PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

Last 5 years Ring 6

Chiefs- 68-25 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win, 4 straight AFCCGs)
Rams- 62-29 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win)
Patriots- 58-31 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win) 0 playoff wins last 3 years
Yeah but go back 1 more year and NE has 2 SB wins.

After Brady's last season here ended so badly, there was no question a rebuild had to occur, and part of that was the QB moving on at age 42. That we were back in the playoffs after 1 year away is a testimony to Belichick's greatness, and the team is more talented this year. Whether you prefer McVay is up to you. I wouldn't. The Rams will not win another one, and have no draft choices going forward so they're in deep guano.

After Brady's last season here ended so badly, there was no question a rebuild had to occur, and part of that was the QB moving on at age 42. That we were back in the playoffs after 1 year away is a testimony to Belichick's greatness, and the team is more talented this year. Whether you prefer McVay is up to you. I wouldn't. The Rams will not win another one, and have no draft choices going forward so they're in deep guano.
You could easily say that the chiefs/rams success is more relative considering they have the quarterbacks that helped them win Super Bowls and their success in recent years. The patriots success was with Brady, there’s simply no denying it. Like I said how far do we go back if you want to keep going? Is 2007 relevant to 2022? That is a genuine question

Last edited:

Don’t take the troll bait.

Don’t take the troll bait.
Continuing the lazy argument, if you want to debate, bring some facts to the table. If not, not need to continue to jump in

Continuing the lazy argument, if you want to debate, bring some facts to the table. If not, not need to continue to jump in
You are trolling why not just admit it?

You are trolling why not just admit it?
I am trolling because I believe McVay should be the highest paid coach in the league? Its fine if you disagree, make your argument and back it up. Youre doing neither

I am trolling because I believe McVay should be the highest paid coach in the league? Its fine if you disagree, make your argument and back it up. Youre doing neither
I’m not going to argue with a troll. There is no point. You will take each response, turn it into something it is not, twist it, and ultimately manipulate your way around to whatever you are trolling for with false equivalencies and misrepresentations. It’s what you do.

I’m not going to argue with a troll. There is no point. You will take each response, turn it into something it is not, twist it, and ultimately manipulate your way around to whatever you are trolling for with false equivalencies and misrepresentations. It’s what you do.
You jumped in the conversation to tell me my opinion sucked...Youve done nothing except interject with mindless comments. I am open to disagreement, as long as you can support your disagreement. You simply are lazily attacking me for disagreeing with you. You are acting like what I said is outlandish

You jumped in the conversation to tell me my opinion sucked...Youve done nothing except interject with mindless comments. I am open to disagreement, as long as you can support your disagreement. You simply are lazily attacking me for disagreeing with you. You are acting like what I said is outlandish
It does. You are comparing the careers of Andy Reid and Bill Belichick and calling Reid a better HC. There is no intelligent way to defend that opinion.
It is absolutely OUTLANDISH.
But you are a troll, and I see beyond that, and I know you know it’s outlandish. But as a troll you are trying to get a response so that you can get someone to tie Reid’s success to Mahomes, so then you can get to your real motive of trying to trash Belichick by removing all of the success he had when he coached a team when Brady on it.
You are trying to get through the back door by trolling for a comment r that you can misrepresent, twist, and turn into a different argument you create by misrepresenting the other person statements and positions. It’s what you do. That’s why you are a troll.

Hindsight is 20-20. At the time Brady was 41, and they had just won the SB due to their running game. I think it's OK that BB wanted to go 1 year at a time at age 41.
Their running game didn't drive them down the field for TD's the last drive and the first drive of OT vs the Chiefs. That was Brady. Without Brady we weren't even sniffing the SB.

Use the mute button or ignore feature. It will never end otherwise. Trust me

Lots of coaches have shown they can win a Lombardi once.

No other current HC besides BB has won multiple Lombardis as a head coach.

And it’s not like the Pats’ last SB victory was in the 1980s or anything. In the last 8 NFL seasons, BB has won 3 SB titles. In the last 6 NFL seasons, he’s won 2.

And since he last won one, they’ve gone to the playoffs twice in three seasons. So it’s not like they’ve gone to pot as an organization.

I can see why McV would get a humongous contract though. But nobody should pretend he’s at BB’s level or anything.

McVay sure looked like a boy genius when his high-powered offense couldn't score more than 6 points in the SB.

McVay sure looked like a boy genius when his high-powered offense couldn't score more than 6 points in the SB.
This is like Saying BB looked like a Genius when he couldnt force Buffalo to punt for 10 straight quarters. Letting one game define anybody is not a fair argument imo. McVay made it to the super bowl with Jared Goff that year, to trash that is kind of nonsense. I gave you the stats of the last five years, you didnt like them.

This is like Saying BB looked like a Genius when he couldnt force Buffalo to punt for 10 straight quarters. Letting one game define anybody is not a fair argument imo. McVay made it to the super bowl with Jared Goff that year, to trash that is kind of nonsense. I gave you the stats of the last five years, you didnt like them.
With that team, going twice in 5 years and winning once is not particularly impressive.

With that team, going twice in 5 years and winning once is not particularly impressive.
Uh ok, I guess nothing is impressive unless the patriots do it. What the patriots did from 2001-2018 was unprecedented, not normal. I think as time goes on, you’ll realize going to the super bowl 2/5 years with 2 different qbs in impressive

Last edited:
We are so spoiled. The Pats over 20 years redefined what is impressive in the NFL. 2 Superbowls in 5 years is rare. Winning 1 in 5 years ain't bad.

His sons should be assistants at Iowa or Cincinnati. He needs more coaches who have more experience. Sucking at being head coach doesn’t count.

This issue of too few and not experienced enough in the Patriots coaching cadre may be a problem we’ll hear more about from the talking heads.

Maybe it’ll be redemption for Judge and Patricia. Time will tell.

Let me translate: the team is younger and faster but won’t be much better until maybe midway through the season.

I'm sorry but this is just dumb. His QB was Jared Goff. Even Belichick couldn't get to the SB with an average QB...McVay did it in his 2nd year as HC.

Another dumb comment. See above. What do you call the Pats from 2005-2013 then?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back