Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Mac or Zappe

• Zappe

• Mac

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have supported Mac through these troubling times, but I have finally crossed over to the dark side and now decided Zappe is the qb of the future. Thoughts??
You supported Harry for almost 4 years, and you can’t even support Mac for two? Fickle, fickle, fickle. You would never see something like this in the upscale area of Worcester.

You supported Harry for almost 4 years, and you can’t even support Mac for two? Fickle, fickle, fickle. You would never see something like this in the upscale area of Worcester.
You made me laugh! I didn’t really support Harry, I just wanted to give him a fair chance, when some weren’t. Mac seems to have lost the it he had last year. He seems a lost soul. Zappe is still a rookie but he seemed to get it. My niece goes to Clark, is that the upscale part?

If Mac continues to play at this level then i chose option 3 for 2023.

You made me laugh! I didn’t really support Harry, I just wanted to give him a fair chance, when some weren’t. Mac seems to have lost the it he had last year. He seems a lost soul. Zappe is still a rookie but he seemed to get it. My niece goes to Clark, is that the upscale part?
There is no upscale part in Worcester. We’re all trash. That means your niece is trash now, too. You’ll learn to live with it.

I’ll tell you what, though. We’re such hardcore fans. Not phoney bolognas like yourself! You could only wish to be from Worcester.

By the way, just so it doesn’t get twisted, I love you, Moose.

If Mac continues to play at this level then i chose option 3 for 2023.
This is the playbook used by teams like the Bills and Dolphins. Give up after 2 years, draft another. And another and another. It went on forever.

If you look at the QBs taken in the last several years, only a few (like, 10%) worked out after 2 years. Most went to other teams. Many became decent way later (I'm talking about Geno Smith, Tannehill, Cousins, etc.) while others stayed bad.

The chances of finding the franchise guy are small. Even a guy like Eli Manning who excelled in Super Bowls had several putrid seasons.

Edelman is backing Zappe Edelman is the blue print receiver.
I think his opinion has a ton of weight.
When did Jules weigh into this? If true it will be significant because he knows what a good QB should look like regardless of play calling.
People keep bringing the Bears game up, he barely had snaps during the week. What did you all expect to happen?

Last edited:
When did Jules weigh into this? If true it will be significant because he knows what a good QB should look like regardless of play calling.
People keep bringing the Bears game up, he barely had snaps during the week. What dis you all expect to happen?

I've lost nearly all confidence in Mac, but I also think the move is to play him for the rest of the year. Find out for sure. Don't go back and forth between two guys, never knowing if you're making the best choice. If Mac doesn't show signs of significant improvement by season's end, then it's an open competition next off-season. If he gets his head straight and settles in, great, we have our young qb back to continue to develop.

As far as Zappe, people are too concerned about the batted passes against Chicago. His height was not the primary reason for that. The reliance on the quick, short passing game is what created more opportunities for batted balls. Brady had his share of passes batted down when we did this during his time here. Now, being on the short side doesn't help, and if Zappe doesn't eventually show the ability to consistently threaten intermediate/deep parts of the field, then DLs will in fact be able to make life hard for him by just getting their hands up.

Right now both Mac and Zappe look like good NFL backups. They could really use a veteran mentor but I don't see anyone waiting in the wings.

There is no upscale part in Worcester. We’re all trash. That means your niece is trash now, too. You’ll learn to live with it.

I’ll tell you what, though. We’re such hardcore fans. Not phoney bolognas like yourself! You could only wish to be from Worcester.
Cmon, West Side is nice.

One of my kids almost went to Assumption, that actually was kinda nice.

I’ve lost a lot of faith in Mac. With solid OL play and competent play calling, Mac can manage games decently but there seems to be a ceiling that is substantially lower than you’d want from a franchise QB.

That’s not say Zappe is the answer but I don’t think Mac is the future. We are a treadmill team until we get actual consistently good QB play.

With the same O line and same Coaching Zappe could get to his other reads.
Tell me how many Games has Mac had this season where he’s hit More than 3 or 4 different players for receptions?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back