PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Bill Belichick break Don Shula's all time win record?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will Belichick break Shula's coaching record for all time most wins?

• Yes

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 50.7%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At a .457% win rate he'll need 101 games to catch Shula. That puts him at 75 years old. I don't see it.

Did you project Belichick to have a 0.000 winning % for the rest of his career after they lost to Miami in week 1?

Did you project Belichick to have a 0.000 winning % for the rest of his career after they lost to Miami in week 1?
That's his winning % with the Pats w/o Brady. More than appropriate.

No

8 more wins this season would be 10 - 7 which would be a miracle accomplishment. BB would be at 290 with 39 wins to go. That would mean that it would take at least 4 more years to break the record assuming things fall in line which they never do.

If he wants to, yes. If he has always planned to retire at a specified age then maybe not. He did say of Marc Levy that you would never see him coaching at 70.
Yeah, but that was before Brady leaving, winning another title without him, and the media (whom he disdains) trashing him. He might want to go for it.

It definitely crossed my mind last year that he's chasing the record when he was still trotting out Cam in week 16 and 17 that a meaningless win may mean more than getting a look at a young guy.

It definitely crossed my mind last year that he's chasing the record when he was still trotting out Cam in week 16 and 17 that a meaningless win may mean more than getting a look at a young guy.
I wouldn't of believed that a record would affect his decisions even in the slightest but with the new 'reports' coming out that he cared so much about his legacy who knows. It would be great to break that record because he does deserve it, but even more because of who he'd be taking it away from. Hopefully he can do it.

I wouldn't of believed that a record would affect his decisions even in the slightest but with the new 'reports' coming out that he cared so much about his legacy who knows. It would be great to break that record because he does deserve it, but even more because of who he'd be taking it away from. Hopefully he can do it.
I have listened to PFW in Progress/Patriots Unfiltered for years and those guys have been inside the same building with the coaching staff every day. They have claimed multiple times over the years the coaches, and particularly Bill, are very aware of what is being said in the media and what the outside perceptions of the team are. Paul Perillo has told the story numerous times about him picking against the Patriots one time and they ended up winning and Bill told him "Paul we know you're with us win or tie". With as critical as Shula always was of Bill there I refuse to believe Bill doesn't care about the record.

Aboslutely BB cares very much about his legacy and is aware of what's being said about him. If you believe Wickersham when Deflategate turned into a scandal Bill was less concerned about his QB and more about protecting his own legacy.

I don't think has the pieces here to get him the record unless he plans to coach a lot longer than he probably wants to.

I have listened to PFW in Progress/Patriots Unfiltered for years and those guys have been inside the same building with the coaching staff every day. They have claimed multiple times over the years the coaches, and particularly Bill, are very aware of what is being said in the media and what the outside perceptions of the team are. Paul Perillo has told the story numerous times about him picking against the Patriots one time and they ended up winning and Bill told him "Paul we know you're with us win or tie". With as critical as Shula always was of Bill there I refuse to believe Bill doesn't care about the record.
Oh yeah no question about it. He wants the record.

Linda was chirping on Instagram about Brady last winter for a reason. She didn't come up with that on her own.

How was winning that game at the expense of the team?

Because that game meant absolutely Nothing Whatsoever, and should've been used to give the yutes all the snaps they could handle - especially Stidham, who should've practiced with the first team during the week and then started that season-ender vs da Jete.

Because that game meant absolutely Nothing Whatsoever, and should've been used to give the yutes all the snaps they could handle - especially Stidham, who should've practiced with the starters during the week and then started that season-ender vs da Jete.
I'm starting to think that Stidham was never healthy last year. Could be one explanation why he sat in the final weeks when the team's season was over.

I think it worked out fine in the end. Cam is outta here, Mac fell to us, we got him for free and based what we've seen so far about Fields, not being in a position to be tempted to move up for him in a higher draft slot was probably for the best.

Aboslutely BB cares very much about his legacy and is aware of what's being said about him. If you believe Wickersham when Deflategate turned into a scandal Bill was less concerned about his QB and more about protecting his own legacy.

Don't doubt it... Bill never defended Brady even once during his Mona Lisa Vito press conference...

• Sad
Reactions: sb1
Don't doubt it... Bill never defended Brady even once during his Mona Lisa Vito press conference...
And if you believe Wickersham - that and the "you'll have to ask Tom" comment was noticed by Brady's family and they were not impressed.

See my previous post above.
I disagree. Winning always matters.
Players are putting film in the can every game that determines their ability to stay in the league. Putting them at risk of bad film because you put poor players on the field with them.
They know what they have in Stidham, they’ve seen him for 2 years. You are mistaking you being able to see what he can do with them. They already know.

Because that game meant absolutely Nothing Whatsoever, and should've been used to give the yutes all the snaps they could handle - especially Stidham, who should've practiced with the first team during the week and then started that season-ender vs da Jete.
Obviously Stidham wasn't ready, so what would have been the purpose, so you could see Stidham wasn't ready? And probably never will be. I'm sorry BB didn't use that game to satisfy your curiosity. You can be mad about that if you want.

I don't think has the pieces here to get him the record unless he plans to coach a lot longer than he probably wants to.
This is bs.
Virtually nothing wickersham has ever said has been verified and a lot has been proven wrong.

Belichick spent a week studying the issue and held a long press conference defending against the bogus claim.

Obviously Stidham wasn't ready, so what would have been the purpose, so you could see Stidham wasn't ready? And probably never will be. I'm sorry BB didn't use that game to satisfy your curiosity. You can be mad about that if you want.
In Captains defense if Stidham had played it may have given him opportunity to trash the Stidham draft pick, so of course he is salty.

Why is that obvious?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back