PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

TC observations 8/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the compliment, appreciate it.

I suspect that at this point, Garo is a man trying to take a drink from a fire hydrant going full blast, in terms of processing information and remembering the nuts and bolts of what makes an above average NFL quarterback. All the little things adding up that just causes information overload.

That being said, he's inevitably going to lead Gronk or Edelman, or both, at one point or another. Most posters would be satisfied with a winning or tied record after four games. I frankly would be more than happy with an injury free Edelman and Gronk after 4 games.

Traveling rest of this week, but will try to squeeze in one or two more sessions when I get back.

When you say "lead Gronk or Edelman", are you suggesting he may get them injured a la Peyton to Collie?

When you say "lead Gronk or Edelman", are you suggesting he may get them injured a la Peyton to Collie?

Lead them right into big hits. Brady does a marvelous job of throwing the ball low and to where only his receiver can get it and away from big hits.

It may be way too early to start getting down on JAG for a bad showing at a practice scrimmage. BB is calling the plays, so it may be as simple as calling plays JAG has trouble with so he can practice them. They may never become part of the game plan. He will probably not be throwing down field all that much if they can establish a good run game.
As far as giving up on my hopes of 4-0, well I cannot see hoping for less as a valid option. It is still training camp, all possibilities exist. I will hold out for 4-0 until 3-1 is my only option left.

It may be way too early to start getting down on JAG for a bad showing at a practice scrimmage. BB is calling the plays, so it may be as simple as calling plays JAG has trouble with so he can practice them. They may never become part of the game plan. He will probably not be throwing down field all that much if they can establish a good run game.
As far as giving up on my hopes of 4-0, well I cannot see hoping for less as a valid option. It is still training camp, all possibilities exist. I will hold out for 4-0 until 3-1 is my only option left.

His problems have nothing to do with what plays are being called but with his read progressions and I suspect trust in allowing the route to unfold. Brady has no qualms throwing the ball before receivers are out of their breaks, or even when they are still in the stem, because his sense of timing is otherworldly, and this might be what Garo is struggling with. He is also thinking too much. Game doesn't slow down until you stop thinking and just react. Maybe that's why he does better in a real game- because he has no time to think.

Brady is also getting older and quarterbacks, as they age, typically have to adjust their mechanics accordingly. Gost has been the best kicker in the league for some time now and is still relatively young. I think it's more likely that he's currently working through an injury than it is that he's adjusting his mechanics. If he IS adjusting his mechanics, then the results apparently have not be very good. Perhaps he should go back to what he was doing before.
It was many years ago that Brady reworked his mechanics for the first time. He tweaked them again a few years ago. I'm not saying that it is likely that Ghost is reworking his mechanics. I simply posed it as a possibility, in an attempt to explain his uncharacteristic, poor performance lately.

It was many years ago that Brady reworked his mechanics for the first time. He tweaked them again a few years ago. I'm not saying that it is likely that Ghost is reworking his mechanics. I simply posed it as a possibility, in an attempt to explain his uncharacteristic, poor performance lately.

I'm kinda wondering too. Sometimes bad misses like his can really cause a snowball effect on the psyche.

Same thing with golf. You miss an easy approach and if you aren't confident in your mechanics it turns into chilidip central.

I wonder if they have considered bringing in a John Carney or a kicking coach to work for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back