PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salas, Rivera, Hilliard Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll sum this up because, as I said, you know you're posting things that are incorrect or misleading:
Do you honestly think that this new favorite approach of yours is anything but arrogant, off-putting, and anti-social?
Seriously? To respond to someone you disgree with by saying they know what they said is wrong is lame.

The team itself, in the form of McDaniels' interview today, for example, has said it's changed with regards to Welker. That's in addition to what's been clearly changed on the field.
Not true in the least. McDaniels made absolutely no comment at all saying the team changed with regards to Welker.

The team itself, earlier in the year, clearly changed personnel to emphasize the running game, and TE passing game, more. Extra TEs and a FB weren't mirages.
There was a FB on the roster last year.
The numbers for depth purposes are not an indication of change of play calling or game planning.
The packages used this year and last and their frequency are unchanged. Since last year we had a 3rd T who served as the 3rd TE, the actives haven't really changed that much either if looked at objectively.

Welker, according to a report on 98.5 today, wasn't even targeted until late in the second quarter of this last game, and was being sent on decoy routes until then, including a lot of "go" routes which are not generally routes that he runs.
Welker had 11 targets last game.

Now, you can continue tossing out the information that you know doesn't actually address the issues. I'm just not going to respond to you further on this subject, because I'm not going to get into this with you.
Again, good choice by you, hopefully you will honor it this time, because you are inventing issues and then saying the facts don't apply to them. I wonder why?

Further proof that you didn't bother to read my post if you're positioning that as its main theme.

So wait, you responded with something different than I was talking about, and when i returned to what I was talking about, i changed the subject?
Not sure how I 'positioned' something as your main theme.
I cited something you said.

So wait, you responded with something different than I was talking about, and when i returned to what I was talking about, i changed the subject?
Not sure how I 'positioned' something as your main theme.
I cited something you said.
Go back and re-read the comment Andy. If you come away from it a second time with the same position, then you're a very simple person.

Here's a hint to get your ball rolling, there's more than one player and position cited.

Last edited:
Do you honestly think that this new favorite approach of yours is anything but arrogant, off-putting, and anti-social?
Seriously? To respond to someone you disgree with by saying they know what they said is wrong is lame.

Not true in the least. McDaniels made absolutely no comment at all saying the team changed with regards to Welker.

There was a FB on the roster last year.
The numbers for depth purposes are not an indication of change of play calling or game planning.
The packages used this year and last and their frequency are unchanged. Since last year we had a 3rd T who served as the 3rd TE, the actives haven't really changed that much either if looked at objectively.

Welker had 11 targets last game.

Again, good choice by you, hopefully you will honor it this time, because you are inventing issues and then saying the facts don't apply to them. I wonder why?

Again, Ausbacker's your guy in this thread. Have fun

Can anyone explain to me why we signed the Rams castoffs if the first place? They were one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and we pick up 2-3 of their bottom 53 guys who could not even make their roster and put them on ours???

BB makes no sense with how he manages the bottom of the Patriots roster. I know the priority is to get better but its truly perplexing sometimes.

Again, Ausbacker's your guy in this thread. Have fun
I've run my course with Andy given he couldn't interpret one very simple response Deus. I think I'll leave him to the bridge.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain to me why we signed the Rams castoffs if the first place? They were one of the worst teams in the NFL last year and we pick up 2-3 of their bottom 53 guys who could not even make their roster and put them on ours???

BB makes no sense with how he manages the bottom of the Patriots roster. I know the priority is to get better but its truly perplexing sometimes.

God,I'm heartbroken about that 2015 7th Rd Pick,that we gave away to the rams.To give Kurt Warner,Marshall Faulk and that offense an extra pick is........Oh.......Wait a minute:lol2:

Last edited:

In the case of #47, I'm going with a basic familiarity with the offense.

In the case of Lloyd, I'm going with good player who got along with McDaniels.

In the case of Salas, I'm going with cheap look at a guy who flashed briefly last season before getting injured.

Go back and re-read the comment Andy. If you come away from it a second time with the same position, then you're a very simple person.

Here's a hint to get your ball rolling, there's more than one player and position cited.

And I never even implied there wasn't.
Of course you continue to ignore your post, starting this exchange, ignored the point of mine.

Andy,

Do you still think it was utterly ridiculous for many of us to speculate that Hilliard may well be on the roster bubble for when we were finally ready to call up Branch, Gaffney, or Waters?

You seemed quite sure that such a thought was preposterous.

A five day tryout is a cheap look. We spent half a million plus a draft pick.

In the case of Salas, I'm going with cheap look at a guy who flashed briefly last season before getting injured.

Last edited:
A five day tryout is a cheap look. We spent half a million plus a draft pick.

2015 7th round pick = Cheap look in 2012, IMO

Encouraging news, hopefully Oompa Loompa is next. So out is Halas, Hilliard, and Rivera. In is Branch, Winslow, so that leaves one empty spot or am I missing a transaction?

Still one empty spot, AFAIK. And I agree that Oompa Loompa should be next; what a weak-ass
"effort"(snicker) he gave Sunday.

And while he's at it, Bill should either activate Danielle Fells v Bal'more, or release him.

We spent half a million plus a draft pick.
If a vested player, with four or more years of NFL experience is on the roster for week 1, his salary is guaranteed for the year.

Unfortunately, it's prob true. Niko's locker has also remained unchanged since his welcomed release.

names have stayed on lockers in the past for players who never returned so you never know. But Rivera played all the special teams so I expect Niko or Tarp to fill that role.

according to reiss, salas is PS eligible, so maybe he will still be part of the team.

they just released 3 and signed 2 today. any info (no rumors please) on the 3rd pickup yet?

Still one empty spot, AFAIK. And I agree that Oompa Loompa should be next; what a weak-ass
"effort"(snicker) he gave Sunday.

And while he's at it, Bill should either activate Danielle Fells v Bal'more, or release him.

Word up holmes!
Isn't Fells injured? I thought that's why he wasnt active

2015 7th round pick = Cheap look in 2012, IMO

To think we inducted a 8th round pick into are Hall of Fame on Sunday. We should of all yelled CHEAP LOOK!

And then that Tom Brady guy was a 6th round pick... Another cheap look.

Foolish statement. Are team has thrived through late round picks. We should not be tossing them around for looks at guys who aren't going to hold a spot on are 46 man roster 16 games a year baring injury.

To think we inducted a 8th round pick into are Hall of Fame on Sunday. We should of all yelled CHEAP LOOK!

And then that Tom Brady guy was a 6th round pick... Another cheap look.

Foolish statement. Are team has thrived through late round picks. We should not be tossing them around for looks at guys who aren't going to hold a spot on are 46 man roster 16 games a year baring injury.

It's pretty universally understood, amongst football fans and other football people (coaches, players, etc...), that a seventh round pick is a cheaper pick than a first, second, third, fourth, fifth or sixth round pick, and that pick from a later year is a cheaper pick than a pick from an earlier year. In this case, it's reportedly a conditional 7th round pick, years down the road.

When it comes to trades for players, it doesn't get a whole lot cheaper than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore