PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

An interesting list of what can we get from QB desperate Teams for our pick #3

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Good Day Cousins,
Excellent Saturday breakfast of thick maple cooked bacon, two eggs over easy topped with graded Mexican cheese, a fluffy pancake with butter and real maple syrup, Cranberry pomegranate juice and coffee with peppermint chocolate creamer.

To ponder trading out of pick #3. It seems like our forum is split. If we had the pieces I would say take a QB at three, but alas, we have too many holes to sacrifice some young kid or a bridge QB. Who blocks? Who catches. I have watched the tape. There are no Strouds or Andrew Lucks in the holy 3..

So for your entertainment or wrath, I am listing the Teams that could or want to move up. Take your pick to decide how this can help win more games in 2024.

Remember, if we give up #3 and slide down we can pick up a decent OT or WR and pick a QB later on. Stats say only 49% of Round 1 QB ever get a second contract. Most are busts or at best mediocre. Are you happy to Draft a QB at #3 with less than a 50% chance to make it? There are some decent QB that might be available at pick #34 like Nix, Pennix or Rattler or I am in the religion of trading for Fields and giving him a show-me year. He has got NFL Tape. I think he can still be good.

Here are my thoughts:

NYG at pick #6. Pick #6+They have pick #39 and pick #47. We exploit them of a few hundred Draft value points but they might just stay the course with Jones.

Tenn. at Pick #7. Pick #7+How about DL Jeffrey Simmons? I don't think we can get another pick.

Atlanta at pick #8. Pick #8+Perhaps TE Kyle Pitts and their #1 pick in 2025.

Minn at pick #11. Pick #11+(My favorite trade). WR Jefferson and their 2025 first rounder.

Denver at pick #12. Pick #12+CB Patrick Surtain Jr. plus pick #181 and their first rounder in 2025.

Vegas at pick #13. Pick #13 +LT Kolton Miller, pick #44, pick #77 and their first in 2025.

Sleeper pick=Steelers. It was suggested in a press release this week that to get a QB in the top three perhaps T.J. Watt should be sacrificed. Would you trade #3 for Watt, their pick #20, their pick #51 and their first rounder in 2025?

For fun.
DW Toys

Most of these are already in the DF. You kind of just changed a few names. Let's bring some real info and analysis if we're starting threads.

I’m down with the Denver trade, best CB duo with Surtain and Gonzalez.

Good Day Cousins,
Excellent Saturday breakfast of thick maple cooked bacon, two eggs over easy topped with graded Mexican cheese, a fluffy pancake with butter and real maple syrup, Cranberry pomegranate juice and coffee with peppermint chocolate creamer.

To ponder trading out of pick #3. It seems like our forum is split. If we had the pieces I would say take a QB at three, but alas, we have too many holes to sacrifice some young kid or a bridge QB. Who blocks? Who catches. I have watched the tape. There are no Strouds or Andrew Lucks in the holy 3..

So for your entertainment or wrath, I am listing the Teams that could or want to move up. Take your pick to decide how this can help win more games in 2024.

Remember, if we give up #3 and slide down we can pick up a decent OT or WR and pick a QB later on. Stats say only 49% of Round 1 QB ever get a second contract. Most are busts or at best mediocre. Are you happy to Draft a QB at #3 with less than a 50% chance to make it? There are some decent QB that might be available at pick #34 like Nix, Pennix or Rattler or I am in the religion of trading for Fields and giving him a show-me year. He has got NFL Tape. I think he can still be good.

Here are my thoughts:

NYG at pick #6. Pick #6+They have pick #39 and pick #47. We exploit them of a few hundred Draft value points but they might just stay the course with Jones.

Tenn. at Pick #7. Pick #7+How about DL Jeffrey Simmons? I don't think we can get another pick.

Atlanta at pick #8. Pick #8+Perhaps TE Kyle Pitts and their #1 pick in 2025.

Minn at pick #11. Pick #11+(My favorite trade). WR Jefferson and their 2025 first rounder.

Denver at pick #12. Pick #12+CB Patrick Surtain Jr. plus pick #181 and their first rounder in 2025.

Vegas at pick #13. Pick #13 +LT Kolton Miller, pick #44, pick #77 and their first in 2025.

Sleeper pick=Steelers. It was suggested in a press release this week that to get a QB in the top three perhaps T.J. Watt should be sacrificed. Would you trade #3 for Watt, their pick #20, their pick #51 and their first rounder in 2025?

For fun.
DW Toys

I wouldn’t trade out of #3, period. It doesn’t matter how many pieces you have if you don’t have a franchise QB, and you won’t get one of those anytime you feel like it later in the draft:

I wouldn’t trade out of #3, period. It doesn’t matter how many pieces you have if you don’t have a franchise QB, and you won’t get one of those anytime you feel like it later in the draft:
Personally I think there's a good argument for staying at 3 and a good one for trading down, though both are dependent on what happens at 1 and 2. The only thing that's hard to justify is trading up (unless they think someone is literally a guaranteed first ballot HOFer).

Drake Maye will provide stability at qb position for a decade. If he is there, stay put at 3.
Nix and Rattler are Jags
This team desperately needs a star playmaker and leader.
Who knows when we will have another chance to draft a top tier qb.

Last edited:
Try and get the Charges(5) and the Cards (4) to outbib one another for our pick. Both these teams are drafting wide receivers and they both love MHJ. If the Cards bite we take what we can get while maintaining control of the draft and pick the QB or trade out again. You can burn the chart pick stuff this is a top #3 pick and the last highly rated QB.

Personally I think there's a good argument for staying at 3 and a good one for trading down, though both are dependent on what happens at 1 and 2. The only thing that's hard to justify is trading up (unless they think someone is literally a guaranteed first ballot HOFer).

If there was another way to get a franchise QB then I could see trading down, but I see no way to get that QB without taking them at 3, and with no QB they will continue to suck for years to come.

I don’t understand this, we are QB desperate. Badly.
I have to believe they are targeting a QB, or the QBs they like they think will be gone.
Supposedly Mayo asked every Oc candidate what QB they liked the most in this draft.
Why would they be asking that if the plan is to punt on a QB,
Now a trade down from 3-8 and still get your QB or if Van Pelt said Justin Fields’s or Mayfield is the target that makes the Most sense.

THE PATS should be THE QB desperate team at #3, let’s not **** it up. Maye or Daniels could change your team’s fortune. Even Harrison Jr. could change your team’s dynamic. Don’t trade down, that’s a losing team’s move. Don’t give up a chance to change your franchise at QB or WR.

THE PATS should be THE QB desperate team at #3, let’s not **** it up. Maye or Daniels could change your team’s fortune. Even Harrison Jr. could change your team’s dynamic. Don’t trade down, that’s a losing team’s move. Don’t give up a chance to change your franchise at QB or WR.
AMEN do not trade down and take the QB. Do not play games or get too cute with this draft.

AMEN do not trade down and take the QB. Do not play games or get too cute with this draft.

It's pretty obvious we are taking a QB, everything they have done so far in hirings point to this.

These threads are just for those that don't want that to happen to have some fun speculating in the meantime.

It's all good.

I don’t understand this, we are QB desperate. Badly.
Nickelodeon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

50% is damn good
Are we talking 50/50 odds that trading down is the better decision? If that is actually the case, Bob Kraft should fire the front office, save the money, and just flip a coin every time somebody calls offering a trade. But that's probably better than watching Belichick's dog at a laptop.

After the '21 QB debacle; Zach Wilson #2, Trey Lance #3, Justin Fields #11 and Jones #15 I am skeptical of any QB that is highly touted.
Would prefer to trade back and pick up some draft capital as there are so many positions to fill. Look at Brisset or other journeyman QB to tide us over until the Pats find a quality new QB who can play in the NFL..

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back