PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why does 1st round pick Sony Michel play like a jag?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um.....excuse me? Patriots not in the top 10? This was a top RB group in the NFL according to "Patsfans.com". :rolleyes:

Nick Chubb leading the way with his big runs is depressing.

Sony Michel breaking tackles, avoiding defenders, catching passes like a WR downfield and oh yeah, pass blocking well... all the things this thread told us he couldn't do.

It's a TEAM sport, blocking and having a QB who will throw to you matters. Let the excuse making commence.

He had one of his best games, if not best, of his career today. It would be nice if he could keep it up. Can't say I'd bet on it, but we'll see.
They need to trust in Cam enough to open it up so teams can't key on the run game, he has to prove that their trust is justified.

He throws some balls that make you shake your head and wonder why.

Watching him after twenty years of Brady and there's a new set of fingerprints embedded in my couch arm.

Sony looks like Sony did in 2018 with good blocking, his blocking in 2019 was atrocious.

What's a jag?

I just happened to see this on my phone at the start of the game. Just giving you grief, @KontradictioN -- we're usually on the same page, more or less. :cool:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200927-163224.png
    Screenshot_20200927-163224.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 27
I just happened to see this on my phone at the start of the game. Just giving you grief, @KontradictioN -- we're usually on the same page, more or less. :cool:
He ran like a first round pick should today. Happy to have been wrong.

DaBruinz has no clue, though.

It was a sick block. Too bad Cam didn't throw it to an open Harry. Would have made that block more meaningful.

What was the result of the play???

The O-line got it's act together after the 1st 2 possessions and all 3 RBs benefitted.. Michel racked up 113 yards on 7 carries after those 1st two possessions. Burkhead had a fantastic game. Taylor started hot (4 for 20) and then cooled (7 for 23) . Taylor also had a bad drop on a screen play that would have gone for good yardage..

Ok I’ll say something controversial. Sony had a fire lit under him after the 1st qtr. he started attacking the line after that. Is it possible that Ivan Fears has preached patience and following his blocks to Sony, thereby taking away some of his aggression? I do wish Sony had an extra gear but he had a great game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes