PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Pats Fans Are Horrible, A Total Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your not a troll...so you say:rolleyes: Well, if you're not, you sure are a rookie here and in most cases, rookies are wise to keep their mouths shut! Capiche?:cool:

Are you kidding?! This is a MESSAGEBOARD for cryin'outloud!!!

This is a good board (for the most part) but there are just too many tool-bags like yourself that keep people like me from posting on a regular basis.

I'm so sick of hearing 'troll'. What? Are you made of glass or sugar? Someone makes a comment and all the fans (since 2001 anyway, which I bet a good number of you are) jump all over the guy. Lame.

:mad: This is coming from a pats fan, I am not a troll..

I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts..

After the colts scored their first 3pts, Here were some of the comments

"We are finished, NE is a total joke right now"
"This game is done, I am turning off the TV,"
"We look horrible, this looks like a blowout"

After the 13-7 trailing at halftime I read..
"I knew we werent for real, this team is looking like frauds"
"Well, we are lucky the score isnt 30-7, this team disgusts me"
"16-0 my butt, we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs if we keep playing like this"

9minutes to go in the 4th quarter I read a few like this...

"We are done, put it in the bag, maybe next year guys, what a game"
"We got robbed by the refs, and maybe this team isnt as good as we thought, im giving up on this game, we arent that good"
"this is a horrible game:(, I always knew we were good, but I knew if we played the colts it would show our true colors, oh well, maybe the offseason trades werent the key"

You guys are ******** pathetic, you sound like a bunch of whining bandwagon piece of crap fans, you true Pats fans should be digusted by having such fake fairweather fans on this board..what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game was not over yet!!!! And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving up.

I hear ya!

It's interesting to guess whether you would have posted this if we had lost the game.

Fandom is what it is, and the highs and lows that people post about in the course of the games has always existed. In general, I agree with you that many fans expect huge success immediately...perhaps they don't have the perspective of suffering through the performances of the 70's, 80's, etc. I have noticed that this isn't unique to our team, however, as I have viewed this fickle trend on many of the team fan boards across the NFL.

Your post is really more about you giving yourself an attaboy.

Totally incorrect. This is what happens when a fan base becomes spoiled and that's exactly what you guys are. I bet there would be "we suck" threads here had the Pats lost and that would just be laughable.

WES WELKER

:mad: This is coming from a pats fan, I am not a troll..

I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts..

After the colts scored their first 3pts, Here were some of the comments

"We are finished, NE is a total joke right now"
"This game is done, I am turning off the TV,"
"We look horrible, this looks like a blowout"

After the 13-7 trailing at halftime I read..
"I knew we werent for real, this team is looking like frauds"
"Well, we are lucky the score isnt 30-7, this team disgusts me"
"16-0 my butt, we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs if we keep playing like this"

9minutes to go in the 4th quarter I read a few like this...

"We are done, put it in the bag, maybe next year guys, what a game"
"We got robbed by the refs, and maybe this team isnt as good as we thought, im giving up on this game, we arent that good"
"this is a horrible game:(, I always knew we were good, but I knew if we played the colts it would show our true colors, oh well, maybe the offseason trades werent the key"

You guys are ******** pathetic, you sound like a bunch of whining bandwagon piece of crap fans, you true Pats fans should be digusted by having such fake fairweather fans on this board..what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game was not over yet!!!! And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving up.

Says the guy with 9 posts

I don't bother with game day threads anymore - the guys in there are just like the a-holes that used to (or maybe still do) populate the chatroom.

The first sign of adversity and these guys go overboard and label a great franchise a 'disgrace' or worse.

If you can't think clearly enough to type a reasonable post, then maybe you shouldn't bother.

I would suggest to anyone of a reasonable nature to avoid the ridiculous chicken little's that reside in the 'official gameday whine'.

Last edited:
Totally incorrect. This is what happens when a fan base becomes spoiled and that's exactly what you guys are. I bet there would be "we suck" threads here had the Pats lost and that would just be laughable.
As opposed to the moronic posts from Miami Dolphins fans.

Last edited:
I never post during the game. I don't want to miss something while I'm trying to type.

Also, these game threads are full of people who at any moment will shoot from the hip with their knee jerk reactions. I do read them after the game and laugh at some of the dumb post made during the game.

So to the thread starter, my advise is not to post during the game and don't read the thread after, unless you aren't going to take them seriously and have a sense of humor.

I dont post in the Gameday threads once the game starts as I am glued to my TV ;)

However, this game hurt my nails (nail biter) a bit more then I would like. It was an amazing game.... but even I will admit that I was nervous when that bomb to Moss was in the air.... I couldnt decide if I wanted to cover my eyes or beg for a catch.... lol

I think in the end I closed my eyes and put my hands together. I did open them up just before he caught it though ;) hehe

Who the hell are you, ddotderek, to be railing on the folks who were PARTICIPATING in the thread during the game?

Anyone can come along and say "Hey, you shouldn't have been buying tech stocks in March of 2000!" after the fact.

How easy it is for you to do that.

**** BTW, for the record, with 9:42 to go in the game I posted this: "There's 9:42 left in this game. I can't believe some of the posters here are giving up.
The Patriots will not go down without a fight. And they may not even go down."

I am not going to whine about the folks who gave up today. YOU certainly don't have the cred to do it after the fact when you weren't participating in it at the time. For all we know YOU turned off your TV and went out to a wine tasting party.

Who the hell are you, ddotderek, to be railing on the folks who were PARTICIPATING in the thread during the game?

Anyone can come along and say "Hey, you shouldn't have been buying tech stocks in March of 2000!" after the fact.

