PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1/4 of the season gone...where do they end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure?

Name one other team capable of 12 wins outside of the AFC West winner and Pittsburgh.

Is Pitt a shoe in to win 12+ games with how inconsistent they are?

You know how people are in here man.

But you’re right if we pencile KC in at number 1 who is getting that 2nd seed with 12 wins. It won’t be Houston or a team from that division that leaves us or Pitt. Pitt is terrible on the road and Ben isn’t elite anymore. Now look at there schedule

Jacksonville
@KC
Cincinnati
@Detroit
@Indinapolis
Tennessee
Green Bay
@Cincinnati
Baltimore
New England
@Houston
Cleveland

How do people see 12 wins on that schedule there away schedule is very tough and GB as well as us can easily go to Pitt and wax them at home.

I think we'll need a bounce back performance like how we played in NO to beat TB, it looks like a very tough game right now. Think we'll handle NYJ , and ATL will probably whoop our asses if the D doesn't experience a major turnaround by then. I would gladly take going into the bye at 5-3 then hopefully by then we have our issues sorted out, and can finish 12-4 with a win over Pittsburgh which would get us the 2 seed at worst.

It doesn't look good right now but in 2003 / 2014 we looked pretty bad on D at this point with at least 2 putrid performances in each season, not AS bad as this year sure but both years very few would have guessed us being the #1 seed at the end after week 4. Especially 2003 rattling off 12 straight. If this team gets it going nothing's out of reach.

Genuinely curious, will you bother to watch the game if it's a foregone conclusion for you?

Why do people bother to do W/L schedule predictions if they're so sure of the outcome?

C'mon, let's get real here.

I always have to laugh when people predict Pittsburgh beating New England....even in the years we weren't that good or coming off embarrasing losses...brady always would kick the **** out of the steelers..he owns them. Brady knows it, and the steelers know it. They are petrified of tom brady

We will beat them again. Heinz field doesn't matter, brady LOVES playing the steelers

Well this defense might resurrect big ben's career.

After they win Thursday and look much better are you guys going to redo your predictions?

You know how people are in here man.

But you’re right if we pencile KC in at number 1 who is getting that 2nd seed with 12 wins. It won’t be Houston or a team from that division that leaves us or Pitt. Pitt is terrible on the road and Ben isn’t elite anymore. Now look at there schedule

Jacksonville
@KC
Cincinnati
@Detroit
@Indinapolis
Tennessee
Green Bay
@Cincinnati
Baltimore
New England
@Houston
Cleveland

How do people see 12 wins on that schedule there away schedule is very tough and GB as well as us can easily go to Pitt and wax them at home.

The AFC north's terrible. Wouldn't shock me if they swept that division

HOU and the AFC West runner-up
You think Houston will finish 10-2 the rest of the way? That's what they'd need if we go 11-5. Tiebreaker baby.

I predicted 12-4 to start the season. Right now they look like a 9-7 or 10-6 team. I've seen this story many times throughout the years in the New Orleans Saints. Outstanding offense and QB play, hideous defense. I can't base anything on hopes and maybes and wishful thinking. Looking at the last 4 games and the last 4 games only, this is a 10-6 team. And that's a huge testament to Brady and the O, because without them this team is definitely a 5-11 ish team

The AFC north's terrible. Wouldn't shock me if they swept that division
I say they lose one. Pitt vs. division teams on the road will lay one duck. So that would put them at two losses.

@KC, @ Detroit @Houston look like very possible road losses. I see 1-2 losses there.

The game vs. us, vs. Tennessee and the one vs. Green Bay will probably have at least a loss in there.

So that's probably about 3 losses within all of those games. Which puts them at 11-5.

So bottom line, if we beat Pittsburgh, 11-5 will be enough imo.

Oct 5 @TB - W
Oct 15 @NYJ - W
Oct 22 ATL - W
Oct 29 LAC - W
Nov 12 @DEN - L
Nov 19 @OAK - W
Nov 26 MIA - W
Dec 3 @BUF - L
Dec 11 @MIA - W
Dec 17 @PIT - W
Dec 24 BUF - W
Dec 31 NYJ - W

12-4 would be my best guess.

I agree with this but I think losing to Atlanta is a real possibility. I think by the time they see Pittsburgh they'll have things figured out. At Denver is always very tough.

I see 11-5, maybe 12-4 if they can somehow knock off Denver or win all 6 of their divisional games.

We'll finish the season 14-2 and win Super Bowl LII...

Make thread/Quote this in February

I agree with this but I think losing to Atlanta is a real possibility. I think by the time they see Pittsburgh they'll have things figured out. At Denver is always very tough.

I see 11-5, maybe 12-4 if they can somehow knock off Denver or win all 6 of their divisional games.

I know atlanta's good but at home? Gotta beat them.

You think Houston will finish 10-2 the rest of the way? That's what they'd need if we go 11-5. Tiebreaker baby.

Perhaps. You might look up 3 way tie-breakers. :)

In any case, the priorities are as Bill and Bill taught us. Worry about the division first. The rest will come. We need to be the best (and hot, and lucky) team in the playoffs.

I remember discussions about whether we even wanted a bye. We've also argued about whether players should sit if the game no longer mattered. The reality is that we need to be strong in the playoffs.

Perhaps. You might look up 3 way tie-breakers. :)

In any case, the priorities are as Bill and Bill taught us. Worry about the division first. The rest will come. We need to be the best (and hot, and lucky) team in the playoffs.

I remember discussions about whether we even wanted a bye. We've also argued about whether players should sit if the game no longer mattered. The reality is that we need to be strong in the playoffs.
I hate three way tie breakers. But mind you Houston and Pitt play each other near the end of the year, so that will be an extra loss for one or the other.

After they win Thursday and look much better are you guys going to redo your predictions?

Well remember they did that against the saints only to stink it up against the Texans and then the panthers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST