• Devin Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kristian Wilkerson

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Isaiah Zuber

Votes: 34 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree that Harry isn't one of our top 3 WR's. We had one, and we therefore needed to draft two.

You are basically saying that we don't need a #4 WR, and we should cut Harry. I don't follow that logic.
Who says with certainty that Harry's the WR4?

Agholor replaces Byrd. Bourne replaces Edelman. Neither Bourne or Agholor are the same skill set as Harry. And TEs replace WRs? Harry might not make the team but your logic is curious.

What is Harry's NFL-level receiver skill set, and how does it make him stand out enough for him to stay on the team?

I agree that Harry isn't one of our top 3 WR's. We had one, and we therefore needed to draft two.

You are basically saying that we don't need a #4 WR, and we should cut Harry. I don't follow that logic.

Harry doesn't have as much value as a WR4 compared to a Gunner or Tre or Zuber I think. A guy slow as molasses who is maybe ok at run blocking, don't see any point putting him on the field compared to the other players I listed. And no point throwing to him in red zone with the 5 guys ahead of him at WR and TE.

I think Zuber and Harry may potentially be battling for that final receiver spot barring injuries or any new additions.
Is there really any worry about Zuber being snatched from the PS? Does he have eligibility for it still?

I'll try again.

You say that Harry needs to show that he is as good as expected, then he should be cut.

I said that what is expected from a 1st rounder is absolutely NOT relevant. If that we the case, then he should be cut right now. There is literally no way that he will all of a sudden perform as expected by a first rounder.

I HAVE A VERY DIFFERENT SET OF STANDARDS
1) Is Harry a better choice than the other he competing with for a roster spot?
2) Is Harry worth the new money that we would need to pay him (compared to being cut)?

If Harry is better than the guys we have, then (for me) he is well worth keeping as our #4 WR (plus our STers).

I 100% stipulate that he will no meet the expectations of being drafted when he was drafted. That is totally irrelevant unless we simply want to cut him out of payback for that disappointment
========
The possibility of Harry as finally producing like a 1st or 2nd rounder MIGHT have been relevant when Belichick chose whether to spend $10M or $20M or $30M or $40M on receivers. Belichick decided that he needed to spend $40M AAV on 2 top TE's and 2 top WR's (better than Harry to play with Meyers). We have 2 Ster who are all but locks.

Is there a roster spot for another WR? Is Harry the best choice. Those are the appropriate questions, not previous exceptions with regard to Harry.
Lots of rhetoric, but still do not understand what you are arguing about... how can you "stipulate" something in this context?? Makes no sense. Your effort to disclose what BB is thinking is interesting, mind reader??

BTW I would like to see Harry make this team, but for some reason he has never figured out his role in this offense and how to play in the NFL, but if I am wrong will defer to BB on matters such as this. On the larger scale of things most of this does not matter, except to provide banter on Sportstalk Radio.

The Pats want to ground and pound and be a physical offense. Thats great stuff.

Unfortunately, there will come a time when that game plan is out the window because NE is behind by a couple of scores with the clock ticking down. Time to throw the ball to a group of uninspiring WRs. Can anyone single out 1 NE WR that defenses must double team and stop him from wreaking havoc?

Locks are Agholor, Bourne, Meyers and Gunner. I think Zuber makes the final spot. I’d be very surprised if Harry makes this team.

Is there really any worry about Zuber being snatched from the PS? Does he have eligibility for it still?
He should have eligibility since he was a rookie last year. I wouldn't think there would be much worry about him being taken from the PS unless he balls out in preseason or a joint practice but with all the Bill disciples coaching around the league you never know.

N'Keal Harry ran a 4.53 40. He may suck, he may not be quick off the line, but he certainly isn't slow as molasses by any stretch. It will be very interesting to see how he does in training camp with, hopefully, a half decent qb throwing to him.

I have Harry off the roster, but would not be shocked if he sticks. He brings size and strength to an offense that will run the ball a lot.

So we seem to have consensus on the top 3.

We also seem to have consensus that there are two guys who are listed as WR's that wouldn't make the team as WR if they weren't exceptional special teams starters.

The last roster spot for a WR, to me, seems to need to be about injury depth, and situational football. So it will go to someone who is able to play multiple WR positions and perhaps bring red zone or short yardage capability the others can't. I don't know which of these guys that is, but I'd think Harry would have the edge due to experience, knowing the system, and his height/build.

Yes we did...Yet Billy & the New Minions decided to draft only one, and not until the 242nd damn pick.

Maybe he's saying that we need a better #4 than Harry?

The last roster spot for a WR, to me, seems to need to be about injury depth, and situational football. So it will go to someone who is able to play multiple WR positions and perhaps bring red zone or short yardage capability the others can't. I don't know which of these guys that is, but I'd think Harry would have the edge due to experience, knowing the system, and his height/build.

The last WR spot should go to whoever demonstrates the best Outside receiving capabilities...We have enough dudes for the Inside routes already.

See NESN are running a 53 man roster projection now !

N'Keal Harry ran a 4.53 40. He may suck, he may not be quick off the line, but he certainly isn't slow as molasses by any stretch. It will be very interesting to see how he does in training camp with, hopefully, a half decent qb throwing to him.
Harry is competing to be the backup to Agholor. He is faster than both Meyers and Bourne.

I’m going to say Wilkerson shows off on preseason.
probably

I would say that it it likely that someone other than Harry will look very good in preseason. As in the past, that is the road to the Practice Squad. I suspect that you right in implying that Wilkerson is the one most likely to beat out Harry for a roster spot.

And yet BB seems to not want him on the field. As you pointed out he went out and got 4 players in free agency that stand to take reps away from him.
Go back to 2009, and that's the story of Julian Edelman.

I see people mentioning Wilkerson, but relatively little love for Hall. When it comes to one-trick ponies, his stats are about as good as it gets for threatening downfield. Obviously, he wouldn't bounce between teams so frequently if his ability reflected his incredible yards per catch number with any regularity, but he brings an intriguing speed to a team that too often looked like it was running through molasses last season.

I still harbor hopes that the light will come on for Harry and he can provide chain-moving consistency and become a red-zone threat, but even I've had to admit it's looking pretty unlikely these days.

That's no longer an issue: the current CBA allows for players with any amount of experience to be on the practice squad.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back