Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Isaiah Zuber

Votes: 34 34.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
So it's been really fun to see the Pats players competing in minicamp so far. But real jobs don't get handed out until training camp/preseason is completed. Out of our current group, who do you think makes the cut? Thankfully Nelson Agholor looks like a man amongst boys, looks and plays like a #1 WR so we can pencil him in. But outside of that, I feel like the competition is going to be really fierce. It's going to be hard for the receivers to stand out since it looks like our Tight Ends are going to grab a huge percentage of passes. So after the competition is done, and the final 53 is picked, who will emerge from the wide receiver group? Does former 1st round pick N'Keal Harry even make the roster?

1233322106.0.jpg

It's a strong group. No elite WR but it has depth.

Agholor, Meyers, Bourne will get most of the snaps. Gunner has improved. Tre might have something, was Ernie's pick. Zuber showed some potential.

Everyone else is on the bubble. Nkeal Harry might be more valuable as a 6th round pick trade away than being the 4th/5th receiver here and then getting cut/released. Also the 2 starting TEs will get a lot of balls. Harry doesn't really have a role here anymore. Tough to justify throwing to him over Henry, Smith, Agholor, Meyers, Bourne even on red zone plays.

I heard reports that Harry has slimmed down to around 210 lbs and is looking to make his speed count more. Not sure if that's going to make a big enough difference but at least he's trying something different to improve himself this season. I'm still very skeptical though, hard to see Harry making the cut in a very competitive group.

Does former 1st round pick N'Keal Harry even make the roster?
Only if he shows some competitive fire. His attitude is terrible and his last comments about not having any pressure to produce in year 3 being a former 1st round pick was disgraceful.

No need to waste a pick on Gunner because he's making the special teams roster along with the kickers, snapper, and gunners.

Only if he shows some competitive fire. His attitude is terrible and his last comments about not having any pressure to produce in year 3 being a former 1st round pick was disgraceful.

I may have missed Harry saying that but this is really damning. Harry is on the hot seat and he is showing a total lack of awareness. The Pats just put up huge money to sign 2 TE pass catchers and 2 new WR pass catchers and Meyers already passed him on the depth chart.

I may have missed Harry saying that but this is really damning. Harry is on the hot seat and he is showing a total lack of awareness. The Pats just put up huge money to sign 2 TE pass catchers and 2 new WR pass catchers and Meyers already passed him on the depth chart.
Harry is only still here because he’s a former 1st round pick.

He has a long list of things he’s done that would get other guys cut. He was doomed by his initial injury that kept him out for more than half the season.

Then when we were finally graced with his presence, he got laughed at by the GOAT which probably destroyed his confidence.

Him not being to shake a LB then fumbling week 1 of the 2020 season was a bad look. Yes, I’m aware Baker is fast, but a LB should not be able to run down a WR especially running through trash to get to Harry. And it’s not like Harry was running very far to the end zone either.

Then an undrafted FA goes off for 170 yards, but Harry has no response to that.

Benched as many reps of 225 as Metcalf, yet gets pushed around by smaller CB’s.

Don’t remember what game it was, but Newton was frantically pointing to Harry to go up field for a pass, but he just stood there like an idiot. I think Newton was pretty frustrated with him after the play.

An undrafted FA finished the season with the most yards on the team, yet Harry feels no pressure in year 3.

There’s probably more blunders from Harry I’m missing.

Harry is only still here because he’s a former 1st round pick.

He has a long list of things he’s done that would get other guys cut. He was doomed by his initial injury that kept him out for more than half the season.

Then when we were finally graced with his presence, he got laughed at by the GOAT which probably destroyed his confidence.

Him not being to shake a LB then fumbling week 1 of the 2020 season was a bad look. Yes, I’m aware Baker is fast, but a LB should not be able to run down a WR especially running through trash to get to Harry. And it’s not like Harry was running very far to the end zone either.

Then an undrafted FA goes off for 170 yards, but Harry has no response to that.

Benched as many reps of 225 as Metcalf, yet gets pushed around by smaller CB’s.

Don’t remember what game it was, but Newton was frantically pointing to Harry to go up field for a pass, but he just stood there like an idiot. I think Newton was pretty frustrated with him after the play.

An undrafted FA finished the season with the most yards on the team, yet Harry feels no pressure in year 3.

There’s probably more blunders from Harry I’m missing.
Harry is still here because he is an incumbent from 2020, and is competing for the #4 WR spot. There is no reason to cut or trade him now. Let him compete, whether he was awful last year or not. His draft spot (and rankings at the time) show that some believed that he has some talent. I would say that he has enough talent to win the spot, but time will tell.

The question will be answered. Is he good enough to be our #4 WR?

With Gunner so prominently featured on STs, I’d not discount 6 WRs…
I think that you have it backwards. Since we have Gunner, we don't have to keep 5 other WR's. The #5 WR get very few reps. Since Gunner will always be active, he can take those reps.

I love the ST effect... Gunner's right up there with the very top WRs, and it's pretty much 100% because he's shown ST chops

OK, so Harry's the WR1. Who's after that?

DSC_0143_grande.JPG

Truly painful to vote for Harry, but I would be shocked if he didn't make the team out of camp as a recent 1st rounder.

Truly painful to vote for Harry, but I would be shocked if he didn't make the team out of camp as a recent 1st rounder.
Perhaps he was a recent 1st rounder because he has more talent that the 7th rounders and UDFA's that he is competing with.

That being said, I could certainly seeing someone beating him out, and Harry being trade for 6th.

It's a strong group. No elite WR but it has depth.

Agholor, Meyers, Bourne will get most of the snaps. Gunner has improved. Tre might have something, was Ernie's pick. Zuber showed some potential.

Everyone else is on the bubble. Nkeal Harry might be more valuable as a 6th round pick trade away than being the 4th/5th receiver here and then getting cut/released. Also the 2 starting TEs will get a lot of balls. Harry doesn't really have a role here anymore. Tough to justify throwing to him over Henry, Smith, Agholor, Meyers, Bourne even on red zone plays.
My guess is that Tre will be headed to the practice squad or get Foxboro Flu.

My guess is that Harry has to show a lot of aggression and a bullying attitude to stick around. The physical tools are there and the attitude has to catch up.

They won't cut him, likely (that costs cap), but if he doesn't step into the level of the top 3 on the team, they'll swap him for a bag of balls.

I think it'll be: Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Harry, and Gunner. If Harry has any hiccups, replace him with maybe Zuber.

I think a few posters have mentioned the amount of snaps that will be available in any game. If , for example the 2 TE's will be on the field a lot and then Agholor and Bourne/Myers that does not leave much for anyone else so will Harry get the chance to improve in games with limited snaps ??

Not sure on this but I would assume he will get at least until the pre season games to show any fight and improvement.

Meyers, Agholor, Bourne, Olszewski and either Hall or Nixon, but that spot may fluctuate throughout the season. I really don't see any of the receivers beyond the top 3 contributing much anyway with 2 starting quality tight ends and James White to get the ball to as well. I think Harry will be traded.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back