Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Mac or Zappe

• Zappe

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.
Depends on what you consider a short leash. If they are going to pull him at the first sign of trouble, I agree with you. If he goes a good stretch of games where he really struggles and they decide to pull him, I think they should give Jones the opportunity to lose his job.

When I said a short leash, I went into the season believing he was the starter for the full year even if he turns into a train wreck. Now if he goes like three games in a row where plays like crap, he could lose his job. That is my idea of a short leash.
Gotcha. I thought you were speaking from a game planning standpoint.

Breer stirring up ****....

Lots of the “I think…” qualifier in there. That said, I wouldn’t rule it out. Like I said in my hawt taek earlier, I think Mac was starting to revel in the glow a bit too much, and we know what the team thinks of that. Especially when you’re committing multiple turnovers.

Sit Mac until he's 100% AND whether Zappe starts to struggle. A loss to da Bears forcing Mac out there would be horrible.

zappe starts the rest of the year.

In the offense, bb trades jones for a first round pick

On day 3 of the 2023 draft, we draft McCall of coastal Carolina.

QB1 is still Mac. He has looked uncomfortable in the pocket as compared to last year. Could be the change in offensive planning. Zappe didn't have this problem. However, if Mac falters, he may be holding the clipboard.

I don't know who should start, but I WILL SAY that I believe that Zappe has better pocket awareness, and slides around much better than Mac.
I hate to say it, but you all know what I am thinking.
At least I think so.

Lots of the “I think…” qualifier in there. That said, I wouldn’t rule it out. Like I said in my hawt taek earlier, I think Mac was starting to revel in the glow a bit too much, and we know what the team thinks of that. Especially when you’re committing multiple turnovers.
Facts. Jones was striking me as very emotional and immature this season. You want your QB to be a stone cold killer not a little kid throwing tantrums all the time.

I have seen enough from Jones to think he will not be an elite (top 5-7) QB in the NFL which is what we need and what I want d%#*!@t

His arm is not strong enough, he sails passes, he he does not throw with velocity. He also panics when he is surprised by the rush. He holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked or throws up the ball too late instead of decisively throwing away it away earlier.

Just as importantly, he does not strike me as a leader. No charisma that I can see from him. He does not seem to project confidence in the way he talks.

It is very much early days for Zappe and could jut be an outlier but I see a lot of things I like.

He has a stronger arm, he does not sail his throws and he has great ball placement!

He has good pocket awareness and I don't get the same deer in the headlights feeling I get from Jones. He moves well in the pocket.

It is probably because he only has one read and throw (from what I can see) but he seems to be more decisive about when to pull the trigger.

Lastly, he has charisma and projects confidence when he speaks that Jones simply does not.

I would go with Zappe for at least another month or so, let Jones fully recover from injury and then make a decision.
No way does zappe have a stronger arm than Jones

Facts. Jones was striking me as very emotional and immature this season. You want your QB to be a stone cold killer not a little kid throwing tantrums all the time.
Yeah, I don’t mind a little intensity or sh¡t talk after a big play. We watched that for 20 years. I don’t even mind telling the defense to “hold my nuts” after a TD pass. That stuff happens all the time. But you look like a big time douchebag when you’re hitting the Griddy after multiple turnovers in a losing effort.

Yeah, I don’t mind a little intensity or sh¡t talk after a big play. We watched that for 20 years. I don’t even mind telling the defense to “hold my nuts” after a TD pass. That stuff happens all the time. But you look like a big time douchebag when you’re hitting the Griddy after multiple turnovers in a losing effort.
That Griddy in hindsight looks worse. You do that when the game is actually won. His way of firing the squad but was piss poor timing.

What? No love for Garrett Gilbert?

Sit Mac until he's 100% AND whether Zappe starts to struggle. A loss to da Bears forcing Mac out there would be horrible.
This is my standpoint as well. I don't see a point in rushing to Mac. I really don't want this team to make decisions to coddle the feelings of the first rounder. Mac should take this time to recover and improve so when/if he gets the job back he's ready to fight to keep it

They said, it is only preseason, then the season started and it was because of the coaches,

Every QB throws INts but these Ints if BB watches them will be pissed off and if he sees one more, Mac is done. These are really really bad, at least let the defenders work for them. What the hell?

This needs to be retired from Mac and everyone not named Jamar Chase and Justin Jefferson. When everyone in the NFL is doing this, it's played out. What happened to players having their own celebrations?

Dance Nfl GIF by The Undroppables

Having two good QBs is a good thing until it is not, this is what I don’t like about it, one is not getting the practice time with the rest of the starters and have to share.

I'm going with Mac, but I'm fully behind BB in this decision. Whoever gets this team into the next phase of growth is what's most important and I believe BB has the clearest vision of what that should be. Zappe is fun though, without a doubt and I am happy to have him.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back