PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn Expected to Return Next Week

Yep. Picking up 5th year option = fully guaranteeing two consecutive salaries of combined c.20M - clearly states no future..
They are referring to next year as he's a FA.

huh? two consecutive salaries of 10 a pop? I dont remember paying him 10m last year... am I not understanding this correctly?

Sorry, dont know where that came from : ) 14M of course..

Man that 2018 draft was a mess. Coming into year 5 and we have a malcontent oft-injured tackle and a situational linebacker.

Man that 2018 draft was a mess. Coming into year 5 and we have a malcontent oft-injured tackle and a situational linebacker.

Yep... Until Mac Jones/Barmore, you had to go back to Thuney/Brissett to find even two consecutive picks that weren't blown outta Bill's ass... and even then Dak Prescott was still available...

Who said Wynne is a Malcontent?

Also if we're being honest you're speculating as well regarding his focus or mental side of things. I'd actually argue the opposite from watching film on him.
I agree my comment is speculation. As to "why" I say that versus a pure numerical approach (which as always you do a great job of compiling and presenting) is due to my further speculation that it's not the "how often" as much as the "when" of his lapses from that mean you describe.

I don't know the best antonym for "clutch", but do feel I see Wynn as personifying it. As I said, he's not the guy who is terrible all the time either - he has moments of brilliance too, but he's simply not consistent and those lull moments also seemingly come at the worst/most crucial moments.

He's best the Patriots have right now without further degrading the entire unit - so if they roll with him this season it's not the most critical issue to address (which I still maintain is the defense writ large from DL to LB to DB which all seem to have way more question marks and unknowns than any unit on the offense).

Wynn has been so bad he makes Nate Solder look like a Hall of Famer.

For anyone concerned about Wynn's play at LT, no worries, he's our new RT.

That's how he blew out his Achilles during a pre-season game of his rookie year!
So he got injured, what are you saying, because he was at RT?
Gimme a break.

Some of you guys just complain about ANYTHING you can, just because you can.
I don't understand the desire some of you have to tear down EVERY MOVE Bill makes, and shred the team.
Go back and look at 2001 team, bunch of MONSTER STUDS Bill brought in, probably spent 400M on those FA'S...

So he got injured, what are you saying, because he was at RT?
Gimme a break.

Some of you guys just complain about ANYTHING you can, just because you can.
I don't understand the desire some of you have to tear down EVERY MOVE Bill makes, and shred the team.
Go back and look at 2001 team, bunch of MONSTER STUDS Bill brought in, probably spent 400M on those FA'S...
Why are you so focused on 2001?
Nothing that happened the previous 20 years matters.
Every season is a new season.
We're onto 2022.

Why are you so focused on 2001?
Nothing that happened the previous 20 years matters.
Every season is a new season.
We're onto 2022.
Why have you ignored 2001? How about the moves Bill made 2002,3,4? Were ANY of those good moves?

You guys just mash the bad moves, and EVERY GM makes them, EVERY YEAR.

Doesn't fit the narrative though...sorry...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back