PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

You say this based on nothing, just because you dont like my opinion, which I have defended.
Just typing some words isn't defending a position... at least not well.
Ok, so are we assuming hes doing this go forward, or are we just talking about the past? Hes had 0 success (relative to himself) with nobody but Brady at qb.
So Bill along with the other coaches, the other offensive players, the defensive and special team's players were all just passengers on the Timmy train.... sounds legit.

r0W9MDM.png

Learn the game.

Just typing some words isn't defending a position... at least not well.
What isnt defended well? McVay has coached the 3rd winningest team over the last 5 years, has won a SB, been to another (w/ Jared Goff) and the entire league is trying to find his clones. The league is offensive driven now, hes a brilliant offensive mind. Not sure whats wrong here. We can simply agree to disagree
So Bill, other offensive players, the defense and special team's players were all just passengers on the Timmy train.... sounds legit.
Literally never said this, but you can try and get away from the fact that BB is 71-82 without Brady, he is still coaching all those games right? Brady is no longer here, hes 17-17. Still a great coach, but hes 70 years old, and hasnt won a playoff game in 3 years. Sorry you dont like that

r0W9MDM.png

Learn the game.
This is a nice chart, Brady has usually always had great teams around him, never denied it.

This is a nice chart, Brady has usually always had great teams around him, never denied it.
Talking out both sides of your mouth again.

Talking out both sides of your mouth again.
You completely ignored my argument again, while just writing a meaningless comment. Which part of my McVay defense is weak

You are just arguing to argue at this point

You completely ignored my argument a gain, while just writing a meaningless comment.
You're using circular logic and chasing your tail around. There's nothing more to discuss. I can't talk rationally about football with someone who believes one magic player makes all things possible.

Oh yeah, you never said that... all you said was "what has BB done without Brady." Round and round you go, never saying any of the things you used multiple posts to say.

You're using circular logic and chasing your tail around. There's nothing more to discuss. I can't talk rationally about football with someone who believes one magic player makes all things possible.
My logic is on record and ignored. I explained my opinion on McVay, you ignore it. You can disagree, Ive said we can agree to disagree...You keep responding. You are arguing to argue
Oh yeah, you never said that... all you said was "what has BB done without Brady." Round and round you go, never saying any of the things you used multiple posts to say.
his record is 71-82, 1 playoff win 0 division titles. Brady isnt here. Theyve won 0 playoff games in the last 3 years. For some reason its a crime to say another coach is currently better with those facts laid out in front of you.

Last 5 years Ring 6

Chiefs- 68-25 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win, 4 straight AFCCGs)
Rams- 62-29 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win)
Patriots- 58-31 (2 SB appearances, 1 SB win) 0 playoff wins last 3 years

Last edited:
one reason he doesn't name an oc is money. another reason could be if teams don't know who's calling plays they can't study the play callers tendencies.

Agree. Suppose I a financial planner and I set up someone to be financially stable to age 97 and they amaze everyone by outliving their savings to age 104. IMHO, it doesn’t mean the decision was stupid or unreasonable, just a mistake in hindsight given the guy exceeded all expectations by living to 104.

Even with all the health stuff, no reasonable person would have predicted Brady could still be so effective at his current age, it is completely a one-of-a-kind type of thing.
Plus, contrary to poplular belief here, Brady didn't even make it to the superbowl last year, even with a "super team". So....

Plus, contrary to poplular belief here, Brady didn't even make it to the superbowl last year, even with a "super team". So....
Not to defend Brady here, but he brought them back and would have completed the win except the defense that won him the SB the previous year couldn't get the job done, aided by some strange coaching.

Not to defend Brady here, but he brought them back and would have completed the win except the defense that won him the SB the previous year couldn't get the job done, aided by some strange coaching.
And not to knock Brady, but it kind of goes to show that perhaps it isn't just the quarterback. Getting to and winning the superbowl is really really tough, and it takes an entire team to do it. While QB might be the most important part, if the rest of the team doesn't do their jobs the best QB in the world isn't going to win the game.

That defense also recovered four fumbles to help facilitate that comeback. It's not like Brady just did 25 straight QB keepers and willed them back into it.

Just a note:
BB is also the GM, so I think it makes sense that he makes more money than McVay.

There is almost nothing similar between what led to Pete’s exit and the Patriots and BB right now.

I also think Bill’s retirement isn’t that far off. He is 70. The Patriots should have plenty of good options across the league when the time comes.
There aren't plenty of good options across the league period.

If Mr. Kraft were to fire BB (which seems like a really bad idea), who would you want as the head coach? I have a suspicion that whoever follows BB in that office will have way more pressure on them than any other newly hired NFL head coach ever has. Not to mention teams would be lining up to hire BB and creating even more pressure on BB's replacement if BB takes a new position. Personally, I think the best way to handle the moving on from BB is to let him decide when it is time to move on, or wait until the wheels completely fall off (see Landry's
If your management is underperforming do you entertain a possibility of new management? How long is too long to hang on? He braught the groceries but does it taste good? Check back after week 4.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back