PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

And you made my point. BB had it easier than Brady. Couldn't be that hard for for a defensive coach like Bill to gameplan against the motley crew of qbs in this division. Brady literally doesn't step on the field against those QBs. It was Bill's job to get the defense to stop them and it wasn't that hard.

Brady did have to deal with some good defenses in this division over the years. The Jets defense under Rex Ryan might have been the best in the league. Miami's pass rush wasn't bad either they were in the top 10 a bunch of times. Even the Bills defense in the mid '10's with Rex Ryan and Jim Schwartz was quite good. McDermott had the Bills as the #2 scoring defense in the league in his second season there right behind us. One time all 3 of our division rivals had top 10 scoring defenses.

Definitely harder for Brady in the division than it ever was for Bill and his defense.

Look I know what you are trying to do here. :rolleyes:

it helped them both. Bill certainly had an easier time game planning against other teams' offenses, but Brady didn't have to worry about getting into a shootout with those crappy AFCE teams which can put additional pressure on a QB.

Great a other to thread turns into a Mac10 troll-a-thon. Jesuz I've muted him in a bunch of threads already. Bye bye troll.

Look I know what you are trying to do here. :rolleyes:
What's that?
it helped them both. Bill certainly had an easier time game planning against other teams' offenses, but Brady didn't have to worry about getting into a shootout with those crappy AFCE teams which can put additional pressure on a QB.
I'm just saying the problems in the division except for the Patriots were a lot more on offense than they ever were on defense. The defenses were actually very good a lot of the time.

What's that?

I'm just saying the problems in the division except for the Patriots were a lot more on offense than they ever were on defense. The defenses were actually very good a lot of the time.

Yes, and I'm saying your analysis is too simplistic

Yes, and I'm saying your analysis is too simplistic
Fair enough. My money is on Brady in a shootout I've seen enough of those games not to count him out. There weren't many of those in the division.

I remember we won one in Miami the one where Welker had a 99 yard TD and lost one to Fitz's Bills in Buffalo to snap our long win streak against them.

Great a other to thread turns into a Mac10 troll-a-thon. Jesuz I've muted him in a bunch of threads already. Bye bye troll.
The guy is a clown but since he his trolling is anti-Brady no one seems to care.

Are we supposed to root for a guy who plays for another team?
Are we supposed to diminish and ignore everything he did here for 20 years? And yes I still root for Brady to play well as long as it doesn't affect the New England Patriots. I know all the "hurrr go root fer Tampa!" hardos like to think it makes them a better Patriots than me and by all means they can think that because it doesn't really matter. Lots of Patriots fans still root for Brady and some don't but the ones that don't seem to think that you can't root for both for some reason.

You want to stop dealing in reality because it’s dumb, but offer hypotheticals as a defense? Not sure. I know when Mcvay took over the rams were 4-12 and his first season they went to 11-5. Then went to a super bowl with Jared Goff. I haven’t seen BB go to a super bowl with anybody except Brady. Have you?

McVay is the only coach in the league I would take over BB right now, but it has more to do with age since McVay is a good coach who could be around for another 20 years, BB is legendary coach who will be around maybe 2 more years

Are we supposed to diminish and ignore everything he did here for 20 years? And yes I still root for Brady to play well as long as it doesn't affect the New England Patriots. I know all the "hurrr go root fer Tampa!" hardos like to think it makes them a better Patriots than me and by all means they can think that because it doesn't really matter. Lots of Patriots fans still root for Brady and some don't but the ones that don't seem to think that you can't root for both for some reason.
Yes, you can be a fan of more than one team. Some have little trouble rooting for other teams and for players who play on other teams.

Many have no problem rooting for Jimmy G or even a top QB of another team.

Knock yourself out rooting for Brady, but don't get pissy when others don't/won't, he plays for a different team now.

Yes, you can be a fan of more than one team. Some have little trouble rooting for other teams and for players who play on other teams.

Many have no problem rooting for Jimmy G or even a top QB of another team.
That's not what's happening here.

You're suggesting it's OK to root for Toamy / Jimmy G, but the poster here was suggesting it's not OK to be against Toamy / Jimmy G.

They play for other teams now, it's OK to root against them.

Are we supposed to root for a guy who plays for another team?
I can root for Brady, but the point is that this is another thread not remotely related to Tom Brady and a troll turns it into a thread about all Brady's perceived failures throughout his career. Thread after thread after thread.

McVay is the only coach in the league I would take over BB right now, but it has more to do with age since McVay is a good coach who could be around for another 20 years, BB is legendary coach who will be around maybe 2 more years

Yeah, McVay won his first super bowl at the age of 36. Belichick did not win his first super bowl until age 49.

Yeah, McVay won his first super bowl at the age of 36. Belichick did not win his first super bowl until age 49.
BB didn't even become a head coach until age 39.

BB didn't even become a head coach until age 39.
And to blow @GreenCow's mind - the Lions had the temerity to hire him from the Colts as an administrative assistant to coach special teams WITHOUT SPECIAL TEAMS EXPERIENCE...and then the WRs and TEs the next year WITHOUT WR and TE experience! Because no coach ever has been given other duties once they've proved their football acumen before.

So comparing McVay at age 36 and Bill at 49 is apples and oranges.

I'm just saying McVay has a lot of room to run over the next 35 years and already has a head start on BB in terms of age.

I can root for Brady, but the point is that this is another thread not remotely related to Tom Brady and a troll turns it into a thread about all Brady's perceived failures throughout his career. Thread after thread after thread.
As the old saying goes, don't feed the troll.

Responding to a troll just encourages more trolling.

The forum owner is pretty loathe to ban anyone, so it's up to you to act.

Trolls gonna troll, IMO they don't change their behavior soon if ever.

Just click on their username on the left side of any of their posts, then hit "Ignore".

No more drama, troll be gone!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back