PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who's out/extended/sacrificed to fit AB's contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gunner is out.

Who returns punts? You have 2 over-30 stars who can do it but why risk them? Dorsett is WR5 and plays no special teams. Gone.

Who returns punts? You have 2 over-30 stars who can do it but why risk them? Dorsett is WR5 and plays no special teams. Gone.
I might be right that Dorsett goes after all.

Maybe Brown and Jules share the duties?

Reality is that with Harry coming back after the BYE two WRs out of DT, Dorsett, Meyers and Gunner will be gone. That is if Gordon didn't get himself suspended in the mean time or Brown had a Zolak-induced meltdown.

this seemingly insane decision has 3 important aspects:

1. it keeps AB from going to a contender--especially KC. It's almost worth $9M just to keep him away from KC, even if he sits on the bench.
2. It is probably a swap for DT, who plays Sunday and maybe then gets cut Monday (to hook up with another team). I doubt Bill mortgages any of his young talent on a (at best) one year rental. I suspect that Dorsett is safe, as he knows the system and is proven.
3. It juices Brady even more. Tom is now looking at yet another historical season and is assured that BB has his back (not something he's always felt).

Putting on the field AB, Josh, and Jewels [Jules: thanks!] together is a defense coordinator's worst nightmare, and then you have to face a fantastic backfield as well. Play action will be so amazing that I'd be surprised if the NFL didn't outlaw it by week 3.

Last edited:
Oakland needs a wr :)

Reality is that with Harry coming back after the BYE two WRs out of DT, Dorsett, Meyers and Gunner will be gone. That is if Gordon didn't get himself suspended in the mean time or Brown had a Zolak-induced meltdown.
I think (hope) they would put Gunner on the PS for now, which gives Meyer some time (if there's any catches left at all after the herd of Hall of Famers on the roster gets theirs) to show he should stick, at which point they can move Dorsett.

Nice problems to have.

I might be right that Dorsett goes after all.
I will be very worried if it is Dorsett. He is getting to Dola's territory with clutchness. Plus, I don't know about Brown and Gordon's mental state. Dorsett at least I know what I have.

I'd be ok with Gunner as long as he makes it to the PS :)

I sure hope not. Dorsett can be counted upon to show up.
Very true. Between Josh and AB who the hell knows if either one of those two will be here in Dec let alone Oct.

His problem is he doesn't play ST.

OBVIOUSLY
make this a 2 year contract with conditions that make it effectively a 1 year contract

SOME OTHER IDEAS
$1M from the Jones restructure
$2.6M from trading Dorsett or $2.9M from cutting Thomas
extend Devin McCourty
extend Cannon
extend Van Noy
extend or restructure Hightower
and the usual suspects that can be restructured with the same compensation

I have an Economics Degree so Im pretty sure i can confirm that the 6.3 Million we have in cap space is less than the 9M up to 15 that we've agreed with AB.

Who is being given as an offerend to the gods?

Any predictions or guesses?

I have no idea... Brady already re-worked, so... I don't see an easy answer

OBVIOUSLY
make this a 2 year contract with conditions that make it effectively a 1 year contract

SOME OTHER IDEAS
extend Devin McCourty
extend Cannon
extend Van Noy
My fav : extend KVN. My least fav : cut Dorsett.

OBVIOUSLY

SOME OTHER IDEAS
extend Devin McCourty
extend Cannon
extend Van Noy
Good stuff/
DW Toys

OBVIOUSLY

SOME OTHER IDEAS
extend Devin McCourty
extend Cannon
extend Van Noy
They have less than 2 days to work it out, so I hope talks have been productive lol

Devin i think will retire sooner rather than later. I think Van Noy will chase the money, although that would be my favorite option.

Cannon might stick around, but who knows... We make Tackles rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back