PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Zolak Report on "Big News" [Ron Howard voice: There was no news]

Or listen to the 65,000 at Gillette chanting ZAPPE ZAPPE
And that quieted down in a hurry shortly after that. Probably for a good reason.

Zolak is terrible. Between his not talking into the mic half the time and his ice cold takes, he makes me long for the days of Waltham's Fred Smerlas

Like I have said on MANY occasions, Kraft did NOT let Brady walk in 2020. The roster was depleted, the cap situation was untenable, and Brady wanted to play for a team with a chance at winning a championship, NOT a team that would struggle to make the playoffs. The Brookline and Boston homes were either sold or up for sale before the 2020 season.

Think about it, the Pats had a QB who cost $1MM on the cap. What OTHER resources would have had to be let go to fit a $25MM QB? The myth that Bill and Bob conspired to drive Brady out is just that.....a myth. The tension between Brady and Bill was probably real, but was not unexpected after a 20 year relationship. But it WASN'T the reason Brady left. He left because it was in his BEST interest.

I half wish he'd unretire again and lead his hometown 49ers to another superbowl. He is just what they need for one year.
Exactly what I’ve been trying to tell my Brady loving friends who are convinced BB and Kraft teamed up to run poor little Tom out of town.

When Brady accepted a deal that will be void after 2019 and had the no franchise tag added, it was clear he was checked out.

We will never know the exact reason but as you said, there was probably tension. Would happen in any long relationship. Brady was also growing very sensitive toward anyone who questioned his age which obviously doesn’t flow with a GM who doesn’t get sentimental.

It’s very possible Brady felt he deserved the proverbial keys to the franchise while Belichick knew he still had to coach the team when Brady retired and didn’t want to get stuck with a massive dead cap hit.

And I’m sure it didn’t help having the greatest TE in history likely in his ear saying he’d come out of retirement if Tom left NE. That’s just a guess but fairly confident Tom knew Gronk would join him.

In the end it was just a normal sports divorce where both sides were checked out and wanted to move on.

Bottom line..What happened on 2019 didn't work out for the Patriots. What happened in 2020, 2021 and 2022 hasn't worked out. It needs to start working out. Results matter.

Belicheck didn't give one **** about what Brady wanted and letting him finish his career in NE.

I feel the same way about Belicheck, I don't give one **** about his legacy, he either performs or needs to leave.

Like I have said on MANY occasions, Kraft did NOT let Brady walk in 2020.
Technically BB let Brady walk, Kraft could have stopped it, he didn't, so he was complicit.

The roster was depleted
Duh!... that's what happens from an accumulation of poor drafts.

Brady wanted to play for a team with a chance at winning a championship, NOT a team that would struggle to make the playoffs.
That's an interesting point CONSIDERING he chose the team with the worst winning percentage in the history of professional team sports and who hadn't been to the playoffs in 13 years! Clearly chose a championship organization :rolleyes:.

The Brookline and Boston homes were either sold or up for sale before the 2020 season.
AFTER the 2019 contract with the no franchise tag was agreed upon. Then the properties went up for sale.

Think about it, the Pats had a QB who cost $1MM on the cap. What OTHER resources would have had to be let go to fit a $25MM QB?
I don't have to think about it. The last 3 seasons happened. Brady hadn't declined, he had the two best back to back seasons of his entire career (at ages 43 & 44), he won another Super Bowl, while the Patriots punted a season with Cam, drafted a middling quarterback, and then even tried to ruin him with the most unqualified OC imaginable.

Brady has proven a lot over the course of his career, including ANYTHING is possible with him at quarterback.

The myth that Bill and Bob conspired to drive Brady out is just that.....a myth.
No conspiracy. BB's doing. RK let it happen.

He left because it was in his BEST interest.
Brady wanted to stay, it wasn't reciprocated, so he found a team willing to commit to him. Ultimately he finished out his career a winner. As a Buccaneer.

I listened for about 20 minutes
Zo’s counterpart said “allright Zo everyone is writing in and asking about the big news”
Zo said I gave the big news Judge is the asst HC” The guy said come on Zo that is not what you meant”
Zo seamed to be tongue tied. Then the guy said what were you meaning when you said it yesterday.
He said “getting one of the two receivers“. “What two recievers” “DHop or Jeudy”
Guys a fraud

I listened for about 20 minutes
Zo’s counterpart said “allright Zo everyone is writing in and asking about the big news”
Zo said I gave the big news Judge is the asst HC” The guy said come on Zo that is not what you meant”
Zo seamed to be tongue tied. Then the guy said what were you meaning when you said it yesterday.
He said “getting one of the two receivers“. “What two recievers” “DHop or Jeudy”
Guys a fraud

People might have thought I was joking when I said Zo was probably hammered. I was not joking. Zo is a character. I like him as a color guy on the broadcasts, and he does well interviewing BB with the Bellistrator, but beyond that it goes down hill quickly.

Technically BB let Brady walk, Kraft could have stopped it, he didn't, so he was complicit.

That's an interesting point CONSIDERING he chose the team with the worst winning percentage in the history of professional team sports and who hadn't been to the playoffs in 13 years! Clearly chose a championship organization :rolleyes:.

AFTER the 2019 contract with the no franchise tag was agreed upon. Then the properties went up for sale.

I don't have to think about it. The last 3 seasons happened. Brady hadn't declined, he had the two best back to back seasons of his entire career (at ages 43 & 44), he won another Super Bowl, while the Patriots punted a season with Cam, drafted a middling quarterback, and then even tried to ruin him with the most unqualified OC imaginable.

Brady has proven a lot over the course of his career, including ANYTHING is possible with him at quarterback.

Brady wanted to stay, it wasn't reciprocated, so he found a team willing to commit to him. Ultimately he finished out his career a winner. As a Buccaneer.
Stop it with this same tired Brady vs. Bill bullshi*t. 98% of the posters here are tired of it, because that horse was beaten dead a long time ago. I believe that the Brady forum is still active, so you guys can take it there if you can’t suppress the need to regurgitate the same arguments that have been made for the past 3+ years.

Stop it with this same tired Brady vs. Bill bullshi*t. 98% of the posters here are tired of it, because that horse was beaten dead a long time ago. I believe that the Brady forum is still active, so you guys can take it there if you can’t suppress the need to regurgitate the same arguments that have been made for the past 3+ years.
I was replying to a post. I think that's evident. You're tired of it because you don't like what you're reading. If I was kissing BB's ass and buffing every move he made for the past 23 years then you wouldn't have your panties in a bunch.

I was replying to a post. I think that's evident. You're tired of it because you don't like what you're reading. If I was kissing BB's ass and buffing every move he made for the past 23 years then you wouldn't have your panties in a bunch.

No. The board in general is tired of it. Replying to a post is only an excuse. There is a TB forum because the vast majority are tired of it and do not want it in the main forum. The same arguments and discussion points over and over for more than 3 years. Move on or post in the TB forum.

Last edited:
You keep on saying this like its the truth despite OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary, Donald
Oh there were some poor drafts, no question, but that's the nature of the game. Most draft picks fail. Pick 8-10 players a year and 4 years later you have 3 starters or major contributors, you hit a home run that year.

Drafts are the best examples of fans with perfect 20-20 hindsight. You guys can ALWAYS do it better. Granted I complain with the best of you when they pass up my binky or don't draft a position of need I think is important. And yes, I still wince with the Sony over Chubb pick, even though Michel greatly aided in 2 straight superbowl appearances.

Come 5/27, I will moan and cheer like everyone else. But the difference is I KNOW that its a crap shoot and some 6th round no name COULD end up being the best pick in the bunch, I KNOW that how those picks perform in 2023 might not be the end result of the player in 2026. Many many players get better (or worse) AFTER they are drafted. A rare few are immediate hit, most take a few years to develop. Some get worse (Wynn).

That's the difference between you and I. I have SOME perspective. You have none. You want immediate gratification and everything is black or white
He chose a team with the best top 3 WR combination in the league. He chose a team with 3 TE's all of whom could be #1's on another team. (Gronk, Brate, and #1 pick OJ Howard. It had a decent OL and a great D. they year before they had a top offense and lost because their QB threw too many picks and lost too many fumbles (something Brady stopped doing in 2003.

You are only making yourself look obtuse by your last comment.

Stop it. The numbers and self interest just made it not work for either side. When are you going to be man enough to admit it.
No, Brady has been good to great the past 3 seasons. AND he probably could have easily played another, I believe. But do you really want ANYONE to believe that with Tom Brady, plus his $25MM cap hit and the roster losses that would have entailed would have won 11 games in NE in 2020?
Brady has proven a lot over the course of his career, including ANYTHING is possible with him at quarterbac
Yeah if you give him Gronk, Brate, Evans, AB, Godwin, and a great running game. WHY do you continue to think football is a one man game.
It was simply the RIGHT time for both to move on. The Pats had put everything into a 4 year run that produced 3 superbowl appearances. They were old, in cap hell, and had a string of unproductive drafts. Normally your 41 year old QB would have called it a day after the 2019 that saw an 8-0 start fall apart after injuries exposed a top heavy team. PLUS Brady wanted to still play (FOR A CONTENDER) and his wife wanted warmer climes

No conspiracy, just 2 parties going in different direction.

No. The board in general is tired of it. Replying to a post is only an excuse. There is a TB forum because the vast majority are tired of it and do not want it in the main forum. The same arguments and discussion points over and over for more than 3 years. Move on or post in the TB forum.
And you are?

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back