PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
You do understand, don't you, why if that Trey is indeed Trey Smith I would be completely and justifiably ****ing pissed-off?

Completely and justifiably ****ing pissed off about a NFL draft selection? Really? You are not embarrassed to write that? Multiple selections were made without your approval so you are justified? Too funny. And I think you really believe you are injured. Let me assure you that you will recover and "it's just a flesh wound".

Completely and justifiably ****ing pissed off about a NFL draft selection? Really? You are not embarrassed to write that? Multiple selections were made without your approval so you are justified? Too funny. And I think you really believe you are injured. Let me assure you that you will recover and "it's just a flesh wound".

If you don't follow the draft and just merely take One Patriot Place's word for how well they did, then don't ****ing criticize what others write about it... You ****ing embarrass yourself otherwise.

If you don't follow the draft and just merely take One Patriot Place's word for how well they did, then don't ****ing criticize what others write about it... You ****ing embarrass yourself otherwise.

I don' believe you realize the IRONY of you telling others that they are embarrassing themselves. YOU embarrass yourself 95% of the time you post. Blind squirrels find nuts more than you are correct with anything you post.

And why don't you remind us how may RINGS you've gotten as a Draft Expert for an NFL Team. Why don't you tell us how may Executive of the Year awards you've received?

Seriously.. Your college player evaluations amount to nothing more than a monkey throwing *poop* at the wall to see what sticks. @BaconGrundleCandy , @WaterfallJumper , and a host of others have more credibility in their pinkies than you do when it comes to college player evaluations..

I don' believe you realize the IRONY of you telling others that they are embarrassing themselves. YOU do 95% of the time you post. Blind squirrels find nuts more than you are correct with anything you post.

*Castrated blind squirrels

We have a demolition duo in Rham & Harris. Two big boys with vision, contact balance and power for days. One thing that's impressed me all year is Rham's ability to make it happen when there's nothing there. Getting 3-4 yards when he's met at line by defenders or squeezing through the tiniest holes. We've never seen it multiple weeks now, all year. Light quick feet showing up, LGB-feet but he runs with more power. I always joked Blount was a power back that didn't really run with power. Anyway Rham has been great. We're lucky to all three. Bolden deserves a ton of love for how he's replaced White.

Myles Bryant has been making multiple key plays each game now but he's been consistently playing well. Not just flashing here and there. He's becoming quite player. Unknown to most a few years ago but craved out a role and making a name for himself.
His route recognition has stood out all year. Misdirection/Flat area, motion/stuff developing behind the los, shallow underneath area. He's been money. Click and close with no hesitation. Plus instincts in coverage like he showed at end reading the play and Allen. He's been great. Again another udfa, "no name" making an impact.

This performance by the OL will go down in Pats history. At times 6OL, 8-9 in the box every every down. They know what's coming & we still ran for a collective 220! The sign of a good run team is running it when you have to. Running it when the other team knows it's coming. Run it when conditions are bad. We showed the entire league what we're about with that performance. I wish we passed a little more but we literally took it to them and just made it a fight. And won.

Wynn has been doing work in space. Locate and move. Killed 39 a few times.

Jakob Johnson and Wynn have been cleaning up the left side now for weeks now. Johnson opened up some holes tonight when it seemed like all 11 defenders were crashing on the run.

Rip might have been his best move coming out. It really set up a lot of other things for him. Just power right here putting his man on his back.

Falling asleep, too tired to really get into it and have to wake up but also ...

Godchaux and Guy. Both have been very good and really hard to block. Whole DL is playing well but those two should get a little more love. They've been shedding blocks like crazy lately.

JCJ almost had another pick tonight but was really good for what little I saw on replays and the game.

Mac for being a team player. Few tough rushes in a row.

Bill, Josh, Steve, Mayo, Covington. All the coaches esp on defensive side. Mentioned Covington early in the thread but he's done a nice job as has Mayo. Great win hopefully Phillips is ok and Dugger is back.

