PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Jeremy Maclin released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maclin would be worse at what Amendola does best in his specific niche. That's what you don't seem to get. We are not collecting talent but building a team.
Tha also means niches are not set in stone.
What maclin can do, incorporated into our offense > what amendola can do, incorporated into our offense.

I'm not so sure about Wise ever playing LB. He's 6'5" and over 270 lbs.
Sometimes people like to call out DEs LBs because they play DE from a stand up position

Tha also means niches are not set in stone.
What maclin can do, incorporated into our offense > what amendola can do, incorporated into our offense.

Then argue that you want to upgrade Hogan or Mitchell with Maclin. I'd disagree based on proven chemistry with Brady but at least see the point. I'd rather keep Amendola's niche and broaden the playbook and general flexibility.

Then argue that you want to upgrade Hogan or Mitchell with Maclin. I'd disagree based on proven chemistry with Brady but at least see the point. I'd rather keep Amendola's niche and broaden the playbook and general flexibility.
Then we disagree.
As I said roles are not in stone they changed based on the players.
If maclin were here he would certainly beat our amendola, and amendola would be cut rather than hogan or Mitchell.

For many reasons it's doubtful he is coming here but if he did there is little question what the result to the roster would be.

For me, the IOL needs work. Our #1 backup is Karras. Our #2 (and 9th OL) is ???
=====

As far a linebacker, posters are unhappy. I suspect that Belichick disagrees. We usually play 2 LB, with Ninkovich as the third when we need 3. Belichick has often given lots of reps to a healthy Freeny.

OUR TWO LINEBACKERS (2-5 positions)
starters: Hightower and Van Noy
backups: McClellan, Roberts, Freeny, Bates, Langi

EDGE PLAYERS WHO WOULD BE THE THIRD LB WHEN WE USE 3
Ninkovich, Rivers, Wise

Good point on the OL, as far as the edge goes I think Rivers is a great prospect but I have a feeling that Nink is on the bubble. I thought his play dropped off pretty significantly and if he can't turn that around I can see Belichick moving in from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes