PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn and Ferentz active

Herron Wynn Andrews Karras Onwenu :cool:

I like it...Herron's a Left-side lineman, and NOT a Right-side one... Wynn looks more like a LG than a LT anyway, and with some effort could become a Pro-Bowl-caliber one there... And Onwenu's a Right-side lineman Much More than he is a Left-side one.

Is that because of covid rules? I don't get it.
I think it's because of Ferentz not counting on the 53 but still being active in the game, allowing an additional player from the 53 to also be active.

Do you want an injured Herron at LT or Wynn after not practising for 2 weeks? Assuming Wynn never had Covid and was only out because he was an unvaccinated close contact (Onwenu), he may have been working out for the two weeks; with direct or indirect Pats supervision depending on league rules. Obviously the extent of Herron's injury is critical in the decision and we have no idea how bad the injury is. I assume it is Wynn at left tackle and Onwenu at LG with Karras at RG and Cajuste at RT. If Cajuste plays well that is the biggest issue solved for the O-line from the first 4 games. The rest from last week's game might help Onwenu and Wynn.

Is that because of covid rules? I don't get it.
  • Gameday rosters can include up to two practice squad players elevated temporarily (i.e. just that week). To be eligible to elevate two players, the team must have 8 offensive linemen active for the game; otherwise, only one player may be elevated.

Do you want an injured Herron at LT or Wynn after not practising for 2 weeks? Assuming Wynn never had Covid and was only out because he was an unvaccinated close contact (Onwenu), he may have been working out for the two weeks; with direct or indirect Pats supervision depending on league rules. Obviously the extent of Herron's injury is critical in the decision and we have no idea how bad the injury is. I assume it is Wynn at left tackle and Onwenu at LG with Karras at RG and Cajuste at RT. If Cajuste plays well that is the biggest issue solved for the O-line from the first 4 games. The rest from last week's game might help Onwenu and Wynn.
I’d like as much depth as possible, especially when it doesn’t affect any of the rest of the roster (I.e. 7 vs 8 OL as 47 vs 48 game day roster).

I want cajuste both to play and to show us something positive for a few weeks. His ascendance could go a very long way. I’m confident that Mac can lead NE to wins : doubly so if he is adequately protected.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back