PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Happy 28-3 Day

Nikolai

Football Atheist
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In a time of great strife among fans regarding who we signed or didn't sign or might draft or might not draft, comes a day where Pats fans and Falcons haters all come together and remember one of the greatest days in the history of our franchise.

I watched the game with all non-Pats fans, and by the time halftime rolled around, you'd have thought they would be dunking on me, especially because of the..."general awareness of science" story floating around. But, that wasn't the case. No, in fact, they actually seemed to feel bad for me. And to be fair, those were low times:

brady on ground.jpg

After switching to hard liquor after halftime, I watched the score go to 28-3:

28-3.jpg

And the first thing I said was "game".

But I stopped.

It was definitely the bourbon speaking up, but the words came out of my mouth "if anyone can do it, it's Tom ****ing Brady". And when he scrambled for a first down on third and long, I knew it was over. Brady wasn't going down like a *****, nor James White, nor Edelperson, nor anyone, especially our defense. The rest was history.

matt-ryan-superbowl-51-fumble-111721-getty-ftr_biqzmryx9v721muu7cinexxuu.jpg

edelcatch.gif

white td.gif

brady trophy.gif

Happy 28-3

This is never not funny.
maxresdefault.jpg

I was a big James White guy from his first season playing moving forward at the time and remembered people like Bedard and others downplaying his contributions consistently. Loved seeing him stuff it in any doubters face.

My favorite Pats win of all time, easily.

I was a big James White guy from his first season playing moving forward at the time and remembered people like Bedard and others downplaying his contributions consistently. Loved seeing him stuff it in any doubters face.

He fought for every yard he got in the NFL. I miss his best friend, fnordcircle.

May you switch to hard booze quicker then down 25 from that day forward.

We have been blessed at the slot receiver and 3rd down back position. Welker, Edelman, White, Faulk, The Law Firm, Lewis...always productive and highly entertaining.

Just an unbelievable game (and a Patriot's holiday on 3/28). I couldn't believe what I was seeing, and i will never see anything like it again. Brady was the terminator once down 28-3, unstoppable. I watched the highlight video over 100 times, and that one scene where the Pats were down 28-20, and Brady walking on the field (profile, slow motion) gives me the chills every time. I was literally in shock after the game (SB 49 too). Thank goodness I had the day off afterwards for both SB 49 & 51, I was up until 3am for bot SBs. Just a glorious time to be a Pat's fan. SB 53 was the perfect bookend to the 6 SBs.

It was definitely the bourbon speaking up, but the words came out of my mouth "if anyone can do it, it's Tom ****ing Brady". And when he scrambled for a first down on third and long, I knew it was over. Brady wasn't going down like a *****, nor James White, nor Edelperson, nor anyone, especially our defense. The rest was history.
A few days before the game, doing a bit of grocery shopping after work, I got asked by the pizza counter guy who I thought would win. I told him, "I'm lousy at predictions but I will say this - if it's close at the end the Pats will win." Though I only made vague reference to it, if at all, in the conversation, my thought was that Tom's killer instinct would make the difference.

I was right. Hoo boy was I right. Leave it to Tom to find a way to prove it in very dramatic fashion. :oops:

PS - long story short, I was on a cloud the whole week. It took a lot of introspection to figure out why, but it was knowing deep inside I'd gotten closure on a personal story related to my fandom. There may have been "better" Patriots Super Bowls, but this is the one I'll always cherish most. If you want to make my hair stand on end, just play the soundbite "He's IN!!!!!!" :cool:

Last edited:
Booked a weekend getaway at a super fancy place, and I didn't even bother to check whether or not it was SB weekend. Promised the better half that it wasn't gonna interfere with my psyche, so I kept it in check. We had done some funny business before halftime to ease the stress, so win or lose, I was feelin' groovy, even though they were down a ton. The comeback was simply the long past popped cherry on top. Sometimes a lot of pain before the release makes it that much sweeter. Great weekend.

Where is picture of Blank dancing before the fat lady sings?? :rofl:

Dancing Artie to Deflated Artie, an all time great sports moment captured in living color

In a time of great strife among fans regarding who we signed or didn't sign or might draft or might not draft, comes a day where Pats fans and Falcons haters all come together and remember one of the greatest days in the history of our franchise.

I watched the game with all non-Pats fans, and by the time halftime rolled around, you'd have thought they would be dunking on me, especially because of the..."general awareness of science" story floating around. But, that wasn't the case. No, in fact, they actually seemed to feel bad for me. And to be fair, those were low times:

View attachment 57288

After switching to hard liquor after halftime, I watched the score go to 28-3:

View attachment 57289

And the first thing I said was "game".

But I stopped.

View attachment 57290

View attachment 57291

View attachment 57292

View attachment 57293

Happy 28-3
60 minutes.

...plus overtime, if necessary

The best part of being a sports fan is to hold your team’s success over co- workers \ friends heads.. completely petty and low brow but certainly nothing I am above.

I had a meeting in Atlanta the next day, the southern boys were texting non stop until about 1/2 through the 4th quarter.. then silence..

The next day they couldn’t even look me in the eye, it was so awesome. Best feeling ever.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back