PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

You Play to Win the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russyracuse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As a long time fan of the Pats the injury to Wes Welker in yesterday's game was difficult to watch. Early in the game he seemed to cut the wrong way on the grass and injured himself. It is pretty obvious that he will be out for the playoffs and could be out in the beginning of the next season. The Patriots offense cannot function the same way without Welker. I think Julian Edelman can fill in, but he does not have Welker's experience in football and this offense. He will be sorely missed.

With that said, the decision to play to win the game yesterday was the correct one. Unlike the Colts from the week before the Patriots played the majority of their players throughout the game. Randy Moss was taken out in the last 2 minutes of the game. Tom Brady was replaced by Brian Hoyer at the end of the first half and at the end of the game. For the most part the Pats starters played to win. This game really meant nothing except to play football the right way. The Pats I believe played to win. Even Ron Borges in today's Boston Herald seems to give credit to Belichick for going for the win.

I disagree with any football expert stating the Pats should have held out Welker and the other starters from this game. His injury could have happened in the playoffs regardless. Injuries like Brady's last year and Wes Welker are a part of the game.

Going into this game I was realistic about the Pats chances in the playoffs. I thought they could win in the Wild Card Round and then have a tough time in San Diego. Welker's injury doesn't change the fact that the Pats have tough road ahead. Can they beat The Ravens? I believe they still can. Can they beat the Chargers? My heart says one thing and my head says the other.

Russyracuse

fulhampatsfan.blogspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back