PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

I am not, you got your logic used against you with the Brady example. I have stated why I think Mcvay should be the highest paid coach In the league and you disagree
You made a silly comparison that was in no way relevant. There is no salary cap for coaches, you can pay them whatever you want.

You want to say BB has fallen off without doing so… as if 3 years removed from his last championship a rebuild has diminished his skills.

Pete Carroll record by season 10-6, 9-7, 8-8. Then fired. We are watching Mr. Kraft!
There is almost nothing similar between what led to Pete’s exit and the Patriots and BB right now.

I also think Bill’s retirement isn’t that far off. He is 70. The Patriots should have plenty of good options across the league when the time comes.

You said Andy Reid is a better coach than Bill Belichick. Lololololololol. That should be the end of any discussion right there
Not sure what’s funny about it, he’s been to 2 Super Bowls, won 1, and been to 4 straight afc title games in the last 4 years. If you want to say his success is tied with the quarterback, then I’d agree…but so was BBs

You made a silly comparison that was in no way relevant. There is no salary cap for coaches, you can pay them whatever you want.

You want to say BB has fallen off without doing so… as if 3 years removed from his last championship a rebuild has diminished his skills.
I said Mcvay should be the highest paid coach in the league based on what he’s done recently. I said he’s a better coach imo. Not sure what words I’m mincing. You not acknowledging that a 70 year old man can diminish is odd

Last edited:
Not sure what’s funny about it, he’s been to 2 Super Bowls, won 1, and been to 4 straight afc title games in the last 4 years. If you want to say his success is tied with the quarterback, then I’d agree…but so was BBs
If you don’t know why takes hilarious there is just no point discussing the matter with you.

If you don’t know why takes hilarious there is just no point discussing the matter with you.
Good rebuttal, really dug down deep on that one. Glad we at least agree on Mcvay

Good rebuttal, really dug down deep on that one. Glad we at least agree on Mcvay
McVay doesn’t even agree with you on McVay.
You are just being a clown, I’m not going to feed the troll.

McVay doesn’t even agree with you on McVay.
You are just being a clown, I’m not going to feed the troll.
You replied to me, and have made 0 arguments. You are wasting your time

You replied to me, and have made 0 arguments. You are wasting your time
No, I laughed at you. Trolls don’t get “arguments”.

I said Mcvay should be the highest paid coach in the league based on what he’s done recently. I said he’s a better coach imo. Not sure what words I’m mincing. You not acknowledging that a 70 year old man can diminish is odd
Is the 70 year old man running wind sprints?

Mike Tomlin has as many rings as McVay. Did Tomlin fall off as well, or did big Ben fall off and their OLine age out?

Comparing players to coaches is silly. A player can leave to a better or worse team. A coach has to turn an entire franchise around. It’s like turning an oil tanker, it takes time and player development.

Silly… if Kenny Pickett becomes a stud at QB for the Steelers, Mike Tomlin will magically be good again according to this mindset and deserve more money.

McVay is a good coach, one of the better coaches, the Rams GM is pretty suspect though. Buying a team is no great feat.

I think if you told the collection of head coaches at the owners meeting down in Palm Beach that BB had fallen off you’d be laughed out of the room… and BB isn’t usually isn’t in attendance.

Is the 70 year old man running wind sprints?

Mike Tomlin has as many rings as McVay.

Did Tomlin fall off as well or did big Ben fall off and their OLine age out?

Comparing players to coaches is silly. A player can leave to a better or worse team. A coach has to turn an entire franchise around. It’s like turning an oil tanker, it takes time and player development.

Silly… if Kenny Pickett becomes a stud at QB for the Steelers, Mike Tomlin will magically be good again according to this mindset and deserve more money.

McVay is a good coach, one of the better coaches, the Rams GM is pretty suspect though. Buying a team is no great feat.

I think if you told the collection of head coaches at the owners meeting down in Palm Beach that BB had fallen off you’d be laughed out of the room… and BB isn’t usually isn’t in attendance.
A 70 year olds mind and work ethic can’t diminish as he ages? Odd. If you want to play the roster route than that’s fine. What had BB accomplished without Brady? I think it’s fair to talk about. I’m sure if BB had mahomes he’d be successful as well

A 70 year olds mind and work ethic can’t diminish as he ages? Odd. If you want to play the roster route than that’s fine. What had BB accomplished without Brady? I think it’s fair to talk about. I’m sure if BB had mahomes he’d be successful as well
BB developed Brady, made him the QB machine he became. What has he accomplished without Brady? Beyond winning multiple rings as a defensive coordinator, with one of his game plans on display in the HOF. He was the last guy to have Cleveland in the playoffs, which lasted for decades.