**** BTW, for the record, with 9:42 to go in the game I posted this: "There's 9:42 left in this game. I can't believe some of the posters here are giving up.

I am not going to whine about the folks who gave up today. YOU certainly don't have the cred to do it after the fact when you weren't participating in it at the time. For all we know YOU turned off your TV and went out to a wine tasting party.

Well said!

I post in gameday threads sometimes. It's called a laptop computer and a wireless internet connection. I never miss a down.

Did I think we were going to lose? Um, yes. Until the end, everything was going wrong. Sometimes, I need to start trying to "get over" a potential loss early (as in before the game ends) so I can survive the upcoming week. After the AFC title game in January, I couldn't sleep. Now I have a baby and sort of have to try to get it together.

I don't give up on the team...a couple years ago, we were losing huge to Denver and started mounting a comebac, which ultimately fell short. I remember posting in the gamethread with a few other fans here...the only ones left who were cheering a comeback. We went down with the ship that day and many other days, particularly that season.

So spare me the sanctimony. Really.

The gameday thread was a disgrace this week. Belichick, Brady and company have given us an unprecedented amount of joy over the last seven years. And we fans are being gifted with one of the most amazing season performances in NFL history. And when the chips are down for the first time this season - a large number of people became unglued.

And as much it kills me to say this, I believe Aquaidiot is right - the root cause of this phenomena is that we have a very spoiled fanbase. Just look at what happens when a receiver has a rare drop, or an OL that has performed spectacularly gets beat a few times - it's disgraceful. The if the Gameday thread is supposed to be a "stream of consciousness", then the people who spew the irrational hate are the ones the need medication.

I think that the reason that the thread starter is receiving so much of the same hate we saw the same individuals spew on this board on Sunday is that, deep down, they know he's right. No one likes their bad behavior pointed out to them. But attacking him the way you all are just proves his point.

This is a pretty pathetic post from a moderator shmessy, and if you stop to think about it, I'm sure you will agree. Aren't you the same person that decrys when someone uses "cred" to assess an argument ? Perhaps if the gameday thread wasn't the disgraceful pile of garbage that it is now, perhaps more people would participate in a thoughtful way. To tell you the truth, I don't know how anyone can read the thread the way it is now and actually watch much of the game.

To those of you want to have a spoiled rant - do it in private. It will save you and us the embarrassment.

R

Welcome to the world of gameday threads; the same phenomena is seen on message boards of all teams, and in all sports.

It is extremely irritating, but it's just the way it is.

The chatroom was terrible this week. I had to leave because of all the whining.

You really can't take it too seriously. When the Colt get a couple of first downs and start putting together a drive, people start posting "We are DOOOOOOOOOMED!" and the like. Most of the negativity is meant in jest. People do it whether it's the Colts (where there is an actual possibility of a loss) or the Dolphins (where there isn't). It's all in good fun, unless you take it too seriously, in which case get the stick out of your *ss.

The gameday thread was a disgrace this week. Belichick, Brady and company have given us an unprecedented amount of joy over the last seven years. And we fans are being gifted with one of the most amazing season performances in NFL history. And when the chips are down for the first time this season - a large number of people became unglued.

And as much it kills me to say this, I believe Aquaidiot is right - the root cause of this phenomena is that we have a very spoiled fanbase. Just look at what happens when a receiver has a rare drop, or an OL that has performed spectacularly gets beat a few times - it's disgraceful. The if the Gameday thread is supposed to be a "stream of consciousness", then the people who spew the irrational hate are the ones the need medication.

I think that the reason that the thread starter is receiving so much of the same hate we saw the same individuals spew on this board on Sunday is that, deep down, they know he's right. No one likes their bad behavior pointed out to them. But attacking him the way you all are just proves his point.

This is a pretty pathetic post from a moderator shmessy, and if you stop to think about it, I'm sure you will agree. Aren't you the same person that decrys when someone uses "cred" to assess an argument ? Perhaps if the gameday thread wasn't the disgraceful pile of garbage that it is now, perhaps more people would participate in a thoughtful way. To tell you the truth, I don't know how anyone can read the thread the way it is now and actually watch much of the game.

To those of you want to have a spoiled rant - do it in private. It will save you and us the embarrassment.

R

You've GOT to be kidding me. I wrote he had no cred on this because he wasn't participating in that gameday thread. For all any of us know, this "real" fan was at a cotillion at the time.

ANYONE can come along 24 hours after an event and criticize the people who were participating. If you took the time to read my post, you would have seen that I was criticizing those people IN REAL TIME and saying not to give up on the Pats.

The OP/"armchair quaterback" makes his first appearance on this subject 24 hours after the fact to criticize. Where was HE/SHE during the event?

If you can't understand this point, I can't help you.

As I mentioned, there are some people in those threads that are knee jerk and shoot from the hip depending on what is happening at that moment.

Hell, if you recall there were some that wanted to cut Rodney and fire BB when the news was first released about their situation. None of those people are saying that now or even a week after.

That is one reason I don't post during the game. With my mind set during a game, I could go off on them real fast. I usually read them a few hours after and chuckle. If we lose I usually don't read them at all. That is what I suggest others to do who know what those game threads are like.
I never post during the game. I won't visit the board for a few days after we lose because I don't wish to see "the sky is falling" threads that there probably are. Of course a loss is rare when it comes to the Pats. :D So I don't know what goes on after losses and I probably don't want to.

What do the Dolphins have to do with this thread?

What does a pathetic Dolphin Fan who lost a bet where he promised to never post here again but welched (2nd time) have to do with this thread and this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News