PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn Expected to Return Next Week

Showing up for the mandatory mini camp is good... Still would have like to have seen him at the voluntary otas... But they are voluntary for a reason...

That's great news if true. He must have heard the rumblings of being potentially traded. Our line looks a lot better with an "in shape" Wynn at LT.

Glad to hear, but why wouldn't he?

I understand the level of concern amongst fans with Wynn blowing off voluntary, but haven't heard of any issue with his contract or health.

Showing up for the mandatory mini camp is good... Still would have like to have seen him at the voluntary otas... But they are voluntary for a reason...
Unfortunately, we see a much sloppier game for it. Not really enough scheduled time to provide what is needed in fundamentals. Not enough pads, not enough hitting. Much tougher to be able to get into game shape. My old man on a soapbox rant, out.

Unfortunately, we see a much sloppier game for it. Not really enough scheduled time to provide what is needed in fundamentals. Not enough pads, not enough hitting. Much tougher to be able to get into game shape. My old man on a soapbox rant, out.
Yup. Tommy always told us how important OTAs are….until they suddenly weren’t.

He clearly heard the noise.
Think he'd have skipped mandatory camp if not for the noise? Or that annoucing his intentions for camp in advance is a result of hearing the noise?

Think he'd have skipped mandatory camp if not for the noise? Or that annoucing his intentions for camp in advance is a result of hearing the noise?
Yes to both. As I've said before, if this was because he is worried about getting injured and is training somewhere else - fine. But it should be disclosed to the team and they can let reporters know when asked to avoid this unnecessary noise. Bedard and Curran to name a few have said if he was staying away because of that, this wouldn't be an issue. The silence and absence was not a good move on his part.

Last edited:
Yes to both. As I've said before, if this was because he is worried about getting injured and is training somewhere else - fine. But it should be disclosed to the team and they can let reporters know when asked to avoid this unnecessary noise. Bedard and Curran to name a few have said if he was staying away because of that, this wouldn't be an issue. The silence and absence was not a good move on his part.
I gotta disagree.

I don't think he cared about the "noise" one way or the other... He didn't show up to otas last year, and was there for mini camp, so it's not like this is something out of the norm for him...

I think maybe he knows the difference in meaning between “voluntary” and “mandatory”, and reading anything more into it is pure projection of personal fantasies.

…. But it should be disclosed to the team and they can let reporters know when asked to avoid this unnecessary noise. …
Next time BB gives the media anything just to reduce noise will be the first time, as far as I can recall. Maybe you know differently so please remind me if I’m forgetting the last time the team did anything like that.

I think it was totally overblown in the first place. Offensive and defensive linemen can't have that big of a playbook. I've seen all across the nfl every year where lineman are ready to play with little to no practice. Just smash that fat body into the fat body in front of you 70% of the time lol.

Next time BB gives the media anything just to reduce noise will be the first time, as far as I can recall. Maybe you know differently so please remind me if I’m forgetting the last time the team did anything like that.
I'm sure Bill plays the media behind the scenes when he needs to but I can't see him operating like the poster suggested. In fact the media themselves will tell you he's horrible to deal with and is nuts about controlling the narrative. So yea that doesn't sound like Bill at all. I can't imagine watching this team operate for 20 years and think Bill would care about something like that lol.

I think it was totally overblown in the first place. Offensive and defensive linemen can't have that big of a playbook. I've seen all across the nfl every year where lineman are ready to play with little to no practice. Just smash that fat body into the fat body in front of you 70% of the time lol.
Sure, unless they're trying to install a new scheme.

He didn’t announce, he was asked by a reporter. This has been a big nothing story that people created.

Why? Who cares what people speculate about?

I care more about his conditioning than whether he attends voluntary OTAs, which are basically just walkthroughs for OLs. I doubt he missed much by not being there. Brady was unaffected by missing voluntary OTAs. This is a story only because there’s not much else to report.

Yes, by contract, players are allowed to skip OTA's. That doesn't mean that this a good idea.

This year Wynn will be working next to a new starting LG, and new LG backups. It would have helped for him to be there. There was little risk of injury. Also, there will be new wrinkles in the play calling and play notation with a new set of coaches on Offense. Obviously, if there is a more major change to the Offense, then Wynn's being there would have helped even more.

That being said, it is good for Cajuste and Herron to get lots of reps.

Perhaps, we will see more about line play and personnel this week. The staff certainly should be able to judge the health and physical shape of Wynn, Brown and Cajuste. Perhaps, they can also start to evaluate the backup IOL's. All the backup IOL roster spots are up for grabs.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back