PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We had the 30th best record in 2023. What should we expect for 2024?

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Obviously, we will be better informed to make this WAG after free agency, the draft, training camp and the pre-season.

However, my guess is that the resulting WAG's won't be much different than now and will vary at least as much from poster to poster.
================
Will we be satisfied with a team that is on the upswing with say the 20th best record? IMO, we should be. Sure, with a bit of luck and health, we might be competitive for the playoffs. However, I think that it might take time (half a year) for the new Offense to show much of anything. The Defense is fine once we fix the obvious hole at safety (not much to ask). I would simply like to see the team being competitive in the last half of the season.

My expectation is that the number of wins and losses will be around the same as this year. I would be happy with six, seven, or eight wins and would take that as a good sign of progress. However, the possibility of ending up with a top three draft pick for two straight years is much greater than the possibility of making the playoffs.

I think it’ll be around the same, maybe a win or two more. It depends on the QB situation. A rookie might have growing pains, whereas a vet starter might ride the running backs and D for 8-9 wins if all goes well.

Really all hinges on the qb situation. As it stands right now, I’d say we end up with a worse record next season. Installation of a new offense, Im sure some changes (albeit small) on the D. A strong RB that cant handle a bell cow workload. They have their work cut out for them more than many people realize I believe when it comes to personnel. They have to re-tool the entire offense. I wish them the best of luck, but not holding out for it.

Actually, NE tied for the 29th best record (3 way tie)

Tie breakers are a different story.

One could also say NE was tied for 2nd worst record

OGC.fddc4894ccd629bb9f1e43b5b24f3886

Impossible to say on the 8th of Feb 2024. I really don't know.

Will they be better than last year? Probably. But we don't know who they're going to sign in FA. We don't know who they're going to draft.

Ask me in April after the draft and then the picture will become somewhat more clear.

7 wins… or more!!!!!

1707441352159.gif

;)

Probably win more than 4 games but I'd be surprised if they were not in the top 10 of the draft again in 2025. BB left the offense a smoking crater and there's too much work to do to repair the damage in one offseason.

Schedule looks easier and the team will have more talent. Game day coaching and game planning likely worse. I think 5-7 wins is possible.

So much depends on the draft and FA but I could see anywhere between 4-9 wins. We can revisit this after the draft.

If nothing else a team that doesn't have a power struggle going on between ownership, the front office and the coaching staff.

It's the Kraft's team again, it's a collaboration... it's on them.

I'll remaining optimistic until I see the roster they assemble... then I can't promise anything.

I think it’ll be around the same, maybe a win or two more. It depends on the QB situation. A rookie might have growing pains, whereas a vet starter might ride the running backs and D for 8-9 wins if all goes well.
There is a wide difference between one or more wins and 8-9 (a game or two away from the playoffs).

I think we’ll still have a very good defense especially with the return of Judon and Gonzalez.

Mind you the 2023 New England Patriots were figuratively just a defense. The offense was one of the saddest excuses for a unit that I’ve ever seen. And even with such a debacle that team could easily have won 2-3 more games.

I expect competence on offense. Better receivers, better line, better coaching. If we draft Daniels and bring in a guy like Brisset to be a bridge?

If all that happens we are in the range of 7 to 9 wins. If we trot out Mac Jones or Zappe as our bridge QB, lose Onwenu and don’t make any progress on the offensive line then 4 wins is back on the table.

OL scares me. What we do with that will be a huge factor. Could get better, could get even worse.

Last edited:
If we spend the most guaranteed money in FAcy like in '21, 9 wins. Spend, spend, spend.

There is a wide difference between one or more wins and 8-9 (a game or two away from the playoffs).
There is. Perhaps I should be more precise.

I see a rookie coach and a rookie QB wining 4-5 games next season. I think the absolute ceiling, if a vet was to start and succeed, at around 8 wins if everything breaks in NE’s favour.

Schedule looks a tad easier. With the same quality defense and average offensive and special teams play, they would be in the hunt for the final playoff spot in December, finishing with 7-9 wins. Of course, I’m a bit of an optimist, so there’s that. :)

If we spend the most guaranteed money in FAcy like in '21, 9 wins. Spend, spend, spend.
I wouldn’t mind a fantastic draft, thouugh.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back