PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1/4 of the season gone...where do they end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bye is essential. The patriots have never won a super bowl without the first round bye. In fact they have never made it to the super bowl in the BB era without the bye

In his defense not a large sample size (2005 2006 2009 )

That's why the bye is so important to this team..especially given the D..but can we even get there is the question

I have losses to ATL at home..Buff away and at Denver

I gave you a like for this. BUT, with this defense, even if they cut the points against by 10 points a game, still would give up 22 points a game. I'm not even optimistic they can cut the points against by 10 points a game.

My prediction is 10-6 or 9-7, and that's best case scenario, including keeping Brady alive. With the way the O-Line is giving up sacks and QB hits, I don't know if Brady survives the year.

This year just proves once again, winning the offseason doesn't mean squat. On paper it looked like a 12-14 win squad.

I won't go as low as 10-6, but I'm hoping for 11-5 with losses @PITT, @DEN, and ATL. Losing @Tampa is a real possibility, especially on a short week. But I have to believe the Pats are determined to bounce back.

FYI, 11-5 still may not be enough to secure a bye, if Pittsburgh and Kansas City continue to rack up wins

Last edited:
We have to go 6-2 before the bye. That means we have to win out now until the bye. It might give us a chance at 13-3. Have to sweep the division. This team could lose to anyone right now.

You can't fix a defense lacking in talent.

The secondary can be better because there's talent there, but the front seven is severly lacking. Players leaving, Hightower injured and Branch looking like a former shell of himself.

Brady will have to be superman for us to have a shot.

10-6.

Might have to trade for someone on the defensive side of the ball. They need to cut Harris. He ain't even seeing the field.

I still say that 12-4 or 13-3 is likely. To early to be tossing it in, and too much can happen to other teams in the next 12 games.

I still say that 12-4 or 13-3 is likely. To early to be tossing it in, and too much can happen to other teams in the next 12 games.

The AFC east's a lot better than the AFC north this season. The rats look pathetic.

The AFC east isnt a cakewalk. Except maybe the dolphins. Pats defense isnt stopping anyone. Wouldnt be surprised at 4-2 afc east.

Denver, steelers, oakland? That's 3 almost sure losses. Atlanta?

If your defense is forcing one punt a game, 8-8 would be charitable.

13-3 all is well again, Gilmore makes the Pro Bowl :D

Last edited:
@archstanton543 and @QuantumMechanic , at least give us your prediction if you are going to disagree with me.

Nope. I don't have to. But I'll give you two games. They will lose to TB this week (not enough time to fix what's wrong with the D...not even a little bit) and Atlanta will be a loss. Again, not enough time to fix what's wrong with the D and the Falcons will be beyond pumped for this game.

@archstanton543 and @QuantumMechanic , at least give us your prediction if you are going to disagree with me.

I'll chip in......

Oct 5 @TB - L (I would feel better about this if the Patriots weren't playing on a short week. But Patrica likely needs more time to tinker with the defense and their schemes)
Oct 15 @NYJ - W
Oct 22 ATL - L (The Falcons are losing Julio Jones/Vic Beasely for sometime, so this game could actually be winnable. Still depends on how our defense progresses)
Oct 29 LAC - W
Nov 12 @DEN - L (Don't expect Brady to carve up Denver's defense, or for the Pats to put up a lot of points. This will put more pressure on our defense, playing at a Mile High)
Nov 19 @OAK - W
Nov 26 MIA - W
Dec 3 @BUF - W
Dec 11 @MIA - W
Dec 17 @PIT - L (Playoff team with a pretty potent offense. Their defense has improved. Playing on their own turf)
Dec 24 BUF - W
Dec 31 NYJ - W

11-5 or 12-4 would be my final projection. Tampa/ATL game could be a win or loss. I expect the Pats to lose @PIT and @DEN and end up with the #3 seed.

10-6 would be the worst case scenario

Last edited:
Huh. I was going to say 10-6 but after seeing @Soul_Survivor88 give his breakdown I might have to come down to 9-7 because I think they'll lose all four games he has listed as losses plus one AFCE game (in the BB/TB12 history I believe NE has only swept the division twice, with one of them coming in 2007, obviously).

Indeed, look at Oakland, Carr is out for at lest 2 weeks and we all saw what Oakland looked like when he got hurt last season.

Nope. I don't have to. But I'll give you two games. They will lose to TB this week (not enough time to fix what's wrong with the D...not even a little bit) and Atlanta will be a loss. Again, not enough time to fix what's wrong with the D and the Falcons will be beyond pumped for this game.

Genuinely curious, will you bother to watch the game if it's a foregone conclusion for you?

Season flys by when it's here...already 1/4 through.

I predicted 14-2..but that ain't happening. Where do you think they end up?

KC will grab the #1 seed IMO so for me it boils down to Pitt and if we can beat them out for the bye. My guess is 11-5 for this team. Not sure if that beats Pitt or not but I hope
I think Pitt will go 11-5 so it all comes down to if we win against them or not imo.

11-5 shoudn't be enough for a bye.
You sure?

Name one other team capable of 12 wins outside of the AFC West winner and Pittsburgh.

Is Pitt a shoe in to win 12+ games with how inconsistent they are?

I always have to laugh when people predict Pittsburgh beating New England....even in the years we weren't that good or coming off embarrasing losses...brady always would kick the **** out of the steelers..he owns them. Brady knows it, and the steelers know it. They are petrified of tom brady

We will beat them again. Heinz field doesn't matter, brady LOVES playing the steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference