PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Pats Fans Are Horrible, A Total Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother with game day threads anymore - the guys in there are just like the a-holes that used to (or maybe still do) populate the chatroom.

The first sign of adversity and these guys go overboard and label a great franchise a 'disgrace' or worse.

If you can't think clearly enough to type a reasonable post, then maybe you shouldn't bother.

I would suggest to anyone of a reasonable nature to avoid the ridiculous chicken little's that reside in the 'official gameday whine'.

I used to post in chat and left for the same reason. WE (and I say that to indicate the same people who wanted to participate in an intelligent discussion in game and provide a place for serious out of towners to follow games they could not view) started posting in a main board game thread as an alternative to the reactionary fringe, usually started by Pats1 except some here also can't stand to see any kind of board etiquette observed. That thread has now been over run by the spew it when and as you feel it I love this team so much...but this team sucks generation. Yet those who call them on this behavior have their right to do so questioned by a moderator...or get told they have sticks up their ass... LOL

This team deserves better. We should not be just like any other fan base, we have 3 Lombardi's, nearly bagged a 4th in 6 and are the top contender to bag yet another this season. I hope players and their families know better than to stop by on game day or the day later to sample the pulse of this fan base via Patsfans. Remember, game threads are archived and what you spew is with us eternally, or until the next site total meltdown.

It's fine to be emotional, to disagree with what they were doing, to be critical within reason without resorting to insulting commentary about players and a team that has already given us more than most of us ever dreamed of. But to quit on them repeatedly or rip them incessantly for every missed play, and then show up the next day like nothing happened...is BS.

You know who you are. One of the worst among you had the audacity to enter this thread just to harass a troll who actually did nothing in this thread to warrant removal (btw Shmessy). His snappy comeback to that critic was....WES WELKER. The troll should have come back at him with a little taste of his game day commentary like "What an disgrace..." the Patriots were on Sunday in his smarmy I don't drink the koolaid laced opinion. People who throw stones on an emotional whim at these players or the team or the fans who do support them should have no reasonable expectation that they won't find them lobbed right back at them during or after the fact.

Those who want to spew and those prone to hystrionics and/or troll baiting should go back to whatever generic football board they came here from and leave this one for intelligent, rational, committed fans. Many of whom now post all too infrequently here because the garbage posts and mindnumbing blather has just gotten too deep to wade through from the same folks who will counter if you don't like it don't read it :blahblah:.

:mad: This is coming from a pats fan, I am not a troll..

I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts..

After the colts scored their first 3pts, Here were some of the comments

"We are finished, NE is a total joke right now"
"This game is done, I am turning off the TV,"
"We look horrible, this looks like a blowout"

After the 13-7 trailing at halftime I read..
"I knew we werent for real, this team is looking like frauds"
"Well, we are lucky the score isnt 30-7, this team disgusts me"
"16-0 my butt, we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs if we keep playing like this"

9minutes to go in the 4th quarter I read a few like this...

"We are done, put it in the bag, maybe next year guys, what a game"
"We got robbed by the refs, and maybe this team isnt as good as we thought, im giving up on this game, we arent that good"
"this is a horrible game:(, I always knew we were good, but I knew if we played the colts it would show our true colors, oh well, maybe the offseason trades werent the key"

You guys are ******** pathetic, you sound like a bunch of whining bandwagon piece of crap fans, you true Pats fans should be digusted by having such fake fairweather fans on this board..what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game was not over yet!!!! And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving up.
Well, it's good to see that you really get into games. This was a totally unneccesary post.

Exactly. And I posted something very similar at 9;42 to go in the game.

What is COWARDLY and HYPOCRITICAL, however, is the OP who did not participate in the gameday thread (who claims "I was with you guys READING the gameday thread") but comes on here 24 hours after the fact to lob criticisms. Like I said before, all we know is that he could have been at a cotiliion during the game.

Hambone, you, I and other folks can criticize the folks who gave up. But it is rank hypocracy and armchair quaterbacking for someone who was not even a participant to come in here and do it. For all we know, ddotderek was celebrating with Colts fans at the time cheering "I knew we could beat the Pats". Coming on 24 hours after the game and saying "i was with the Pats and you weren't" is horse manure.

The only thing "hypocritical" going on here is someone trying to arbitrate who is allowed to say what. While posting several "I told you so" vanities. That is a moderator. Apparently the only crime that the person who started this thread committed is stealing your thunder.

The only "cowardly" thing in this thread is a moderator threatening to ban Aquaidiot for the crime of disagreeing (or perhaps in one way agreeing) with him. Aquaidiot has said and done many worse things than what he's posted here. It is an abuse of the trust that a moderator is given to bully someone in this way - even Aquaidiot.

Cmon shmessy - I've seen you on this board for years - and you're better than that. Mods are supposed to be part of the solution - not part of the problem.

The fact of the matter is that the hysterical hating posts where not confined to the gameday thread, and they indeed spilled over on to the main page, as I'm sure that anyone that wasn't ferverently refreshing the gameday thread at the time could attest. I would quote my own posts complaining about this at the time, but then again I don't think that there is a time limit on commenting on a thread.

For those that posted here that admitted they went overboard - I hear what you are saying about being emotional. But this place shouldn't be an "outlet" for irrationality. My 13-year old stepson reads this site, and my rule is that I don't write anything that I wouldn't want him to read. God forbid the day he discovers that adults often don't behave like adults.

My 2cents.

R

Last edited:
I used to post in chat and left for the same reason. WE (and I say that to indicate the same people who wanted to participate in an intelligent discussion in game and provide a place for serious out of towners to follow games they could not view) started posting in a main board game thread as an alternative to the reactionary fringe, usually started by Pats1 except some here also can't stand to see any kind of board etiquette observed. That thread has now been over run by the spew it when and as you feel it I love this team so much...but this team sucks generation. Yet those who call them on this behavior have their right to do so questioned by a moderator...or get told they have sticks up their ass... LOL

This team deserves better. We should not be just like any other fan base, we have 3 Lombardi's, nearly bagged a 4th in 6 and are the top contender to bag yet another this season. I hope players and their families know better than to stop by on game day or the day later to sample the pulse of this fan base via Patsfans. Remember, game threads are archived and what you spew is with us eternally, or until the next site total meltdown.

It's fine to be emotional, to disagree with what they were doing, to be critical within reason without resorting to insulting commentary about players and a team that has already given us more than most of us ever dreamed of. But to quit on them repeatedly or rip them incessantly for every missed play, and then show up the next day like nothing happened...is BS.

You know who you are. One of the worst among you had the audacity to enter this thread just to harass a troll who actually did nothing in this thread to warrant removal (btw Shmessy). His snappy comeback to that critic was....WES WELKER. The troll should have come back at him with a little taste of his game day commentary like "What an disgrace..." the Patriots were on Sunday in his smarmy I don't drink the koolaid laced opinion. People who throw stones on an emotional whim at these players or the team or the fans who do support them should have no reasonable expectation that they won't find them lobbed right back at them during or after the fact.

Those who want to spew and those prone to hystrionics and/or troll baiting should go back to whatever generic football board they came here from and leave this one for intelligent, rational, committed fans. Many of whom now post all too infrequently here because the garbage posts and mindnumbing blather has just gotten too deep to wade through from the same folks who will counter if you don't like it don't read it :blahblah:.

Mo, I fully agree with you. And as someone who was in the ring at the time, I was criticizing the folks who had given up. My point is that someone who was NOWHERE to be found during the game, comes in 24 hours afterward to lob the bombs at people who were putting it out there in real time. How convenient for the brave and loyal OP!

The folks who gave up during the game deserve to be criticized - - just not by folks who (for all we know) simply turned off the TV completely and did other things. That is called hypocracy.

Exactly. I disagreed vehemently with those people during the game, but at least they were not phonies like someone who comes on 24 hours after the fact to post this kind of a thread.

So is OP a big fat PHONY? If you get the tv show reference, you win a gold star!

I had my doubts when the Colts went up 10, that's for sure. And I was mad because I knew that this team was better than that, but I watched to the bitter end. And I was rewarded by seeing Captain Comeback, that's Brady you know, stage one of the biggest 4th quarter comebacks ever in the history of the NFL! That made the win THAT much sweeter imo.

This Patriots team overcame adversity from both the refs and the Colts, and they never gave up. Some fans might have given up but they kept their eyes glued to the set and they witnessed a 4th quarter miracle that was built on BIG PLAY offense. Something the Patriots have never really had until 2007.

Perhaps some Pats fans thought that this was their father's Pats... well they're not. This new breed of 2007 Patriots have the weapons and the sharpshooter to score quickly and to gain yardage in HUGE chunks. No lead is safe versus this team, and we saw the fruits of the offseason pay off!

Well I guess the point remains that you have no reason to criticize the entire fanbase when it is clear from one of the mod's comments that you weren't even commenting on the game thread that you are making criticisms against. It looks to me like you are characterizing the majority of Pats fans as bandwagon fans and that qualifies as trollish behavior in my book.

Any post that starts like this................. is assuredly a troll post. I stopped reading at that sentence. I don't know, or care what you have to say.

With all these responses, there must be a pretty good debate going about it though, so someome do me a favor and just let me know who wins, and I'll just skip the BS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Are you kidding?! This is a MESSAGEBOARD for cryin'outloud!!!

This is a good board (for the most part) but there are just too many tool-bags like yourself that keep people like me from posting on a regular basis.

I'm so sick of hearing 'troll'. What? Are you made of glass or sugar? Someone makes a comment and all the fans (since 2001 anyway, which I bet a good number of you are) jump all over the guy. Lame.

Look kid, this is the way all message boards are. Like I said, I'm NEVER on the board during a game...I think that's just plain STUPID.

But I've read game threads on several other boards and they are reactionary just like this one. Why don't you go onto the Colts board and see how they reacted during the game...just like us.

This is why I called you out on being a rookie...you don't know your s.h.i.t. at all. Before you open your big mouth, see what the norm is for game threads. You'll find we're no different.

And if you expect Pats fans to be different, you're really lost.

Says the guy with 9 posts

Probably another Colt fan cowardly disguising himself...I'm soooo sick of these wussy's pulling that crap. As if they're fooling anyone!:rolleyes:

Maybe they'll realize if you come on this board disguising yourself, you can't really be a real man.

Post of the Year.

And while we're on the subject, how about the mods doing something about the endless vanity threads that appear everyday ? They push good content and discussion off the page in less than an hour.

R

Last edited:
The only thing "hypocritical" going on here is someone trying to arbitrate who is allowed to say what. While posting several "I told you so" vanities. That is a moderator. Apparently the only crime that the person who started this thread committed is stealing your thunder.

The only "cowardly" thing in this thread is a moderator threatening to ban Aquaidiot for the crime of disagreeing (or perhaps in one way agreeing) with him. Aquaidiot has said and done many worse things than what he's posted here. It is an abuse of the trust that a moderator is given to bully someone in this way - even Aquaidiot.

Cmon shmessy - I've seen you on this board for years - and you're better than that. Mods are supposed to be part of the solution - not part of the problem.

The fact of the matter is that the hysterical hating posts where not confined to the gameday thread, and they indeed spilled over on to the main page, as I'm sure that anyone that wasn't ferverently refreshing the gameday thread at the time could attest. I would quote my own posts complaining about this at the time, but then again I don't think that there is a time limit on commenting on a thread.

For those that posted here that admitted they went overboard - I hear what you are saying about being emotional. But this place shouldn't be an "outlet" for irrationality. My 13-year old stepson reads this site, and my rule is that I don't write anything that I wouldn't want him to read.

My 2cents.

R

Ridiculous

1) Where did I say I was BANNING Aqua4ever from the board? I have received many PM's from posters who complained that Aqua4ever, as a poster from another fanbase, had no right to offer his opinions in this particular thread. After respectfully considering their points, I agreed with them and deleted his instigating posts in a thread where he was obviously just trying to stir up trouble. Many posters have, in the past, demanded he be actually banned. In all fairness, I have defended his right to post here as long as he doesn't break any rules that Ian puts forth. Aqua4ever has PM'ed me on several occasions to thank me for being fair about it.

2) I'm a Mod, but primarily I'm a poster like anyone else. I can contribute and have my opinions as much as anyone. Ian promised me when I accepted his invitation to be one of the mods that I would not have to pull back on posting like anyone else.

3) That's rich, I am "bullying" Aqua4ever, the person YOU call "Aquaidiot". This is someone who has thanked me via PM in the past for being fair and not joining the lynch mob that sometimes goes after him. When a fan of another team joins in a thread that criticizes the Pats fanbase, then yes, that is out of bounds and is simply someone throwing gas on a fire.

4) I gave my opinion on the OP. I can give my opinion on the OP anytime I want. So can he. Notice, he was not deleted or banned or anything. Why are YOU advocating for me to pipe down......I've got news for you, NJ - - ain't gonna happen, so you'll just have to argue with me or not - - your choice.

Let me put it this way ddotderek, Patriots fans are far better than the fans of whatever team YOU root for!:D We are superior in every way!

Im sending a tape of Pats fans dogging the team during the game to NFL Headquarters. This is CHEATING!!!

Boo-gate....the Patriots should forfeit all their remaining draft picks to insure the INTEGRITY OF THE GAME!!!!

The only "cowardly" thing in this thread is ... blah, blah, blah...

No njpatsfan, the only thing that is truly COWARDLY is coming onto OUR board and disguising yourself as a Pats fan when you're not and then criticizing the Patriots and/or our fans. I've seen it countless times over the past couple of weeks and I can not IMAGINE why a person would such a low-life, cowardly act...can you?:eek:

Last edited:

I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts..

"16-0 my butt, we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs if we keep playing like this"

"We got robbed by the refs, and maybe this team isnt as good as we thought, im giving up on this game, we arent that good"
"this is a horrible game:(, I always knew we were good, but I knew if we played the colts it would show our true colors, oh well, maybe the offseason trades werent the key"

You guys are ******** pathetic, you sound like a bunch of whining bandwagon piece of crap fans, you true Pats fans should be digusted by having such fake fairweather fans on this board..what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game was not over yet!!!! And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving up.

Post of the year.

WOW, your pathetic !! You've never watch a game with real fans huh ?? Oh that's right, Rosy's off the air so now it's football.

Actually the more negative someone is, the more passionate they are !

No njpatsfan, the only thing that is truly COWARDLY is coming onto OUR board and disguising yourself as a Pats fan when you're not and then criticizing the Patriots and/or our fans. I've seen it countless times over the past couple of weeks and I can not IMAGINE why a person would such a low-life, cowardly act...can you?:eek:

Looking at the posting history it seems as if he is not a troll.

Once again, number of posts and date of joining should have no bearing on whether someone is a troll or not.

My only point of contention was that this was someone who sat back and didn't participate in that gameday thread.

For him to now beat his chest after the fact and criticize those people who were watching the game and participating online in the thread, in my opinon, is Chicken Hawking.

Looking at the posting history it seems as if he is not a troll.

Once again, number of posts and date of joining should have no bearing on whether someone is a troll or not.

My only point of contention was that this was someone who sat back and didn't participate in that gameday thread.

For him to now beat his chest after the fact and criticize those people who were watching the game and participating online in the thread, in my opinon, is Chicken Hawking.

I know #of posts does't always mean a person is a troll. But when a member has few posts and they start off critical of the Pats, they often are trolls. I like to try to bate them to see if they'll get pissed off and admit it.

I also like to make it clear to any secret disguised troll who may read my posts, that they're cowards.

Havin said that, if this guy really is a Pats fan, he doesn't know squat about game-day threads. They are the same way on all NFL boards.

I have an uncle who is like this. If I say something to him about how good the Patriots are playing he'll say "They start out good, but they'll choke it away at the end of the season, like they always do". He basically uses that for both the Red Sox, and the Patriots, lol!
After the 1978 season, I figured the Red Sox would move to the Phillipines and call themselves the Manila Folders.

But it is a bit unfair to take heated responses during a game in which everyone agrees that the Pats were playing awful, and use them days later as proof of anything.

Anyone that can blow sunshine up someone's butt while watching Addai's run has had a lobotomy.

1) Where did I say I was BANNING Aqua4ever from the board?

I meant BAN from the thread. We all know you mods cant actually ban anyone. And threatening to ban him from the thread is still wrong. Just admit it. Even Mo called you out on this one.

2) I'm a Mod, but primarily I'm a poster like anyone else. I can contribute and have my opinions as much as anyone. Ian promised me when I accepted his invitation to be one of the mods that I would not have to pull back on posting like anyone else.

If you can't see the difference between disagreeing with someones argument and, as a mod telling someone they have no right to post their opinion based on silly and arbitrary reasons known only to you, then you need to go back to mod school. Certainly no one here agrees with you.

Like I said, you're better than that .... part of the solution .... part of the problem.

R

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back