PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wilfork, Seymour named semifinalists for HOF

It's criminal Seymour isn't in. All decade team at his position.

Next is Rodney, one of all time greats in DBack sacks and INTs I think.

Big Vince is 3rd for me. I know he's beloved in the organization but most of his career was basically the ring drought. Seymour and Rodney's time is now after Ty Law.

Rooney campaigns his arse off for his players. Greene, Fanaca and especially Bettis were all borderline candidates and they got in fairly quickly compared to other players of similar stature. I honestly hate that Bettis is in. He averaged less than 4 YPC and in the playoffs less than 3.5. His playoff "high"light? Almost fumbling away the 2005 divisional round vs the colts. I would have put Hines Ward in before him. Terrific blocker, team leader and a SB MVP.

Bob needs to start doing this for his players. It's a joke that Edgerrin James got in so fast while Law, Seymour and others have waited. James is in that same group as Bettis who I wouldn't let in.
100% this team needs someone like that. Ex-player, Famous Fan with some clout (Fitzy, Carrabis for example) and Bob absolutely should be more vocal. This only helps him and the bottom line.

Again though I could see the NFL big shots, media and fans forgetting about 2000-2020 and pretending we didn't exist. It's really important Pats fan don't let this go. We have multiple guys that deserve to be in right now while other teams have guys in that shouldn't be considered getting in. Wilfork, Sey, Slater, Rodney should all be in as Pats. If Adam wants to go in as a Pat that's great. We should push for Mankins and Welker too. Other teams get fringe players in too often. We have to start banging the drum.

100% this team needs someone like that. Ex-player, Famous Fan with some clout (Fitzy, Carrabis for example) and Bob absolutely should be more vocal. This only helps him and the bottom line.

Again though I could see the NFL big shots, media and fans forgetting about 2000-2020 and pretending we didn't exist. It's really important Pats fan don't let this go. We have multiple guys that deserve to be in right now while other teams have guys in that shouldn't be considered getting in. Wilfork, Sey, Slater, Rodney should all be in as Pats. If Adam wants to go in as a Pat that's great. We should push for Mankins and Welker too. Other teams get fringe players in too often. We have to start banging the drum.

Agreed. TB12, Gronk and Bill are abvious locks as well. I think there's an outside shot for Willie and JE11.

It's really too bad that DMC is so underrated. The all 2010's decade team for safety was Berry, Thomas and Weddle. I'm not going to deny they're all fine players but DMC was just as good as any of them, just not as flashy. Berry probably was the most talented but he also missed a lot of time due to injury whereas DMC has missed 3 games in his career. Best ability and all that.

The Hall loves them some Steelers. Hines Ward is textbook Hall of Very Good and has a reputation for being dirty almost as much as Rodney Harrison - but i bet Ward will get in anyway. LOL

Amazing how few Patriots are getting in despite winning 6 titles. Maybe it's the BB factor.
Hines Ward should NOT be getting HOF consideration.

Harrison most certainly should.. The fact that he's not when he was such a HUGE factor in 2 SB for the Patriots is disgusting.

Agreed. TB12, Gronk and Bill are abvious locks as well. I think there's an outside shot for Willie and JE11.

It's really too bad that DMC is so underrated. The all 2010's decade team for safety was Berry, Thomas and Weddle. I'm not going to deny they're all fine players but DMC was just as good as any of them, just not as flashy. Berry probably was the most talented but he also missed a lot of time due to injury whereas DMC has missed 3 games in his career. Best ability and all that.
DMC is another one I was going to bring up but glad you did. Why not? I'm more concerned with us than the HOF which is already a joke.

I'll say this, QB's hated / hate throwing in his direction. QB's avoid him for sure. He's one of the few Saf in the league that can make you pay weekly if you need around and throw his way.

I'm curious if we ever move him closer to the los. That could actually help him a lot imo. He's got ball skills and instincts playing closer to the second level might help him get his hands on a few more passes. 30 INT & 99 PD is really good and he's not done. A few more sacks & TFL would go a long way. And why I think playing closer might help in that area. 15 FF.

He's got a few more years left imo. Sometimes players get a little lucky and have big years later in their career.

He's been excellent here from start to finish. No headaches or be. Leader on and off the field. Wonderful pick, player and person.

What they can't put 3 Patriots so Rodney is out? They don't like him? These things are just a big joke just like the Pro Bowl.

Michael Silver gets a vote, so that tells you all you need to know about the process for HoF

You know what REALLY pisses me off is that Stanley Morgan isn't among that list. Ward, Smith, and Johnson were all very good WR's, so was Morgan, and while he didn't rack up the same yardage as those 3 you have to consider that they played in different eras. DB's had much more leeway to be physical with WR's than they did in the late 90's and early 2000's, even before the Polian intervention over protected QB's and WR's.

