PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Words on things I watched, read & heard II

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
There are rumors saying that Hooker could go top 5.. Which I think is really whack..
Wow. Yea Ik a few people that have him over Levis so we'll see.

Mentioned I was talking to a few new peeps the other day that were surprised I didn't have a top 10 grade on Carter or wouldn't take him there.

Simply put he's someone who knows he's a little different and isn't afraid to pull that card. Not so much mouthy or anything like that but he's effort level isn't consistent enough for me. Like Pickens he'll let you know exactly what's on his mind when you're not asking. Not a bad person but not the guy who'll shut up and play. You'll always hear his opinion on something. Might not seem like a big deal but like I tell my little guy. Being "coachable" is as important as anything. There's a place and time for everything. Some of these new guys don't get that.
In the field he's as gifted as almost anyone in the last 5 years but he sells out so much with little finish or production to show for it. Myles Garrett would have 40 + sacks if he played with Carters reckless ambition. I mean we're talking about 6 sacks and 18.5 TFL. Believe I've watched him and his teammates as much as anyone. Anyone. I'm not counting box score stats like they're the end all but production absolutely matters. Moreso the higher you're selecting. That bothers me. Now I'll have a 1st RD grade on him for sure, no doubt but I'm not taking him top 10 and giving him a free pass for his 1st contract.

There are other things that bother me like pad level but he's got no huge holes. I just don't see a top ten lottery pick when I connect the dots. That said I average about 8-13 1st RD grades a year so I'm probably a lot tougher than most you'll see.

If Stetson Bennett falls in the draft to like the 5th or 6th round, I could see some sense in bringing him in. I don't think he will become a starting NFL QB but he's a guy who has played in a lot of huge games in college. If they want someone who is experienced, mentally tough and can push the other QBs on the roster, with maybe a smidge of long-term upside, I'd give him a shot.

No order ...
CJ
Young
AR15
Wilson
Carter
Anderson
Gonzo
Levis
Skoronski
Paris
Robinson
Broderick

I slept in just woke up. Know im missing someone but i think this is who'll go before us, with trades, no matter the order. Pretty much every CB/WR is on the board. So i could definitely see that happening. Although im getting more comfortable with Wright at 14. Hes got a little versatility to his game but comes in day 1 and eliminates a big need.

I wouldnt mind 2-4 spots but thats it. I'm not jumping in the top 10 for anyone. I was talking to a few guys about the draft the other night and most were surprised I wouldn't and didn't have a top 10 grade on Carter. I not putting myself in that position with any of these guy. Few spots thatll cost minimal assets I'd fine.

Btw the guys I spoke with all shared my likeness for Covington and think we'll be asking his opinion on a few prospects before the weekend is over. He's done a great job imo with what he's had to work with. I personally believe we rely on different coaches at times for their input on prospects and think he's earned that respect this year.
Covington is hc material

Phil Perry said he's hearing CB or WR at 14 bc tackles will be gone.

If it's CB, then it should be Porter (Gonzo & probably Witherspoon will be gonzo by 14); if it's WR, then it should be JSN.

If neither of them are available, then it should be Trade-Down Time.

Last edited:
Feel like I've hardly heard any hype about Jordan Addison which surprises me.

Last edited:
If it's CB, then it should be Porter (Gonzo will be gonzo by 14); if it's WR, then it should be JSN.

If neither of them are available, then it should be Trade-Down Time.
Sorry. No on Porter. His FATHER is a massive headcase who hates the Patriots and BB. He will make Jr's stay untenable even with the Pats controlling him for 7 years (5year contract +2 franchise tags).

While I wouldn't use my very first pick on any of them, as long as that first pick is used on a Left Tackle or Outside CB then I would have no problem pulling the lever for either Washington or Kincaid with my second pick; Kraft with my third pick; or Durham some time during the 5th round.

While I wouldn't use my very first pick on any of them, as long as that first pick is used on a Left Tackle or Outside CB then I would have no problem pulling the lever for either Washington or Kincaid with my second pick; Kraft with my third pick; or Durham some time during the 5th round.
Definitely potential in the 2nd round for a solid TE.

Outside CB is by far the greater priority. They really need 2 of them out of this draft. All the other CBs are essentially slot corners playing out of position outside. Jack Jones is wildly overrated by Patriot fans.

I wonder what that would cost. Levis is fine but not worth a mega haul. Moving 8 spots, maybe just next year’s first and a 3rd or something?

Definitely potential in the 2nd round for a solid TE.
There also could be a late 1st-early 2nd-round run on them too... Even Musgrave might be gone by 46.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back