PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Pats Fans Are Horrible, A Total Joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does a pathetic Dolphin Fan who lost a bet where he promised to never post here again but welched (2nd time) have to do with this thread and this forum?

You know, you're right. I'm deleting his posts from this thread.

Well, in my own defense- I made 1 post during the game. It said, basically, there's still plenty of football left. But I am defending the people that rode the emotional rollercoaster. It happens, and all fanbases do have people like that. Especially in rivalry games and especially considering the way we went out last year.

Those same fans that are doom and gloom are also some of the people that are most energetic and fun during the wins. So they still bring something.

I just think it's wrong to bag on your fellow fans. There's plenty of other fanbases to take frustrations out on.

"I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts.."

Thanks for the kind words. And thanks for supporting the team. Now STFU.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to read what people say during the gameday thread as being indicative of their attitude towards the team. During the game, I go through a huge range of emotions and say quite extreme things. Only after the game am I able to put things in their proper perspective and analyze what's really happening. In my experiences with this board, it's quite similar. I think the thread I posted in most extensively during a game was the San Diego thread from last January. The emotional rollercoaster that was that game produced some interesting comments. "X player SUCKS!" and "WE'RE #$%( TERRIBLE!" are outlets of frustration to sympathetic peers, and nothing else. No one actually quits on the team then, we're just beaten down from the emotional investment in the team.

This is what I posted at one point:

"Not. Over. Yet. And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving upl."

It really was quite depressing reading all the insane posts throughout the thread. I can understand getting down on a team that was playing as poorly as the Pats were on Sunday, but wholesale giving up and saying things like 'Well it's over, they have absolutely no chance' is just ridiculous to me.

This is what I posted at one point:

"Not. Over. Yet. And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving upl."

It really was quite depressing reading all the insane posts throughout the thread. I can understand getting down on a team that was playing as poorly as the Pats were on Sunday, but wholesale giving up and saying things like 'Well it's over, they have absolutely no chance' is just ridiculous to me.

Exactly. And I posted something very similar at 9;42 to go in the game.

What is COWARDLY and HYPOCRITICAL, however, is the OP who did not participate in the gameday thread (who claims "I was with you guys READING the gameday thread") but comes on here 24 hours after the fact to lob criticisms. Like I said before, all we know is that he could have been at a cotiliion during the game.

Hambone, you, I and other folks can criticize the folks who gave up. But it is rank hypocracy and armchair quaterbacking for someone who was not even a participant to come in here and do it. For all we know, ddotderek was celebrating with Colts fans at the time cheering "I knew we could beat the Pats". Coming on 24 hours after the game and saying "i was with the Pats and you weren't" is horse manure.

You really can't take it too seriously. When the Colt get a couple of first downs and start putting together a drive, people start posting "We are DOOOOOOOOOMED!" and the like. Most of the negativity is meant in jest. People do it whether it's the Colts (where there is an actual possibility of a loss) or the Dolphins (where there isn't). It's all in good fun, unless you take it too seriously, in which case get the stick out of your *ss.
I'm in the chat every week. This was nothing like the typical fooling around that happens. There were people out-and-out saying we had no chance to win the Super Bowl. It was embarrassing.

You should be used to we suck threads at finheaven - Its been what like 12 games in a row now going back to last year?

You wish Miami fans were spoiled or had something to be spoiled about.

The only positive posts in the past few years at finheaven was about the high draft picks and who Miami will eventually choose to waste it with :rolleyes:

While I think the OP and Aqua are going a bit overboard, I do agree with them to an extent.

SOME Pats fans have become spoiled, and I've said in the past that some of the comments on here are completely mind boggling to me, especially in the game threads.

I've been on here while NE is destroying their opponent by three scores +, and someone will be *****ing because of one slightly bad offensive drive. If the Patriots offense has to punt you'll see "Damn, I guess our offense didn't show up today". It's almost like it's become expected for NE to blow teams out, and for them to have a perfect game. If for some reason the game is somewhat close (even for a drive or two) more than a few people will start complaining. It's like some of us have forgotten what normal NFL games are like, and how good we have it as Patriots fans.

Again, what the Patriots have done so far this season is not at all normal. It's anything but unusual for NFL teams to have periods of struggle, and to a more extreme extent than NE has so far this season.

I'm just saying let's not be so quick to jump ship, and let's try and remember the tough times (as Pats fans) before we decide to hit "Submit Reply" the next time.

Last edited:
Every team has fans like this, its natural. My own Dad who is 81 is so used to seeing Boston sports teams blow it that he tends to have a negative outlook as well. All game yesterday he was pissed and saying we are done.

I have an uncle who is like this. If I say something to him about how good the Patriots are playing he'll say "They start out good, but they'll choke it away at the end of the season, like they always do". He basically uses that for both the Red Sox, and the Patriots, lol!

But yea, I think years of heartache has scared some NE sports fans.

I made a post to this exact effect in the gameday thread on Sunday - It's true. Not "every fan" on "every team" acts like the sky is falling everytime the team is down.

That's what keeping the faith is all about. That's what true fans do, keep the faith.

Just a kneejerk reaction because we didn't exactly play good football at times. Just the nature of sports, fans and emotions I guess.

the fact is...what people wrote during the game...would be written after if we had lost. so what ! thats how boston fans are...very competitive and they expect alot. that is how cowboys, redskin fans write too. fans who have great expectations.

i looked at the thread with about 10 min left in game..i couldnt believe what was being written. i never write in game threads..unless to answer a ques. and didnt write in this game thread.

we are not used to losing and over react...let this thread die!

omg, i was only making a comment, yes i have 9 posts, its because im new to the board you dimwit! and your still whining with your panties in a bunch..i was making a simple comment from my observation, well i guess you guys should thank me for keeping this thread rocking! just trying to give you guys some anger management/excitement to help you get through the bye week lol..I just didnt know their was such a different variety of "fans".

