PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1/4 of the season gone...where do they end up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with the 10-6, but I don't think the defensive play has been due to a lack of talent

Our young dline are getting pressures and sacks, it's mostly our secondary just completely blowing coverages or getting penalties at the absolute worst times possible to extend opponents drive

With Hightower out, our LB group is JV quality and one of the worst in the entire league.. that is where they have the largest talent gap on the roster and is why they're trying to play safeties down in the box as a smaller linebacker

This is where David Harris has been such a disappointment to me and I'm sure many of us. A mystery really, I would think his experience would earn him more playing time. I have a hard time believing a 10 year vet who has been a field general in some complex schemes can't pick up this defense. So he must have lost more than a step to not be able to get on the field, especially with High out.

I'm going to stick with your prediction of losses to ATL and @DEN, but I'm going to include a 50/50 possibility of either @MIA/@PIT.

I think people are overlooking that 5/6 road stretch a bit, particularly at the end of it.
A win tonight means 3-2 them the jets and sd in 2 weeks.
Then we have 5 of of 8 in the second half vs a very poor division.
The other 3 are Denver, oakland, Pitt

I see it very reasonable to sweep the division tha year.
This puts them at 10-2 plus atl Pitt Oakland Denver
Historically this team wins 2 or more likely 3 of those.

Nothing is off the rails yet they just have to go out and play patriot football.

A win tonight means 3-2 them the jets and sd in 2 weeks.

Atlanta is in two weeks (following the Jets). SD the week after.

I agree that the schedule is winnable outside of Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Denver. Oakland should be a win with Carr out for a while.

I agree that the schedule is winnable outside of Atlanta, Pittsburgh and Denver. Oakland should be a win with Carr out for a while.

Carr will be back by that time. This team needs to just play patriots football. Hopefully it starts tonight. We get Atlanta at home. It's just amazing that we have lost two home games already.

The way we have played this season, I don't think we can say " this is a guaranteed win" against any team. Who thought we would lose to Carolina at home? I think the main thing is we have to make sure we correct our defensive problems and communication very fast!!! I think we all have confidence in Bill, so I'm sure it will improve, just a matter of "when" and "how much".

Yeah I worded it wrong I was listing Jete and chargers are slugs.

The way we have played this season, I don't think we can say " this is a guaranteed win" against any team. Who thought we would lose to Carolina at home? I think the main thing is we have to make sure we correct our defensive problems and communication very fast!!! I think we all have confidence in Bill, so I'm sure it will improve, just a matter of "when" and "how much".
Nothing is every guaranteed. Teams often lose to bad teams and beat good ones.
I was just lying out the schedule and a reasonable expectation.

I am going 11-5 or 12-4. They might have won Sunday if Gilmore didn't cause a stupid foul. I think they will get their sh*t together.

I say this knowing full well our defense has been hot trash at this point, so its hard to look at other teams and be critical without feeling like a hypocrite at this point.

But...I'll do it anyway. Oakland was struggling with Carr, they have damn near abandoned the run which makes no sense. And the defense outside of Mack is not good. Denver is jeckyl and hyde and go as Simien goes. Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh...same as it always was.

Atlanta is the team that is hard to figure out. They lost Buffalo and hung on to beat Chicago. Buffalo is somewhat understandable as Jones and Sanu were out. But Chicago?

I think this is one of those seasons without a team clicking on all cylinders and all the teams are closer to the middle of the pack than they are to the top or bottom.

Yeah but all we are using as evidence to right the ship is: " They've done it before".
When something happens 16 times in a row, with close to the same talent, then the best guess is that it will happen again.

Consider a coin. If it comes up heads 16 times in a row, what is your prediction for the next flip. Mine is that coin is biased in some way. I would bet heads.

Belichick defenses almost always improve over the season (after accounting for injuries), so I expect it to happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference