PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Yeah its looking like that.
OT is our biggest need but most likely any that are truly worth#14 will be gone.
Whereas odds are great a worthy wr or cb will be available at 14. Hopefully snag an OT in the 2nd.

I think almost all of the WRs look like a stretch at #14 and the CBs are very deep, so if the tackles are gone I think it might be a BPA surprise or a trade down.

I think almost all of the WRs look like a stretch at #14 and the CBs are very deep, so if the tackles are gone I think it might be a BPA surprise or a trade down.
Agree. I just wonder it makes sense to grab Jalen Carter DL or Van Ness DE if your scenario happens.

Are any of the 3 top OT's worth a trade up?

Yeah its looking like that.
OT is our biggest need but most likely any that are truly worth#14 will be gone.
Whereas odds are great a worthy wr or cb will be available at 14. Hopefully snag an OT in the 2nd.
No order ...
CJ
Young
AR15
Wilson
Carter
Anderson
Gonzo
Levis
Skoronski
Paris
Robinson
Broderick

I slept in just woke up. Know im missing someone but i think this is who'll go before us, with trades, no matter the order. Pretty much every CB/WR is on the board. So i could definitely see that happening. Although im getting more comfortable with Wright at 14. Hes got a little versatility to his game but comes in day 1 and eliminates a big need.
Are any of the 3 top OT's worth a trade up?
I wouldnt mind 2-4 spots but thats it. I'm not jumping in the top 10 for anyone. I was talking to a few guys about the draft the other night and most were surprised I wouldn't and didn't have a top 10 grade on Carter. I not putting myself in that position with any of these guy. Few spots thatll cost minimal assets I'd fine.

Btw the guys I spoke with all shared my likeness for Covington and think we'll be asking his opinion on a few prospects before the weekend is over. He's done a great job imo with what he's had to work with. I personally believe we rely on different coaches at times for their input on prospects and think he's earned that respect this year.

No order ...
CJ
Young
AR15
Wilson
Carter
Anderson
Gonzo
Levis
Skoronski
Paris
Robinson
Broderick

I slept in just woke up. Know im missing someone but i think this is who'll go before us, with trades, no matter the order. Pretty much every CB/WR is on the board. So i could definitely see that happening. Although im getting more comfortable with Wright at 14. Hes got a little versatility to his game but comes in day 1 and eliminates a big need.

I wouldnt mind 2-4 spots but thats it. I'm not jumping in the top 10 for anyone. I was talking to a few guys about the draft the other night and most were surprised I wouldn't and didn't have a top 10 grade on Carter. I not putting myself in that position with any of these guy. Few spots thatll cost minimal assets I'd fine.

Btw the guys I spoke with all shared my likeness for Covington and think we'll be asking his opinion on a few prospects before the weekend is over. He's done a great job imo with what he's had to work with. I personally believe we rely on different coaches at times for their input on prospects and think he's earned that respect this year.
Moving up 2-4 (pick 10-12) seems to make at least one of the top 3 OT's a possibility.

Are any close to being ready to start at LT during this season?

Last edited:
If the tackles are gone, and the QBs are gone, it might mean one of the top DEs is there.

This is the weird thing that might happen at that spot.

Nolan Smith, 4 QBs, Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson, B. Jones, Skoronski, Paris Johnson, JSN, Quentin Johnston, that's 15 players. Tyree Wilson is then right there for the taking. Not to mention that players like Van Ness or Biljan Robinson can jump up into the top 15 as well.

If the tackles are gone, and the QBs are gone, it might mean one of the top DEs is there.

This is the weird thing that might happen at that spot.

Nolan Smith, 4 QBs, Gonzalez, Porter, Witherspoon, Jalen Carter and Will Anderson, B. Jones, Skoronski, Paris Johnson, JSN, Quentin Johnston, that's 15 players. Tyree Wilson is then right there for the taking. Not to mention that players like Van Ness or Biljan Robinson can jump up into the top 15 as well.
Sure, one the top 10 players could drop.

Wilson seems unlikely to fall past SEA (5) and ATL (8). I looked at one of the data bases of mocks. aOut of firs 30 or so mocks, NONE had Wilson falling past 12. Only three had him available at 9.
================================

Moving up 2-4 (pick 10-12) seems to make at least one of the top 3 OT's a possibility.
It is you're probably getting 4 QB + Anderson, Carter and Robinson top 10-12 so one should be in range. If Paris or Broderick are sitting there after or at 10 I'm positive we'll be on the phone to gage price.
Are any close to being ready to start at LT during this season?
All of the big 3 are but all have either technique or in Skoronski case just wait n see how he deals with NFL talent and technique week after week. If we had Scar I'd be optimistic. Paris and Broderick have technique issues for sure but they are very capable of being above average NFL starters with some tlc

I could be tempted at Hooker in the 2nd but think he'll go late 1. I've always been a fan of Daniels so when I saw this I smiled. View attachment 50696

I would be tempted to go DTR (Dorian Thompson-Robinson) after or late RD2 trading up after we used 46 on a non-QB. Or Tune, Hall or Mckee in the 4th.

There are rumors saying that Hooker could go top 5.. Which I think is really whack..

If Paris or Broderick are sitting there after or at 10 I'm positive we'll be on the phone to gage price.

i dont think theyll be on the phone for any tackle unless he played lacrosse : )

id be surprised if they used #14 esp for OT

id sooner see them going for one of the top edge or even DB of (their) choice that will make patsfans loose it : )

i dont think theyll be on the phone for any tackle unless he played lacrosse : )

id be surprised if they used #14 esp for OT

id sooner see them going for one of the top edge or even DB of (their) choice that will make patsfans loose it : )
For me at 14 it’s Levis or a trade dowm.

I’m starting think At Perry and Jonathan Mingo can fix our wr room in the middle Rounds.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back