They've done an amazing job at drafting RB's recently. Stevenson gets more yards after contact, and contact by multiple defenders, than any RB we've had since maybe Dillon.

Mac was all smiles standing with BB at the end. Seems to me, even though he didn't get to "do anything", he had fun with the game plan.
You don't forget games like this. I'm sure it was a blast for every one on the team. Great game to look back on when **** gets tough ... "Hey we beat Buffalo - Div Champs, in a Blizzard throwing 3 times" !!
They've done an amazing job at drafting RB's recently. Stevenson gets more yards after contact, and contact by multiple defenders, than any RB we've had since maybe Dillon.
Man are we lucky to have the squad we do. Harris, Rham and Bolden have been unbelievable this year. I wouldn't mind grabbing someone in the 3rd or 4th as a younger White/Bolden replacement but yea we're lucky. We have as good a RB room as there is rn in the league

For the rest of us:

One of my favorites is the "coffee house" blitz. Defender (usually a LB/OLB) pretends to drop in coverage before blitzing. I believe we used it a few times with Nink.

You don't forget games like this. I'm sure it was a blast for every one on the team. Great game to look back on when **** gets tough ... "Hey we beat Buffalo - Div Champs, in a Blizzard throwing 3 times" !!

Man are we lucky to have the squad we do. Harris, Rham and Bolden have been unbelievable this year. I wouldn't mind grabbing someone in the 3rd or 4th as a younger White/Bolden replacement but yea we're lucky. We have as good a RB room as there is rn in the league
I found it both boring and exciting to watch depending on whether the offense or defense was on the field. Then at the end of the 3rd, beginning of the forth i knew i was watching something that would become folklore. At that point i didn't want jones to pass, i wanted to see the pats to win the game without passing again.

I found it both boring and exciting to watch depending on whether the offense or defense was on the field. Then at the end of the 3rd, beginning of the forth i knew i was watching something that would become folklore. At that point i didn't want jones to pass, i wanted to see the pats to win the game without passing again.
Yea I enjoyed it for what it was. Idk if I'm in the minority or not but I love weather effecting the game. The heat, cold, rain, wind, snow. It would be nice to play in a dome but I like having a set of balls between my legs.

Yea I enjoyed it for what it was. Idk if I'm in the minority or not but I love weather effecting the game. The heat, cold, rain, wind, snow. It would be nice to play in a dome but I like having a set of balls between my legs.
Absolutely. That's a part of real football. I can't stand all these media dorks going on and on about how they just like it to 'be about football' as though the elements haven't been integral to the game of football since day one.

Absolutely. That's a part of real football. I can't stand all these media dorks going on and on about how they just like it to 'be about football' as though the elements haven't been integral to the game of football since day one.
Yea I saw some of media and fanboys on Twitter saying all games should be played in a dome. They're so trendy and annoying it's not funny.

Seriously though, many would prefer climate controlled games with Oprah handing out orange slices on the sidelines. Can't wait for the first team to lose but "identify" as a winner.

Yea I saw some of media and fanboys on Twitter saying all games should be played in a dome. They're so trendy and annoying it's not funny.

Seriously though, many would prefer climate controlled games with Oprah handing out orange slices on the sidelines. Can't wait for the first team to lose but "identify" as a winner.
I think the Indy Geldings have that honor with all their participation banners.

I don't believe in playing football in a dome, its meant to be played outdoors in the elements. i'd rather watch it on tv than sit in the stands. Ive been to a couple of games in the old Shaffer stadium and to Fenway park to see the redsox. IMO baseball is more exciting watching it in person, were as football is more of a tv game. Watching baseball in person you can get a real feel for how fast the pitcher throws and the bang bang of a double play. Although when i did go to see the pats in person i was quite aways from the field and it looked like a bunch of tiny figures running around. Maybe if i seats closer to the action, i'd have a different viewpoint. But then again i'd rather sit in my living room and be comfortable than freeze my azz off in the stands. The thing thats attractive to me about watching the game live is the tailgating, that looks like it would be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back