PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

With all of the Negativity About our Rebuild, Let's not Forget our Uniforms Still Stink

Darryl Edestrand
Wow, that's a player I had so completely forgotten that I had to look him up.

Traded from Pittsburgh to the Bruins for Nick Beverly.

Played three full seasons (73-74 to 75-76) with the Bruins, as a #5 or #6 defenseman. Spent most of the next two seasons in the AHL, before being traded to LA for cash. Looks like much of his playing time came after Bobby Orr got injured, and before Mike Milbury joined the club.

I don't have a problem the uniforms in fact I like them. It's the logo that needs some work or update.

Wow, that's a player I had so completely forgotten that I had to look him up.

Traded from Pittsburgh to the Bruins for Nick Beverly.

Played three full seasons (73-74 to 75-76) with the Bruins, as a #5 or #6 defenseman. Spent most of the next two seasons in the AHL, before being traded to LA for cash. Looks like much of his playing time came after Bobby Orr got injured, and before Mike Milbury joined the club.

Harry Sinden was a brilliant personnel guy. Practically retired Ken Hodge for young Rick Middleton? Very good Barry Pederson for Cam Neely & a 1st...the list goes on and on.

His mistake was that he stopped coaching. He should have just accepted that he was one of the few blessed guys that 'have it' behind the bench. Players played for him. There have been a lot of good guys and good coaches for the Bruins, along with some that didn't fit. But it comes down to Cup final? Or Cup winner. The intangibles and priorities make the difference at the end. It's something that plagues the organization to this day. Nobody cares about productive regular seasons.

Considering that the flying Elvis has been the Patriots logo longer (1993-Present) than Pat Patriot (1961-89) and that Pat represents 28 years of futility, with only 16 of those seasons ending with a record above .500 & a single Super Bowl loss, while the flying Elvis represents 31 years of incredible success, with 24 seasons above .500 & 10 Super Bowls resulting in 6 titles, I'd say that the Flying Elvis is "iconic".

Flame away. :)

Pat Patriot is a thousand times more iconic than the flying Elvis.

That's all I got. Flame away.
This is a situation where yup the emperor has no clothes, but half the folks paying any attention have no problem with it, think he looks good nude (he definitely doesn't) and falsely attribute a coincidental run of prosperity to it when it's in fact despite his nakedness.

Further, they revel in going along with the feces flung by their enemies at their empire under their imperfect, but classily superlatively clothed predecessor which in fact was better than most kingdoms, if not in the upper echelon, thanks to unprecedented and unmatched injustice at a crucial time in history.

Ignorance is bliss, stupidity fosters happiness and contentment. <mic drop>

Harry Sinden was a brilliant personnel guy. Practically retired Ken Hodge for young Rick Middleton? Very good Barry Pederson for Cam Neely & a 1st...the list goes on and on.

His mistake was that he stopped coaching. He should have just accepted that he was one of the few blessed guys that 'have it' behind the bench. Players played for him. There have been a lot of good guys and good coaches for the Bruins, along with some that didn't fit. But it comes down to Cup final? Or Cup winner. The intangibles and priorities make the difference at the end. It's something that plagues the organization to this day. Nobody cares about productive regular seasons.

Yep... If Sinden didn't "retire" after the 1969-70 season, I believe he finds a way - such as Not playing EDDIE ****ING JOHNSTON - to beat Montreal the following year.

Yep... If Sinden didn't "retire" after the 1969-70 season, I believe he finds a way - such as Not playing EDDIE ****ING JOHNSTON - to beat Montreal the following year.

I don't know man. The B's goaltending hurt them in that series but Dryden put up one of the best game 7's I've seen a goalie have (before or since). It was jaw dropping, I can still recall Orr bent over his stick dripping sweat from giving his all to get more behind him.

I don't know man. The B's goaltending hurt them in that series but Dryden put up one of the best game 7's I've seen a goalie have (before or since). It was jaw dropping, I can still recall Orr bent over his stick dripping sweat from giving his all to get more behind him.

Never should've gone to a game 7.

Doug Favell should've been Cheevers' backup from 1967-72, minimum.

Never should've gone to a game 7.

Doug Favell should've been Cheevers' backup from 1967-72, minimum.

EJ sucked in his one appearance (game 2) but he wasn't the reason it went 7. Cheesy flat out pissed down his leg in game 6. You just can't have a chance to put a team away and give up EIGHT goals

EJ sucked in his one appearance (game 2) but he wasn't the reason it went 7. Cheesy flat out pissed down his leg in game 6. You just can't have a chance to put a team away and give up EIGHT goals

No argument here; after the joy of games 4 & 5, I still remember the massive letdown after game 6 going into game 7... I think we all knew, deep down, what was waiting for us then...

No argument here; after the joy of games 4 & 5, I still remember the massive letdown after game 6 going into game 7... I think we all knew, deep down, what was waiting for us then...

TBH I recall thinking 'enough of this foolishness.' I was sure the greatest offensive team anyone had ever seen to that point, 400 regular season goals in a 70 something game season with the league's top 4 scorers on the same roster, was going to show up and take care of its business. Not once did I think that offense would be held to 2 goals in a Game 7 in their own building. I was sure Dryden's glass slipper was going to fall off. Instead he had 45+ saves... FML.
From that moment forward I've never been 'sure' of an impending W in any sport. With one incredible performance, Ken Dryden forever changed how I viewed sports..

Intangibles and team chemistry play a huge role in sports.

Who really wants it more?

*Edit: Tripper coached Fink up

Coaching TOTALLY matters

Last edited:

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back