c. SS- Mark Barron- Alabama

Wow dude. Impressive stuff esp since you live in Australia. Good Job on all the prospects you listed. I do have one problem with one player though. Mike Adams.
He will be a bust in the NFL. As a 5 star recruit, he came into Ohio State, along with two other 5 star recruits-Mike Brewster and Randy Shugart. Both the OT's have no lived up to their expectations. He is a decent run blocker but other than that, he is unless in pass protection. The sad part is that, of the two OT's recruits, he was the more heralded player. Even then, the other true freshman OT started ahead of him.
I go to Ohio State and have been watching their games for a long time and I don't see the NFL hype for Mike Adams. Also, not sure why you would want him esp since we have Vollmer and Solder. May I ask why?

Also, regarding Mike Brewster. He played LT in HS and came in, beat the senior Center for the job. In 3 years, I've never seen a bad snap from him. He is quick off the ball, great feet (helps that he played LT in HS), great blocker and I've never seen a bad snap from him.

BTW, pple, I don't see BB using one of the 1st rounders. He will be trading it for a future 1st and a current 2nd round pick.
See, if he does it every year, we basically get a free 2nd round pick every year :D:D:D:D

Wow dude. Impressive stuff esp since you live in Australia. Good Job on all the prospects you listed. I do have one problem with one player though. Mike Adams.
He will be a bust in the NFL. As a 5 star recruit, he came into Ohio State, along with two other 5 star recruits-Mike Brewster and Randy Shugart. Both the OT's have no lived up to their expectations. He is a decent run blocker but other than that, he is unless in pass protection. The sad part is that, of the two OT's recruits, he was the more heralded player. Even then, the other true freshman OT started ahead of him.
I go to Ohio State and have been watching their games for a long time and I don't see the NFL hype for Mike Adams. Also, not sure why you would want him esp since we have Vollmer and Solder. May I ask why?

Also, regarding Mike Brewster. He played LT in HS and came in, beat the senior Center for the job. In 3 years, I've never seen a bad snap from him. He is quick off the ball, great feet (helps that he played LT in HS), great blocker and I've never seen a bad snap from him.

I completely agree with you about Adams and I would never draft him early. I do however think that some team is going to see 6'8" 305lbs and good athletecism and think they can turn him into a monster. The reason I looked at OT wasn't because I think the Pats will draft one, but I think they could play an important role in pushing other guys down. If some GM see's Adams and thinks they can turn him into gold in the first round, than thats one extra player the Pats could be looking at that could fall to them. The higher Adams goes the better it is for the Pats.

And its 2:20 am here is Sydney and I only wrote this because I'm putting off doing a University Assignment due tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes