PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Salas, Rivera, Hilliard Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Salas move is confusing. How could McDaniels coach him for a year, decide he's worth trading for, and then not get him on the field during his time in NE?
McDaniels should be kept away from all personnel related moves. He drafted Tim Tebow in the first round FFS.

Yeah, he looked like he certainly had potential for a rookie in his limited time there until he was hurt. That, and the fact that Bradford was not 100% himself either last year may point to a better rookie year than it shows.

The rule that Mo brings up could be seen as kind of a bummer from a young player's point of view who was injured in his first season.

Yeah, I agree, seems unfair for guys who get hurt year one, losing out on PS eligibility.

McDaniels should be kept away from all personnel related moves. He drafted Tim Tebow in the first round FFS.
And wasn't he a big reason Belichick drafted Maroney, too?

Of course, McDaniels did draft a few good WRs in Denver. Belichick should let McDaniels pick the WRs and nobody else.

Door #1: Kellen Winslow, Jr

Door #2: Deion Branch

Door #3: Who?

Will the mystery man be revealed tonight or a surprise announcement tomorrow?

:( I wanted to see Salas play.

But now I want Carter. Jones and Carter would be monstrous.

Fergetaboutit!!!.......Lde and Rde are not necessarily interchangeable....Would you move a possible DROY(Jones) to LDE,just to accomodate Carter?......and don't say Carter at LDE,that's not gonna happen:pigsfly:

I think if it's someone who has potential to contribute to this week's game, it would be announced tonight. We will need someone like Branch and Winslow (depending upon Fells' status, etc) to be able to work hard this week in practice and get at it immediately.

If it's someone like Tarpinian coming up from the PS, or even Carter (which I doubt) or the somewhat usual 'no name' move, then I'd expect it tomorrow.

Or it could just be the fact that these first 2 moves came at a time of more focused 'daylight' reporting, meaning the moves happened early enough to get the word out, which would also point to the 3rd coming tomorrow.

Unless it's someone substantial...

Nevermind...

Last edited:

I'm saying with 90% certainty that it's Kout.

Belichick should let McDaniels pick the WRs and nobody else.

Belichick could literally let one of us pick the WR's and we'd have a better track record, let alone McDaniels.

Koutouvides? :confused:

Are you serious?

Just the same as a move like moving Tarpinian up in my opinion, no offense to Sciz or his binky of course.

Just the same as a move like moving Tarpinian up in my opinion, no offense to Sciz or his binky of course.
Maybe the blocked punt requires a shakeup on special teams?

Koutouvides? :confused:

Are you serious?

He and Branch were the two guys who still had their lockers in tact. The Pats cut an LB. Makes plenty of sense.

If they do anything based on that blocked punt, then I'm going to need a new avatar and signature...

Likely on point with this suggestion. Ebner might not have the experience for the blocking assignments.

He is a solid LB. Not a terrible signing played well last year.

Belichick could literally let one of us pick the WR's and we'd have a better track record, let alone McDaniels.
We'd have been better off if Josh McDaniels brought Danny Amendola over with him. There's your Welker replacement (for those on the trade White Wes Welker bandwagon - not me though).

It seems so strange to see the team in a state of flux thanks to an average OL and Hernandez's injury. Who would have thought the defense would be the fundamentally sound unit through 2 weeks?

Last edited:
Fergetaboutit!!!.......Lde and Rde are not necessarily interchangeable....Would you move a possible DROY(Jones) to LDE,just to accomodate Carter?......and don't say Carter at LDE,that's not gonna happen:pigsfly:
Why can't that happen? That can definitely happen.

The Salas move is confusing. How could McDaniels coach him for a year, decide he's worth trading for, and then not get him on the field during his time in NE?

Perhaps because he broke his leg and isn't back to full speed/strength/quickness/agility yet?
The Rams cut him after he was clearly better last year than much of what they kept this year.
Sometimes you find out you didn't get the player you expected.

If they do anything based on that blocked punt, then I'm going to need a new avatar and signature...
Too good a special teams prospect to worry about a roster spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes