PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
It's hard to get a perfect clip because the TV cameras didn't include the downfield receivers but you can see that Mac has loads of time and spends 2 or more seconds scanning downfield before opting for the dumpoff. At that stage, the safety was even further away. Here's a screenshot from the All-22 which is as close as I can get to when Mac opted for the dumpoff.

View attachment 46643
Do my eyes deceive me or is the receiver on the left sideline open by at least 6 yards? Which means on either side of him, whether it's the trailing corner or the deep safety, there's 18-20 feet of open grass to fit the ball?

Last edited:
Onwenu and Stevenson are out best players.
View attachment 46897
That chart right THERE is why I just can't get behind the Cole Strange pick.

Our BEST performing offensive linemen:
Michael Onwenu, 6th round pick.

And yet you BLOW a 1st round pick on a guard when you can find very good ones much later in the draft. It makes no sense from an opportunity cost perspective.

And what has Cole Strange done? He's league average. Does that scream out wise use of draft resources? It doesn't to me.

Do my eyes deceive me or is the receiver on the left sideline open by at least 6 yards? Which means on either side of him, whether it's the trailing corner or the deep safety, there's 18-20 feet of open grass to fit the ball?
My work here is done.

And yet you BLOW a 1st round pick on a guard when you can find very good ones much later in the draft. It makes no sense from an opportunity cost perspective.

And what has Cole Strange done? He's league average. Does that scream out wise use of draft resources? It doesn't to me.
It was only a few weeks ago when Strange was considered the top OL rookie according to several top statistic web sites. I think he was a good pick in the 1st round.

Honorable mentions​

OT Isaiah Wynn, New England Patriots: Soon-to-be 27-year-old who can play both left and right tackle effectively...

Yeah, about that Wynn fella, Sanjesh... Did you type this report from, like, a call center somewhere?

Honorable mentions​

OT Isaiah Wynn, New England Patriots: Soon-to-be 27-year-old who can play both left and right tackle effectively...

Yeah, about that Wynn fella, Sanjesh... Did you type this report from, like, a call center somewhere?
i did not expect to see wynn in an article about price free agents next year after such performances

It would take an effort of Biblical proportions to **** up a first round so completely in 3 Straight Years like Gruden & Mayock did...

They made some nice picks in other rounds... But you just cannot blow so many top picks like that.

Should we sign Clelin Ferrell? At the right price I like him opposite Judon.

Agree. But he benched 32 times so he is not weak.
Clearly you have never played this game before and do not have a clue about what we are talking about when we talk about the strength that is needed to physically beat a man across the line of scrimmage from you. Freaking amateur! this is not an arm wrestling match. This is football!

Clearly you have never played this game before and do not have a clue about what we are talking about when we talk about the strength that is needed to physically beat a man across the line of scrimmage from you. Freaking amateur! this is not an arm wrestling match. This is football!

What a d!ck head post. Grow up.

What a d!ck head post. Grow up.
Their is play strength and gym strength....sometimes it's 2 different things. However benching 32 times is no small feat and for sure that strength shows on the field. IMO Strong is a future LT. His weight and is ok if he is going to trend in that direction. However to play G...I think he need to add some weight....even if it's fat. It doesn't seem like he has a very strong lower body.

Should we sign Clelin Ferrell? At the right price I like him opposite Judon.

At the right price I suppose, but I don't know if he would provide much if any more than what Wise is giving us now...

Their is play strength and gym strength....sometimes it's 2 different things. However benching 32 times is no small feat and for sure that strength shows on the field. IMO Strong is a future LT. His weight and is ok if he is going to trend in that direction. However to play G...I think he need to add some weight....even if it's fat. It doesn't seem like he has a very strong lower body.

The bench press is a metric at the Combine because strength is important, but only one aspect. It is upper body obviously, and Strange needs to improve his lower body strength, or increase his weight, to help with bull rushes.

At the right price I suppose, but I don't know if he would provide much if any more than what Wise is giving us now...

I think Wise has been a good surprise, but Farrell is a bit more mobile, younger?, and we need another rotational guy to rest Wise and Judon, IMO.

I'm actually very hopeful from what I've seen but understand this sentiment. If you draft an IOL early they better be a big hit. So far Strange has been average but he did flash some nice traits and movements. Him and TT really need to hit though.

Pats are definitely influx rn. I was hoping for a slight improvement on last year. Slight, nothing big but noticeable. Didn't even have to eclipse our team total from last year just "look good and a little more advanced" but that's certainly not the case.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back