Just to stats to make my point further. Morgan AVERAGED close to TWENTY ypc (19.4). To put it in perspective Ward, Smith and Johnson, all semifinalists averaged either 13 or 14 ypc. Another stat that impressed me, was that over 14 seasons in a far more physical league, the 181 lb Morgan played in 88% of his possible games (188 out of 224)

If Hines Ward deserves to be a HOF semifinalist, then so does Stanley Morgan
Stanley Morgan is the GOAT of Patriots receivers. Moss wasnt here long enough.
Jules is 2nd. The Steamer belongs in the HOF. He was a top 5 nfl wr for most of his career. And some years was the best in the nfl. It seemed every year he averaged 20+ yds per catch. You dont see that so much anymore even though wrs stats are inflated today compared to then

There was a time when I studied the all-22 as a novice. Still am. But Wilfork was a beast. He was a rare bread of elite power, smarts and leadership. He was often double teamed but either still got the tackle or was the reason the tackle happened. What a beast he was.

Seymour? Who, who are currently in the HOF, would you take over Seymour? Maybe two or three. Nuff said.

Rodney? He started the "greatest show on turf" and ended it in super bowl 36. The hit on Green was legal and unintentional.

I loved that guy. True leader. Set the tone. Delivered the hits. Marshall Faulk crapped his pants on super bowl Sunday. Rodney broke his soul.

All three should be in.

There was a time when I studied the all-22 as a novice. Still am. But Wilfork was a beast. He was a rare bread of elite power, smarts and leadership. He was often double teamed but either still got the tackle or was the reason the tackle happened. What a beast he was.

Seymour? Who, who are currently in the HOF, would you take over Seymour? Maybe two or three. Nuff said.

Rodney? He started the "greatest show on turf" and ended it in super bowl 36. The hit on Green was legal and unintentional.

I loved that guy. True leader. Set the tone. Delivered the hits. Marshall Faulk crapped his pants on super bowl Sunday. Rodney broke his soul.

All three should be in.
Wrong year.

If the HOF can’t recognize players who dominated the game off the stat sheet then there is no hope. The tape doesn’t lie.

1637808033243.gif

Both of them deserve to be in the HOF pronto ! Wilfork was named not just to pro bowls but also to the All pro team several times. He is one of the best NT's we have had and it will be a shame if they make him wait several years. As for Seymour he has waited long enough, time for him to be voted in if there is any justice in the voting process !

Stanley Morgan is the GOAT of Patriots receivers. Moss wasnt here long enough.
Jules is 2nd. The Steamer belongs in the HOF. He was a top 5 nfl wr for most of his career. And some years was the best in the nfl. It seemed every year he averaged 20+ yds per catch. You dont see that so much anymore even though wrs stats are inflated today compared to then
Stanley was amazing. He finished with an average of 19.2 yards/catch.

I've been on this for years now but Harrison not in is so weak.

1)Stats - 34 INT, 78 PD, 15 FF, 40 TFL, 30.5 sacks. Impact player on all three levels - behind the los with over 100 big time play a in TFL, Sacks and QB hits. 2nd and 3rd level with over 100 INT/PD. Almost 1000 solo tackles.

2)Impact player two SB defenses at different points in his career. Been to and won multiple SB's.

3)Longevity - Harrison played his balls off every game for 15 years and was durable throughout his time in the league for the Most part. Started 159 out of 186.

I really don't care about a few hits that were borderline. I'll take Harrison on my squad all day. I'll take a few "dirty" hits from that position all day, no problem. He was also a big presence in the locker room.

Wilfork and Sey should definitely get in.

Pats need to stay on top of this stuff. We know the league will try and bury us the minute Tom, Bill and co are out of the game. We'll never be the Steelers in that regard. We deserve to be represented accordingly and need to stay on their azs about this stuff. No team has ever dominated like us and again we absolutely should be represented in the HOF.
Rodney won't get in until he's either old or dead. A true tragedy.

Was Rodney "dirty"? Before he came here, yup. However the precedent of dirty players in the NFL HoF had been set. If that is the reason for his exclusion that is BS

Rodney won't get in until he's either old or dead. A true tragedy.

Was Rodney "dirty"? Before he came here, yup. However the precedent of dirty players in the NFL HoF had been set. If that is the reason for his exclusion that is BS
The Helmet Catch might be costing Rodney his deserved place. Before that, he was Money to end any big game comebacks.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back