PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wrecks Cryin, still cryin'

'08 almost certainly goes far if Favre stays healthy. As in 8-3 before the injury far. As in beating the 4 sub 500 teams that beat them at the end of the season, and finishing about 13-3/12-4 far. As in contending for the title far.
I don’t think the ‘08 Jest are beating the ‘08 Steelers, though. The ‘09 Jest, with Favre, are for sure beating that season’s Colts.

I don't blame the degenerate...I would just hope the goddamned bilious, bloated, arrogant, entitled fat slob deviant kept his cokksucker shut for once...
Buddy Ryan.

Rex Ryan.

Rob Ryan.

"The Patriots Way" to me is: respecting each opponent, doing your job, playing with composure, unsentimental and ruthless cap management and keeping your feelings in house (at least during the season). The Pats rarely beat themselves so when they do (like the Miami miracle) it is stunning. Other teams regularly exhibit stupid late game strategy, poor clock management or make bonehead plays at the most inopportune times making the Pats stand out even more.

The media tried to turn it into a morality play then acted surprised when the Pats employed some questionable characters just as as other teams do. It was never about that and never will be.
If there ever was a 'Patriot Way' in reality, it was established under Chuck Fairbanks:

1. Focus on the game. Do your job.

2. Ignore the unjust denigration and unwarranted hyperbolic deifying of other supposedly 'established' teams whom the media will always consider to be better no matter the facts.

3. Sacrifice individual glory for the sake of the team.

4. Respect the game and conduct yourself responsibly, representing New England with honor.

Many, many times in the years after Fairbanks left, that winning attitude was fundamental in many, many huge victories over heavily favored opponents.

And even when ownership finally collapsed, Kiam let Flutie go and the team stunk, they played hard and there were lots of players, staff and fans who stuck by the team along with Dante Scarnecchia.

Coach Parcells brought a winning environment which demands discipline and focus, and Coach Belichick brought that back, along with his own respect for the game, and demands for personal responsibility and accountability, and most of all, putting the team first.

Add to all that the character and determination of countless players in the Sixties AFL era, and this franchise ranks at the top in terms of greatness, humility and character.

This is reflected in the fact that the longest losing stretch we've ever had was seven seasons, a fraction of what each one of the other dynastic NFL teams has puked up over their history.

I guess he doesn’t like winning.

(Checks record as a HC)...confirmed

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back