PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Did We Expect Better Than 50% In The 3 years After Brady?

Lol @ "dishonoring an agreement" from a guy vehemently defending a man who once resigned on a napkin.
I’m not defending anything, there is nothing that needs to be defended.
Belichick is the greatest to ever do the job, so in the situation the team is in I look around and I say he is the best man to right the ship.
You in the other hand want to whine and be a victim so someone must pay.

OBrien promised Saban he would stay 2 years. You in your victim mentality think that’s it’s a negative on Bill Belichick because OBrirn kept his commitment. Why? Because the victim needs a target and the target has to always be to blame. You are very immature and transparent.

This was Bill's biggest weakness and still is. Aside from DL, RB where he had Warren waiting to take over for Hamilton and Wilfork take over for Traylor, Bill has been reactionary at every other position. He had built the best 3-4 DL in the league, yet couldn't build around it. This was just one of the many reasons for the 10 year drought.

Bill was a dead man walking and probably would've been canned sometime during the 2002 season had there been no stability at QB. The defense wasn't even that good in 2001 which posters here overrate. The defense was terrible in 2002. In fact, assistant coaches started putting their houses up for sale after the 0-2 start in 2001 with Bledsoe out.
The defense in 2001 allowed 17 points or less in 9 straight games through the SB. Few, actually it may be no other defenses ever have done that. You cannot overate that defense.

Belichick is the greatest to ever do the job, so in the situation the team is in I look around and I say he is the best man to right the ship.

OBrien promised Saban he would stay 2 years. You in your victim mentality think that’s it’s a negative on Bill Belichick because OBrirn kept his commitment. Why? Because the victim needs a target and the target has to always be to blame. You are very immature and transparent.
Blah Blah Blah Sock Puppet GIF by Your Happy Workplace

Halas > Belichick

Putting aside the details of the operations such as drafting, trading, coaching, etc. The big picture question is, if Belichick is just like any other coach/GM, and would need 10-15 years to build a good team. Then why was he chosen over Brady? The Belichick fan boys always talk about how "it took X team 20 years to build a team", but that was the whole point of keeping Belichick around, so we wouldn't go through that because Belichick is a genius. If 3 years ago, Belichick said it would take him 10 years to build the next contender, then Kraft should've let him go and kept Brady around. Belichick built his entire brand on doing the impossible, so he can't use the excuse of "well, a quick rebuild is impossible" to justify anything.

Go ahead and try.

You go ahead and try. You haven’t made any cogent argument that Bill is the greatest but continue to repeat it as FACT as some lame trump card. I guess you listen to talk radio, Max Kellerman, etc and draw your recency biased opinions from them.

Halas has more regular season wins than Belichick despite 10-14 game seasons (didn’t have playoffs besides championship). Higher winning percentage. 6 rings as a coach and 8 as a GM. He won championships in four different decades with four different QBs. He founded the league.

The NFC Championship Trophy is named after him. Tom hoisted it up with Bruce Arians as his coach while Bill was at home punching the air. Remember?

This was Bill's biggest weakness and still is. Aside from DL, RB where he had Warren waiting to take over for Hamilton and Wilfork take over for Traylor, Bill has been reactionary at every other position. He had built the best 3-4 DL in the league, yet couldn't build around it. This was just one of the many reasons for the 10 year drought.

Bill was a dead man walking and probably would've been canned sometime during the 2002 season had there been no stability at QB. The defense wasn't even that good in 2001 which posters here overrate. The defense was terrible in 2002. In fact, assistant coaches started putting their houses up for sale after the 0-2 start in 2001 with Bledsoe out.
I know it's been said BB would have been fired but I remember back then him and RK talked about a 5 year plan to get to the super bowl so I'm not sure I believe it.

I know it's been said BB would have been fired but I remember back then him and RK talked about a 5 year plan to get to the super bowl so I'm not sure I believe it.

It’s true. This is the plan:

Year 1. Kinda suck
Year 2. Go all-in and be mildly competitive
Year 3. Suck a little more.
Year 4. Really suck.
Year 5. Win Super Bowl

Joe Gibbs never seems to get mentioned but he won three super bowls with three different QBs. None of those QBs are hall of famers either. Hell he even took an aging Mark Brunell to the playoffs twice in the mid 2000's.

Disagree, no salary cap back then, whole different game and BB kept the team on top for 20 years, no one will do that again.

From 1920-1951, George Halas’s Bears had 31 winning seasons (out of 32), 10 championship appearances and 6 championships.

He didn’t coach from 43-45 because of WWII though they won another championship with his players.

Joe Gibbs never seems to get mentioned but he won three super bowls with three different QBs. None of those QBs are hall of famers either. Hell he even took an aging Mark Brunell to the playoffs twice in the mid 2000's.
He's been mentioned plenty, he was a great coach for that time in the NFL. Are we passed BB's time? That's the question, some seem to have already answered.

That might be so, but the team had high expectations when Bill came aboard. The 5 year plan may have changed if they didn't make the playoffs in 2001 and 2002.

Gibbs also led the 07 Redskins to the playoffs after a 5-7 start and the Sean Taylor tragedy. Not every coach can do that.
Criminally underrated and an offensive mind that made him stand out. One of the all time greats.

I thought this was a cool tribute to Taylor not sure if it was Gibbs idea.

You go ahead and try. You haven’t made any cogent argument that Bill is the greatest but continue to repeat it as FACT as some lame trump card. I guess you listen to talk radio, Max Kellerman, etc and draw your recency biased opinions from them.

Halas has more regular season wins than Belichick despite 10-14 game seasons (didn’t have playoffs besides championship). Higher winning percentage. 6 rings as a coach and 8 as a GM. He won championships in four different decades with four different QBs. He founded the league.

The NFC Championship Trophy is named after him. Tom hoisted it up with Bruce Arians as his coach while Bill was at home punching the air. Remember?

Belichick also doesn't have the highest season winning % of the Super Bowl era even when Brady was here. That's Madden's record.

For me I think the most compelling argument against Bill as GOAT coach is his coaching tree. An all time great coach ought to elevate his staff and make them better. Just about all of Bill's staff over the years have faceplanted away from BB most recently Josh McDaniels.

This is Andy Reid's tree:

Compare that to Bill's. I think we all know his coaching tree ain't pretty....

Belichick also doesn't have the highest season winning % of the Super Bowl era even when Brady was here. That's Madden's record.

For me I think the most compelling argument against Bill as GOAT coach is his coaching tree. An all time great coach ought to elevate his staff and make them better. Just about all of Bill's staff over the years have faceplanted away from BB most recently Josh McDaniels.

This is Andy Reid's tree:

Compare that to Bill's. I think we all know his coaching tree ain't pretty....

Oh man that’s a great point. All of these damning, indisputable conclusions showing Halas is superior to Belichick cannot be good for Andy. I feel bad for those cheap, dirty, drywall slabs in his friend’s trailer…I bet he’s putting his fist through them as we type.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back