PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wynn and Cannon OR Anderson and Reiff

There isn't a team in the league who doesn't have a weakness somewhere.
Blindside. There’s even a book about the importance of LT by Michael Lewis that was made into a movie. I know you’ve heard of that. More important than a backup DE or hybrid LB/safety.

For such a smart guy, Bill is being dense. Dante isn’t walking through that door to work his miracles. But the supposed GOAT of coaches is acting as if he were.

I can almost sense the disaster that’s coming from the blindside pressure on Mac, who will become panicky.

Last edited:
So with Brown out of shape and Reiff ****ting the bed the Pats have a OT problem that directly effects the offense especially Mac Jones. Hopefully BB will fix the issue.
Can I make a joke? Bringing in Marcus Cannon?

Blindside. There’s even a book about the importance of LT by Michael Lewis that was made into a movie. I know you’ve heard of that. More important than a backup DE or hybrid LB/safety.

For such a smart guy, Bill is being dense. Dante isn’t walking through that door to work his miracles. But the supposed GOAT of coaches is acting as if he were.

I can almost sense the disaster that’s coming from the blindside pressure on Mac, who will become panicky.

I've read that with the widespread use of shotgun, the importance of LT is overrated since that came out.

Mac seems like the type of player who can do designed rollouts to slow a rush.

There are ways of getting around this if the position isn't a complete disaster, which it may be.

Thanks, the flight was cancelled.

I love my mom's cookies and with chocolate milk.

I made $2.13 M last year and I am still saying I've leave a day early.

Trent signed for 2 years $13M with a $2.5M guaranteed signing bonus. For 2023 he gets $4M plus $1.5M if I have the numbers correct.

Riley Reiff did not had a successful OTA. So with Brown out of shape and Reiff ****ting the bed the Pats have a OT problem that directly effects the offense especially Mac Jones. Hopefully BB will fix the issue.
Early times.

He showed that part of last season. Very inconsistent. Unlike Onwenu, he didn’t rise above the offensive **** show the clowns Patricia and Judge put on last year.
Onwenu wasn’t playing tackle on the QB’s blindside. The entire line suffered because of the sht show. Opponents knew the play and predicted the snap… the left tackle was the most vulnerable, which likely explains how an 8 year vet with no history of forgetting the snap count became our biggest offender.
And right on cue he can’t be bothered to come a day or two early to his local pad for mandatory minis. Simple prudence, really.
It’s typical contract jockeying that goes on… Lawrence Guy did the same thing… nobody is whining about him.
And then it’s revealed he has let himself go in the offseason.
How was that revealed?
So I don’t think he’ll be ready to go at LT at the season’s beginning. And that sends a bad message to the other players.
He shows up every year ready to play, especially in contract years.
And while I like Reiff, it’s curious that Chicago let him go when their Oline is in such bad shape. I didn’t follow his play last season, but the Bears must have felt it was time to move on.

So there’s uncertainty at RT. McDermott the best option, backed up by Reiff?
There’s also Sidy Sow and Calvin Anderson if Brown does play left tackle.
Steuber I view as an inside player if he ever comes back and can make the team.
He’s 6’7” tall, he has a good wingspan… he’s just not much of an athlete but he’s massive.
But back to LT it’s obvious to me that Belichick put his faith in Trent Brown being a professional. Turns out to be misplaced.
Nothing is misplaced until preseason ends and the 53 man roster is set. You can’t see the future.
And now we only have Calvin Anderson to prevent a LT disaster like RT was last season.

Trent Brown is lazy. He has not been working out properly. Why keep him on the team other than dire need?

That’s sad. FU, Bill, on screwing the offense. LT is the second most important position after QB.

This will be Belichick’s last year. I doubt we make the playoffs.
Good grief…

I hope RR can do better at RT.

On this play the Bills Greg Rousseau beats McDermontt.

You can see how solid the interior line is. And Trent Brown looks great here from late last season.

Poor tackle play can blow up Bill O’Brien’s great scheming.

Our RT isn’t athletic or strong enough. Here Greg Rousseau bull rushes McDermott silly. Not sure why he surpassed Riley Reiff in shorts earlier this month in OTAs.

But goddamn I haven’t seen this kind of hustle from a LG since John Hannah.

If Cole Strange continues where he left off, we have the best guard tandem in the AFCE.

Our RT isn’t athletic or strong enough. Here Greg Rousseau bull rushes McDermott silly. Not sure why he surpassed Riley Reiff in shorts earlier this month in OTAs.

But goddamn I haven’t seen this kind of hustle from a LG since John Hannah.

If Cole Strange continues where he left off, we have the best guard tandem in the AFCE.

While this play is a bad look for McDermott, I actually thought he stabilized the OL when he was in there. Not perfect, but good enough.

Onwenu would move to RT, Mafi to RG. We start LT with reif and swing tackle McDermott and slowly get sow out there .

I am thinking T brown gets cut .

Onwenu would move to RT, Mafi to RG. We start LT with reif and swing tackle McDermott and slowly get sow out there .

I am thinking T brown gets cut .
The way Brown was handled at OTAs should be a clear message to him. Let’s see whether he responds and how he looks when he shows up for camp.

reading this from pre-season last year it seems obvious he knows what to do and at least then was motivated to do it. Then he showed up for the **** show that was last season and it was all wasted effort. Np wonder he showed up this season with his personal condition in the same condition last season ended up in. Question is, can he fix himself the way Bill fixed the OC situation?

The Real-Life Diet of Patriots Lineman Trent Brown, Who Is No Longer the Biggest Man in the NFL

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back