PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1/4 of the season gone...where do they end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Season flys by when it's here...already 1/4 through.

I predicted 14-2..but that ain't happening. Where do you think they end up?

KC will grab the #1 seed IMO so for me it boils down to Pitt and if we can beat them out for the bye. My guess is 11-5 for this team. Not sure if that beats Pitt or not but I hope

Without analyzing the schedule too deeply, maybe 10-6. There are too many unknowns right now. The defense has been atrocious but we have Brady and a very good offense. However, Brady is on pace to be sacked 52 times this season. Will he get injured? Who knows. We are in uncharted territory in the Belichick era.

The bye is essential. The patriots have never won a super bowl without the first round bye. In fact they have never made it to the super bowl in the BB era without the bye

In his defense not a large sample size (2005 2006 2009 )

Oct 5 @TB - W
Oct 15 @NYJ - W
Oct 22 ATL - W
Oct 29 LAC - W
Nov 12 @DEN - L
Nov 19 @OAK - W
Nov 26 MIA - W
Dec 3 @BUF - L
Dec 11 @MIA - W
Dec 17 @PIT - W
Dec 24 BUF - W
Dec 31 NYJ - W

12-4 would be my best guess.
That's an optimistic take but I sure hope that you are right. It goes without saying that you assume that the worst defense in NFL history over the first 4 games somehow fixes most of their problems starting Thursday.

I'm concerned, but this team has been consistently better later rather than early in the season. That being said, we have a very tough 6 game stretch where we are going to be a lot better to go through above the 50%.

My prediction is 12-4/11-5, 1st place AFC East, no HFA

Oct 5 @TB - W
Oct 15 @NYJ - W
Oct 22 ATL - W
Oct 29 LAC - W
Nov 12 @DEN - L
Nov 19 @OAK - W
Nov 26 MIA - W
Dec 3 @BUF - L
Dec 11 @MIA - W
Dec 17 @PIT - W
Dec 24 BUF - W
Dec 31 NYJ - W

12-4 would be my best guess.
I gave you a like for this. BUT, with this defense, even if they cut the points against by 10 points a game, still would give up 22 points a game. I'm not even optimistic they can cut the points against by 10 points a game.

My prediction is 10-6 or 9-7, and that's best case scenario, including keeping Brady alive. With the way the O-Line is giving up sacks and QB hits, I don't know if Brady survives the year.

This year just proves once again, winning the offseason doesn't mean squat. On paper it looked like a 12-14 win squad.

The bye is essential. The patriots have never won a super bowl without the first round bye. In fact they have never made it to the super bowl in the BB era without the bye

In his defense not a large sample size (2005 2006 2009 )
2001 They won the SB without the bye...

Tampa Bay will be a tough game. If we win that and fix the defense or at least get it to a point where they are in the top 10-15 in the league, we may go 12-4.

You can't fix a defense lacking in talent.

The secondary can be better because there's talent there, but the front seven is severly lacking. Players leaving, Hightower injured and Branch looking like a former shell of himself.

Brady will have to be superman for us to have a shot.

10-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe