PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Jeremy Maclin released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsgofor4

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Wow, didn't see that one coming. Clears 10 mill in cap space, post June first cut. Sign the...

What did he do?

Surprised. But would be even more surprised if NE shows interest when considering $ and depth at WR.

Agree. Maybe if he clears waivers but would make sense for a WR needy team with a ton of cap space like Cleveland, Niners, Titans.

Not the biggest need but hey if he's willing to take a cap friendly contract, by all means ;)

Agree. Maybe if he clears waivers but would make sense for a WR needy team with a ton of cap space like Cleveland, Niners, Titans.

No waivers for veterans until after the trade deadline.

its too bad we have no room on the roster for more WRs... someone will pick up a solid veteran with a reasonable contract

Id bring him in for vet minimum.

He doesn't play special teams, so he has no role except depth. Unless you want to use him in place of Hogan or Mitchel.

7 seasons
474 - receptions (avg 67.7 per season)
6,385 - receiving yards (913.57 avg)
46 - Touchdowns (6.57 avg)

In 2014 and 2015, Jeremy Maclin had 18 touchdowns and 2 drops. In 2016 he had 2 touchdowns and 7 drops.

I'm surprised how lukewarm people in here are on Maclin. He has had nothing but losers galore throwing to him for his career but still put up some damn decent numbers.

Unless there's something going on that I'm not aware of, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I'm surprised how lukewarm people in here are on Maclin. He has had nothing but losers galore throwing to him for his career but still put up some damn decent numbers.

Unless there's something going on that I'm not aware of, I'd take him in a heartbeat.
Upgrade over Danny A
Rams Niners Jets Bills make sense
Packers too

He's not not coming here. He would have way better opportunities to get more targets elsewhere.

Hindsight (observation, not complaint):

Could have saved those picks that got used on Cooks

That was my first thought, too, but there's no guarantee that he would sign here. Still, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Maclin, Amendola, Hawkins does sound pretty good.

That was my first thought, too, but there's no guarantee that he would sign here. Still, Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell, Maclin, Amendola, Hawkins does sound pretty good.

Yeah, it sounds good if it's before the draft, giving the Patriots more picks for the defense and/or OL. But Big Andy waited until now, and there's no room left at the inn. Oh, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back