PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Top 5 players to watch in TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
With regard to Armstead, we might make a list of all current and past patriots starters who spent their rookie year on IR.

With regard to Armstead, we might make a list of all current and past patriots starters who spent their rookie year on IR.
That's not a very good list.

#5 Beauharnais/Cameron Gordon - This is subject to change if they bring in a vet. But even if they use primarily two linebackers, one of these two guys very well could see quite a bit of snaps. I'm hoping that one of them really establishes himself really early in camp to make me feel slightly better about depth situation. At the moment, it looks like the team's biggest weakness to me.

#4 Roy Finch - I know he is an extreme long shot to make the roster, but man he is fun to watch. I probably should put someone like Will Smith, or Michael Buchanan, but I can't wait to see him execute some ridiculous run in a preseason game, and then have everyone who calls in to sports radio try to figure out a way to fit him on the roster. Should make for great commutes home in August.

#3 Dobson - His development is vital to the offense this season. He had a pretty decent rookie season, at least when you compare them to other Patriot rookie pass catchers (third best numbers for a rookie pass catcher since Belichick arrived). He needs to become more reliable though, and I'm hoping an offseason

#2 Easley - He's the first round draft pick. And more importantly he adds something to the table that we haven't seen the Patriots display with a penetrating interior pass rusher. I would think that either one of these two reasons would be enough for me to put him at number one ... but ...

#1 Garappolo - Let's face it: if he's really the successor of Brady then there is no one who will be more important or interesting to watch. It's by far the most important position on the team, and everything he does for the next few seasons will be under a microscope.

*If and hopefully when they sign a veteran linebacker, Armond Armstead would replace Beauharnais/Cameron Gordon. I'm not holding my breath for him to come as he was advertised over on the ESPN board (may it rest in peace) last offseason. But to add two interior pass rushers when really haven't seen the pats defense have one would be fantastic.

Last edited:
If we can't make premature hysterical definitive statements what fun is camp?
Agreed and I'm going to watch as much of Jeremy Gallon as I can for as long as he manages to hang around.

5- Michael Buchanan - Definitely want to see how he has improved from year 1 to year 2 as we can really use the depth at defensive end, rushing the passer.
4- Easley - As our number 1 pick, I am curious to see how explosive he is after the two surgeries and we can sure use some interior pass rush.
3- Armstead- Everyone has heard the potential he has for over a year now. I want to see how good he really is.
2- Dobson/ Boyce/Thompkins - I want to see how much improvement we will see from our year two receivers. This will really help our offense is these guys make the next step!!!
1- Harmon - We really need him to step up and play well and win the safety position opposite McCourty. I really don't want to see Chung back there again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back