GO READ ANY OTHER TEAMS GAME POST.
They ALL say the same thing my friend!

omg, i was only making a comment, yes i have 9 posts, its because im new to the board you dimwit! and your still whining with your panties in a bunch..i was making a simple comment from my observation, well i guess you guys should thank me for keeping this thread rocking! just trying to give you guys some anger management/excitement to help you get through the bye week lol..I just didnt know their was such a different variety of "fans".

Just how old are you?

What a piece of work.

1) "I was only making a simple comment".......

Oh, what a little comment, you made. Creating a thread titled "You Pats Fans Are Horrible, A Total Joke". Ooops, so many people here have so misinterpreted your innocent intentions. What cupidity.

2) The fact remains, you weren't in the thread at the time. You were elsewhere doing more important things. Then you come in here 24 hours after the fact to lob criticisms at the people who were experiencing the game with their fellow posters in real time. Unless you were putting your own thoughts on the line in real time in that thread, you should grab a cream soda and chill out. A few of us who WERE in it during the bad moments were telling folks to hang in there. We don't need any Chicken Hawks to come in AFTER the fact to put down those folks we were imploring.

3) The number of posts, or when you joined have absolutely ZERO importance in the discussion. Whether you were in the gameday thread participating in what you, in safe hindsight, are criticizing DOES.

Uh, no, I suspect you are trolling for a response.

Fact is our game plan sucked, our offense was horribly out of sync, and the defense couldn't tackle the Gator-Ade Boy. If you watched the first half and didn't see that, you are a bigger homer than I am, and that would be quite the feat.

Most of us thought we would make a half-time adjustment, and when the O came out in the third qtr and went three and out, no reasonable person would believe the Pats were going to win this game. (You need to understand what a bandwaggoner is, btw. It isn't what you apparently think it is.)

Anyway, with under 9 minutes to play, we were behind 10 points to an excellent team who was firing on all cylinders while our Offense looked like the Keystone Kops. It is hard to picture a comeback under those conditions.

I thought the game was lost, but I still believed the Colts were beatable by us, even in the RCA DOme. Just about everything went the Colts way, including a freak play, stupid refereeing, and penalties, both legitmate and otherwise. Light got into a tussle and gave a leg whip, the act of a frustrated player (more dangerous to him than the other guy he tripped). No, there was no reason to believe they were going to win this game, but their future was as bright as ever.

You said in the end that they played a bad game. That's what other people were saying. The Pats were playing badly, and the quotes (some of which you modified and still used quotation marks, btw) were talking about this game, not all their future games.

We watched to the end because we are fans. And we took joy in the victory.

Your rant is pretty wild, and designed to cause a reaction. Hope you're pleased. Now go take a dozen Valium and see a pyschiatrist. He could help you a lot with that inner anger simmering inside you. If you're not careful you'll bust an artery.

:mad: This is coming from a pats fan, I am not a troll..

I was with you guys reading the gameday threads and have never seen such bandwagoner fans in my life, I dont have time to re-paste all the posts but some of the stuff I read was a Utter joke, the sad part is some of the people posting had 300+ posts..

After the colts scored their first 3pts, Here were some of the comments

"We are finished, NE is a total joke right now"
"This game is done, I am turning off the TV,"
"We look horrible, this looks like a blowout"

After the 13-7 trailing at halftime I read..
"I knew we werent for real, this team is looking like frauds"
"Well, we are lucky the score isnt 30-7, this team disgusts me"
"16-0 my butt, we'll be lucky to make it to the playoffs if we keep playing like this"

9minutes to go in the 4th quarter I read a few like this...

"We are done, put it in the bag, maybe next year guys, what a game"
"We got robbed by the refs, and maybe this team isnt as good as we thought, im giving up on this game, we arent that good"
"this is a horrible game:(, I always knew we were good, but I knew if we played the colts it would show our true colors, oh well, maybe the offseason trades werent the key"

You guys are ******** pathetic, you sound like a bunch of whining bandwagon piece of crap fans, you true Pats fans should be digusted by having such fake fairweather fans on this board..what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The game was not over yet!!!! And all you jackass fair-weather fans who have already given up, I don't want to see any celebrating from you when the Pats mount the comeback...you just don't give up mid-game on your team, that's complete BS.

They've played a bad game, plain and simple. It's bad timing for the poor performance, but such is life and guess what: even if they were to lose they'll be in the playoffs. Stop this crybaby ****, I'm sick of everyone giving up.

This really is a silly thread, but the fairweather fans that you all are talking about and would not like, are turning off the TV at halftime, not continuing to post on a forum during the game. They may be upset, frustrated or angry, but at least they are still there watching and typing away. That is dedication, and thats the type of fan we want around. People blow off stress in different ways, please understand this.

This really is a silly thread, but the fairweather fans that you all are talking about and would not like, are turning off the TV at halftime, not continuing to post on a forum during the game. They may be upset, frustrated or angry, but at least they are still there watching and typing away. That is dedication, and thats the type of fan we want around. People blow off stress in different ways, please understand this.

Exactly. I disagreed vehemently with those people during the game, but at least they were not phonies like someone who comes on 24 hours after the fact to post this kind of a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back