PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are PATS Fans giving up on this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BestPatsFan said:
I don't get it. Why can't he express an opinion? I almost sold my tickets a few weeks ago after the Chiefs game.
BestPansFan? Noooo, not really! A BestPatsFan does not give up on his team like that, not after 2 consecutive Super Bowls, not understanding that the potential and a solid core of veteran players could make a run in the play-offs.

Hell, if the 2001 team could pull it off, no reason this team can't.

godef said:
BestPansFan? Noooo, not really! A BestPatsFan does not give up on his team like that, not after 2 consecutive Super Bowls, not understanding that the potential and a solid core of veteran players could make a run in the play-offs.

Hell, if the 2001 team could pull it off, no reason this team can't.

You've got me turned around on this point. I just get very frustrated when my team doesn't live up to their potential. The Chiefs have an "Old School" coach in Vermeil--- and I respect that--- but, that doesn't mean I can't blow off a little steam when they beat us. Frankly, I'm still smarting from that old-fashioned spanking they gave us a few weeks back.

PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Hold on everyone! I've been reading the board and have absolutely no clue why we are all freaking out about losing this year.
What the...???

fleabassist1 said:
it would be funnyer if he actually is a loyal patriots fan :p
wat makes all of yall jump on him so quickly anyways?

Maybe the fact that he comes on a board and blasts everyone for their devotion to the team in his first post? Nice way to get a reception.

Originally Posted by PATSummerallofthe80s
Hold on everyone! I've been reading the board and have absolutely no clue why we are all freaking out about losing this year.

Wow...what a zippahead. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
kid_jumping_in_pool.gif

I really would like to ask this question. Last night a post was started by someone named Mr. Tibbs (Senior Member). The post was titled "Johnny Damon Is A New York Yankee" When you read the post, he says, "Red Sox are falling apart."

Why isn't this guy getting the same treatment as me? All I said was "Why are PATS fans giving up." Is that really much different than the Red Sox are falling apart?

Plus why is this post about baseball on this forum. I have no problem with Mr. Tibbs at all. My point is why is there a double standard?

I'm gonna try to be polite here, Patsummerallofthe80s.

Your premise is wrong. You're asking a "have you stopped beating your wife question".

The people on this board haven't given up on anything--they never did, even at the worst point in the season. They were discouraged, but they are loyal and always will be. And from loyalty springs hope eternal.

The people who post here know the quality of the Patriots' players, coaches and management. They also know that football is an unpredictable game, in which injuries and luck play a large role. We understand that victory isn't inevitable or predictable even for the best team in decades, which is what this is.

Even in the team's darkest days, we knew it would be back. We didn't know it would be back so soon, but we knew we'd be in the fight for the championship, if not this year, then next year. That's because we know those three Superbowls in the last four years are no accident. They are the product of intelligence, determination and class.

So asking us why we've given up our team is insulting. We haven't come within a light year of giving up. We haven't even considered giving up. The thought hasn't occurred to us. We've felt BB's and Brady's pain, not to mention Rodney's. We've seen the frustration. But we have been and we are confident that better days lie ahead.

Will we win the Superbowl this year? Well, we've been weakened by injuries. But the heart and spirit of the Patriots is as strong as ever. If we lose, the team that beats us will feel damn lucky to have gotten out of the game alive. And we will have nothing whatever to be ashamed of. But anyone who bets against the Patriots this year is taking a risk.

I feel bad for people who take the time to sign up for multiple accounts just for trolling. It's very sad.

I really would like to ask this question. Last night a post was started by someone named Mr. Tibbs (Senior Member). The post was titled "Johnny Damon Is A New York Yankee" When you read the post, he says, "Red Sox are falling apart."

Why isn't this guy getting the same treatment as me? All I said was "Why are PATS fans giving up." Is that really much different than the Red Sox are falling apart?

Plus why is this post about baseball on this forum. I have no problem with Mr. Tibbs at all. My point is why is there a double standard?

Because this is football season, and right now most of us, here at least, could give two s***s about the Red Sox...

Mainefan said:
I'm gonna try to be polite here, Patsummerallofthe80s.

Your premise is wrong. You're asking a "have you stopped beating your wife question".

The people on this board haven't given up on anything--they never did, even at the worst point in the season. They were discouraged, but they are loyal and always will be. And from loyalty springs hope eternal.

The people who post here know the quality of the Patriots' players, coaches and management. They also know that football is an unpredictable game, in which injuries and luck play a large role. We understand that victory isn't inevitable or predictable even for the best team in decades, which is what this is.

Even in the team's darkest days, we knew it would be back. We didn't know it would be back so soon, but we knew we'd be in the fight for the championship, if not this year, then next year. That's because we know those three Superbowls in the last four years are no accident. They are the product of intelligence, determination and class.

So asking us why we've given up our team is insulting. We haven't come within a light year of giving up. We haven't even considered giving up. The thought hasn't occurred to us. We've felt BB's and Brady's pain, not to mention Rodney's. We've seen the frustration. But we have been and we are confident that better days lie ahead.

Will we win the Superbowl this year? Well, we've been weakened by injuries. But the heart and spirit of the Patriots is as strong as ever. If we lose, the team that beats us will feel damn lucky to have gotten out of the game alive. And we will have nothing whatever to be ashamed of. But anyone who bets against the Patriots this year is taking a risk.

Great points and thank your for taking the effort. I am totally in agreement with you. Perhaps what I said was ("about giving up") was taken out of context. I wasn't saying that to all of the PATs fans. I was only speaking to the PATs fans who have given up. There are a fair amount based on what I've read and observed. Your post was well articulated and thank you.

Exactly what was my dumb question?
Sorry, I responded to your post, but I was speaking of the original poster who presumes we're all down on the Pats.

BestPatsFan said:
You've got me turned around on this point. I just get very frustrated when my team doesn't live up to their potential. The Chiefs have an "Old School" coach in Vermeil--- and I respect that--- but, that doesn't mean I can't blow off a little steam when they beat us. Frankly, I'm still smarting from that old-fashioned spanking they gave us a few weeks back.
BestPatsFan said:
It was your original posting I was referring to, and it just wasn't clear... what do you mean WE paleface? Change "we are all" to "everyone is" and only then is it clear that you're lamenting about others freaking out, and now I realize that you meant earlier in the season, not right now.

All right, I should have read this before responding to a prior post... This is what I thought you were saying in the first place.

The point being, why do you believe Pats fans had given up? This presumption is really annoying a lot of us here. If there are a few who have given up, then go pick on them, but please don't include me in your broad strokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back