PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

As the old saying goes, don't feed the troll.

Responding to a troll just encourages more trolling.

The forum owner is pretty loathe to ban anyone, so it's up to you to act.

Trolls gonna troll, IMO they don't change their behavior soon if ever.

Just click on their username on the left side of any of their posts, then hit "Ignore".

No more drama, troll be gone!
I muted him.

Knock yourself out rooting for Brady, but don't get pissy when others don't/won't, he plays for a different team now.
He isn’t getting pissy cause people don’t want to. He’s pissy because 1 clown on here trolls every thread with anti-Brady crap and specifically goes into the Brady forum to post anti-Brady crap. I don’t know why he’s allowed to blatantly troll but for some reason the MODs don’t care.

He isn’t getting pissy cause people don’t want to. He’s pissy because 1 clown on here trolls every thread with anti-Brady crap and specifically goes into the Brady forum to post anti-Brady crap. I don’t know why he’s allowed to blatantly troll but for some reason the MODs don’t care.
There certainly are people I would ban if I were a mod, but they're still here.
For various reasons the mods aren't very likely to ban people these days.
If you're unhappy about "1 clown on here trolls every thread":
USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION!
Whining about someone you don't like does no good.
All it does is makes you look like a whiner.

USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION!
I mean arent you whining about what he said?

USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION!

But there are a few posters who post useful and interesting information/observations, but also occasionally post nasty garbage. So I just put up with the occasional crap and focus on the good stuff. It’s not hard and it’s only a message board, so except for the worst stuff (the exclusive trolls), just let it ride.

The Pats restructured Gilmore’s contract twice, once in 2018 and again in 2019 so they could sign players at the trade deadline. That pushed his cap debt down the road.

By 2020 his cap hit was larger than Brady, AB and Bennett’s dead cap combined… which they only pushed into the subsequent year because they were flat broke in 2019.

They did similar moves with Tom, Gronk, Cannon and other players contracts from 2014 on. Prior to that, borrowing from future cap on existing contracts was taboo in New England. They despised the practice.

Like I said earlier, a quarter of their 2020 cap was gone due to dead cap before a single free agent for 2020 was signed. They needed to re-sign or replace 12 starters who had aged out or cost too much, this included the most expensive position at QB and their entire LB corps.

They were at a dead end unless they were willing to continue borrowing. They weren’t and shouldn’t have. That team needed to be rebuilt and they would have been doing so with one hand tied behind their back.
They had dead cap in 2020 due to Brady (who wouldn't count as dead cap if they had re-signed) and AB, who I admitted was one of the all-in moves they made, but in 2019, not in their championship window. They were cap strapped due to awful drafting that led to not having enough young players making peanuts filling important roles on the roster. And even then all it took was one single off-season to completely reset the situation, making enough money available for them to give out the most guaranteed money ever in free agency prior to 2021.

And to blow @GreenCow's mind - the Lions had the temerity to hire him from the Colts as an administrative assistant to coach special teams WITHOUT SPECIAL TEAMS EXPERIENCE...and then the WRs and TEs the next year WITHOUT WR and TE experience! Because no coach ever has been given other duties once they've proved their football acumen before.

Only 1 coach in NFL history has switched from defensive coordinator to offensive coordinator (or vice versa).

One. Ever.

I have said this for so many years ... 32 teams ...
We have no exclusive priority on salary cap or players ...
I enjoy my team ... competitive in spite of rules aiding lesser teams.
In spite of teams mortgaging their future
Sure .... bad selections but all teams have that ....
Enjoy the ride ... no team have had this ride in many ... many years ...
hindsight is so 20/20 ... put any of you in that draft room and u suck.
We can dig up your draft posts here ... but you already know your record ...
Damn you do not negate my enjoyment ... just do not understand how you enjoy pessimism.
Go flog yourselves with the 98.5 the Score media whores ... nobody will ever hear you fart again.
No time to post much anymore .... but still confused by complaining ... sack up ... nut up ...

Looking forward to the game ... for better or worse.

:whistle::whistle::thumbsup::cool::thumbsup:;)

They had dead cap in 2020 due to Brady (who wouldn't count as dead cap if they had re-signed) and AB, who I admitted was one of the all-in moves they made, but in 2019, not in their championship window. They were cap strapped due to awful drafting that led to not having enough young players making peanuts filling important roles on the roster. And even then all it took was one single off-season to completely reset the situation, making enough money available for them to give out the most guaranteed money ever in free agency prior to 2021.
This is so wrong and it took you so long to formulate this response I’m embarrassed for you.

Brady agreed to the contract extensions he signed… how do we know? He signed them.

They were cap strapped because a quarter of their cap was spent, used on 72 players. The only reason they deferred Brady, AB and Bennett’s money to 2020 was because they were cap broke. Gilmore’s cap hit was bigger than Brady, AB and Bennett’s dead cap hit combined and he was their biggest cap hit in the subsequent year in 2021… despite signing some of the most expensive free agents on the market.

Why? Because they used Gilmore’s contract as a slush fund to sign other players at the trade deadline in 2018 and 2019. He wasn’t the only one. They borrowed from Cannon to sign Sanu, they borrowed from Gronk, Brady and others.

Young players weren’t making the roster in 2014-2018… they didn’t even draft to that point. They mostly traded out or traded for players like Cooks. They started drafting in 2019 and it was a singular bad draft. One bad draft in 2019 didn’t put them in the cap hole they were facing in 2020, years of kicking cap debt down the road was.

They went to 4 Super Bowls and won three of them from 2014-2019… tell us again how it was a failure. Laughable…

You asked for receipts, those are the receipts. Math doesn’t lie.

Last edited:
do-you-still-hear-the-screaming-of-the-lambs.jpg

Was 2019 the first year Brady didn't participate in OTAs? I know he missed a couple before then, but he was more adamant about it that year it seemed. Or was it that he neglected to invite the new guys to his camp? I can't recall exactly, but I do recall there being a red flag regarding the QB/ incoming receivers during that time period. OTA/preseason.

Was 2019 the first year Brady didn't participate in OTAs? I know he missed a couple before then, but he was more adamant about it that year it seemed. Or was it that he neglected to invite the new guys to his camp? I can't recall exactly, but I do recall there being a red flag regarding the QB/ incoming receivers during that time period. OTA/preseason.
2018 was.

He was probably upset in 2019 because he couldn't come to an agreement with the Dolphins or with the Patriots

2018 was.

He was probably upset in 2019 because he couldn't come to an agreement with the Dolphins or with the Patriots
Tom was certainly pissed off each and every second of the 2019 season. He thought he was going to be a partner in ownership in Miami,
alas, he was only an employee in NE (his words). After the AB fiasco, Tom was absolutely despondent.

Tom was certainly pissed off each and every second of the 2019 season. He thought he was going to be a partner in ownership in Miami,
alas, he was only an employee in NE (his words). After the AB fiasco, Tom was absolutely despondent.
I remember we beat the Eagles coming out of the bye and Brady just seemed absolutely miserable in the post game press conference. I didn't think there was any real chance he would leave until that point but I just remember that striking me as odd.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back