He drafted Brady and employed him for two decades. Not much of a sample size other than a terrible ownership situation in Cleveland. All he’s done since Tom left is rebuild the roster from the ground up and get them in the playoffs with a rookie QB… you think that’s “bad.”

You obviously weren’t around prior to BB in New England, or understand what it was to be a league doormat. Your entitlement and naïveté is burning white hot.

BB developed Brady, made him the QB machine he became. What has he accomplished without Brady? Beyond winning multiple rings as a defensive coordinator, with one of his game plans on display in the HOF. He was the last guy to have Cleveland in the playoffs, which lasted for decades.

He drafted Brady and employed him for two decades. Not much of a sample size other than a terrible ownership situation in Cleveland. All he’s done since Tom left is rebuild the roster from the ground up and get them in the playoffs with a rookie QB… you think that’s “bad.”

You obviously weren’t around prior to BB in New England, or understand what it was to be a league doormat. Your entitlement and naïveté is burning white hot.
So you didn’t answer what BB has accomplished as a HC without Brady. Is it a fair thing to ask? If the Patriots start to compete again regularly I’m happy to change my opinion

So you didn’t answer what BB has accomplished as a HC without Brady. Is it a fair thing to ask? If the Patriots start to compete again regularly I’m happy to change my opinion
I specifically did answer.

“All he’s done since Tom left is rebuild the roster from the ground up and get them in the playoffs with a rookie QB… you think that’s “bad.”

It took a lot of self control not to insult you after writing that.

I specifically did answer.

“All he’s done since Tom left is rebuild the roster from the ground up and get them in the playoffs with a rookie QB… you think that’s “bad.”

It took a lot of self control not to insult you after writing that.
So going 17-17 in 2 years is worthy of being the best HC in the league? He’s coached 9 years without Brady. You can insult whoever you want. There’s a reason why you didn’t list his record or playoff accomplishments without him. You can’t have it both ways, and say Mcvay has a loaded roster, but once you take away Brady, BB is pretty average.

So going 17-17 in 2 years is worthy of being the best HC in the league? He’s coached 9 years without Brady. You can insult whoever you want. There’s a reason why you didn’t list his record or playoff accomplishments without him. You can’t have it both ways, and say Mcvay has a loaded roster, but once you take away Brady, BB is pretty average.
They reset the cap in 2020, he had them back in the playoffs with a rookie QB last season… you think that’s bad.

Again… a silly take from someone who started watching the Patriots in the early 2000’s as a child and has zero perspective.

BB drafted and developed Brady, he doesn’t have to justify his existence without Tom…. except for Brady fanboys who think a single magical player leads to Super Bowl rings.

Tom threw one TD (and one INT) in the entire 2001 postseason… but it was all him.

Laughable…

Last edited:
They reset the cap in 2020, he had them back in the playoffs with a rookie QB last season… you think that’s bad.
I never said it was bad. I called him the 2nd or 3rd best coach in the league in 2022 imo. Do you think the Patriots were the best coached team in the league last year? Or the year before that?
Again… a silly take from someone who started watching the Patriots in the early 2000’s as a child and has zero perspective.
You say this based on nothing, just because you dont like my opinion, which I have defended.
BB drafted and developed Brady, he doesn’t have to justify his existence without Tom…. except for Brady fanboys who think a single magical player leads to Super Bowl rings.
Ok, so are we assuming hes doing this go forward, or are we just talking about the past? Hes had 0 success (relative to himself) with nobody but Brady at qb.
Tom threw one TD (and one INT) in the entire 2001 postseason… but it was all him. Laughable…
Nobody said it was all him, and BB is and was a tremendous coach...Especially in his prime.

It seems you want to discredit McVay for having great rosters, he took over a 4-12 team and went 11-5 his first year and has been amongst the most successful organizations of the last 5 years. I agree the roster/qb plays a huge part of coaching success, never denied it.

The story of BB without Brady is being written right now. It is just a chapter though it won’t define his legacy either way. That’s already set. Doesn’t make sense to pretend Bill didn’t exist when the GOAT was here.

Maybe Bill really will be one of those coaches that have all their success with one QB. He won’t be the first great coach like that nor the last. Only Joe Gibbs really had any notable sustained success with multiple QBs.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back