PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What if Zappe Beats out Brissett in TC? Now What?

I would love to see what Rourke can do. He dominated in Canada and wowed last preseason. Of course he eventually got cut, but you never know. Kurt Warner took years to get to the NFL and then was a two time MVP. Jeff Garcia and Jake Delhomme did as well and were pretty good. He’s probably a backup at best, but I’d like to see him get a chance.
And, Kurt Warner is in the HoF. My best guest: O'Rourke becomes a solid backup, which is a great asset.

I agree to disagree with you on this one.

On this one, I am forced to withdraw my assertion. I was interpolating between McCourty's comments about the locker room, the accounts about how toxic the QB room had become, and comments announcers made during the games as the QB drama was played out. You are right: I can't establish it at this time. We'll only know if players agree to talk about the situation at some point in the future, and I doubt anyone will care enough to follow up on it, unless Mac's career takes off after his departure.
Agreed. Lots of talk about a toxic QB room but do we know for sure the toxicity was all from Jones? Maybe one of them was being an a-hole and rubbed the other guy the wrong way who knows. My guess is both had equal responsibility for how that played out.

Cousins,
What if Wolfs' master plan of having Brissett as the starting QB for the Pats in 2024 was upset with the reemergence of Bailey Zappe beating him out in TC? ....Oops.

Would they automatically crown Brissett #1 anyway............ because he is a nice guy and the great "mentor" of course?

Was Zappe put into an not-ideal situation with the Mac Jones fiasco in 2023?

We all know now that Zappe is a pain in the ass and hyper competitive... like another young QB......

He's had some big games and some clunkers like another young QB..........Not a big sample but his completion percentage is actually better than Brissett.

I can hear the pundits screaming now and George from Medford or Lonnie from Revere or Waldo from Wareham goes spastic on talk radio.

How many Pats Fans will offer to bring Wolf to the airport?

Wouldn't "Hard Knocks" be perfect for the Pats this year?

DW Toys
LOL. Did you watch Zappe play last season?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back