Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which direction do you want the Pats to go at QB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, I would add McCarthy to that mix and make it the top four.

If they aren't convinced with whoever is still there at #3, trade back a couple spots take McCarthy and get your left tackle with your very next pick. That will also give them some added ammo to grab a superweapon with their following pick and really improve their offense.
But you know…you can only trade back a few picks (like 3-5) …otherwise some team will jump ahead.

Last edited:
I’m saying do both. There’s no reason to take your shot. There’s also no reason to get the best insurance you can, too.

It’s not one or the other.

I’m fone with double dipping, but I wouldn’t do it in the first 3 rounds. But taking Maye or Daniels at 3, and then adding a guy like Joe Milton in the 5th would be fine with me.

Devin Leary looked good throwin the ball looks like a young Baker Mayfield in his highlight video.

IF we ever sign Jacoby Biscuit in FA we'll be picking in the Top 3 again next year no thanks. I don't want to get use to us talking about the Draft and FA in week 5.
No. They've got to get a veteran QB at a reasonable cost to be in the room with the rookie they select. Mac Jones doesn't have the experience to help a new guy. They'll either take one of the top three or move down and get one of the other guys. I'm kind of interested in Bo Nix if they trade out of the top three, but I really hope they select Drake Maye.

Devin Leary looked good throwing the ball looks like a young Baker Mayfield in his highlight video.
real housewives nene GIF

Devin Leary looked good throwin the ball looks like a young Baker Mayfield in his highlight video.
Is QB Kedon Slovis an enigma he looks ok to me.

IMO the smart move is to sign Baker and trade out of the #3 pick so that you can infuse talent on the roster over the next couple seasons.

They won’t do that though.

IMO the smart move is to sign Baker and trade out of the #3 pick so that you can infuse talent on the roster over the next couple seasons.

They won’t do that though.
They won’t cause they shouldn’t. Baker is average and isn’t a long term solution. And he’ll be expensive.

They won’t cause they shouldn’t. Baker is average and isn’t a long term solution. And he’ll be expensive.

Not if you want a PLAYOFF PARTICIPANT banner.

Yeeeee. Hasaawwww

Great news, and free agency hasn’t even started yet.

Mac is gone. Baker isn’t coming, and there is no way Kirk Cousins will come to Foxboro.

Time to draft a Quartrtback. .

baker + mhj would have be awesome start to the rebuild.

Last year the Patriots were a top five defense and the 32nd ranked offense.

The offense had mostly to do with one player, not having a QB, and an otherwise talented offensive line that couldn’t stay healthy.

There's a difference between having no “talent” and not being able to execute.

Put CJ Stroud on the Patriots and keep the starting five linemen healthy and they’re a playoff team. One missing player isn’t an overall lack of talent… it’s a team without a QB.
You just spent 2 pages arguing on the Chris Jones thread that it wasn't about just 1 player (i.e., QB) but about the "team." Now you say it was about 1 player, the QB. Lol

I guess it’s a sign of the times, but Baker getting that $…. wowza.

It's a moot point obviously...I understand that Baker would be a stop-gap. I also know his teammates absolutely love playing with him. Expense is irrelevant because I also advocated trading out of the #3 pick to fill out the roster with more talent over the next two drafts. Worry about the QB afterwards.

Hell, Brock freakin Purdy reached the Super Bowl this past season.

Not bad at all for either side. Looks like the 3rd year is basically filler too since all the guaranteed money is in the first two years. Either way at 33.33 million/year, that only puts him middle of the road for the league. Add in staying put where he earned that contract vs. going elsewhere, and it seems like a win.

You just spent 2 pages arguing on the Chris Jones thread that it wasn't about just 1 player (i.e., QB) but about the "team." Now you say it was about 1 player, the QB. Lol
One terrible player at a key position. One terrible kicker can cost you wins, a terrible QB can cost you a lot more wins.

You don’t understand the conversation, that’s a “you” problem.

Geez. I would’ve paid more than that, in AAV, guarantees and years.
Yep, an incredible steal, and complete malpractice if the Patriots didn't even make a backchannel phone call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes