PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will New England play in Divisional round?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

who will NE play?

• Indianapolis

Votes: 79 64.2%
  • Cincinnati

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Baltimore

Votes: 25 20.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red x's???

Don't tell me you're using that menace to the free world , Internet Explorer...switch to Firefox, Dutch...internet memes are a must these days.

In the NFC, gee I wonder whether Suh reverts more into thug mode as the games get bigger.

I suppose to be a good human being I should root for the Lions to be out their first game. But a very bad thought just went through my head... "hey if Suh's going to injure someone on a dirty play, could it be in the NFCCG, and could it be the QB we'll face in the SB?"

Like I said it's a very bad thought and it came to me unbidden.

Matchups are matchups. Yes, Indy would be fun for the running game, but my main thing in the AFC this year is for the Pats to play to their potential.

My thing with this team is that since way early in the season they take it in stride and they overcome whatever it is that's "off" that game. "Mental toughness." The only worry I have is that the stage is bigger than a lot of key contributors are used to. But they don't seem the type to wet themselves in a win-or-go-home situation.

I am an alcoholic I d rink every weekend regardless.

It is wrong, it is a struggle, but go ahead and bring the red x's I really don't care, I know I love Boston and always will.

To you it is being a sissy, to me it was how I was raised and how I deal with struggles, that is as personal as I will get here as I honestly don't care how I am judged. I have BAL winning sober and drunk, either way I have BAL winning and fighting us for at least 40ish mins.

Lmao no my comment had nothing to do with alcoholism, that's pretty personal. How would I know your a drinker? And what the hell do you mean red x, I haven't downvoted you one single time, that's really not how I handle things on this boars. Sissy sauce is what you're sippin when your being a chicken little about Baltimore in every single thread. Your concerns arnt unreasonable, but they are redundant and every post is starting to look the same.

None of the three potential opponents should scare the Patriots. But I'm guessing it will be Indy coming into Gillette on 1/10

As an old time fan of the game it saddens me to see Baltimore, Pitt and Cincy all make the playoffs. If not for the idiotic 4 team division setup and the astoundingly soft schedule they played (the AFCS, NFCS and each other) they'd be lucky to get one team into the playoffs.

As a Pats fan I'm ecstatic though to see those three teams plus Indy in the playoffs. On any given Sunday and all that, but the only AFC team that really worries me is Denver.

I'm about 90% certain that the Bengals will beat the Colts.

Steelers-Ravens is a toss up, which likely means the Steelers will blow the Ravens out or something strange.

This thread is a bad idea.Remember 2yrs ago when we wanted the Ravens to rub out the Broncos?,remember when we were laughing at facing the jets in the playoffs after the 49-whatever pounding?,how about how easy it was to beat the Giants to get to 16-0?

knocking on wood as I type this.:eek:

That's me to a T. I rooted hard for each and every one of those matchups. I'm sure some innate, uncontrollable force (like rooting against Manning or against Baltimore at all times) will take over, but I'm no longer begging for certain teams to come to the Razor. Just let it play out however it must. :)

The Ravens at Steelers is a tossup. In their two games each team won at home. The Ravens scored 23 points in both games and the Steelers scored 6 and 41. I think Baltimore will win this one.

Which team will they get? If I had to bet, I'd bet Indy.

Which team do I prefer? ABB*

*Anybody But Baltimore.

It's because both teams have proven playoff winners at QB and SB winning head coaches. Same can't be said for Indy and Cincy.
Agreed. Plus, Baltimore has no fear about playing in Foxboro.

That's me to a T. I rooted hard for each and every one of those matchups. I'm sure some innate, uncontrollable force (like rooting against Manning or against Baltimore at all times) will take over, but I'm no longer begging for certain teams to come to the Razor. Just let it play out however it must. :)

Haha, yeah, the only time it has ever worked out for me was when we got the Tebow-led Broncos in '11. Rooted hard to get the Jets in '10 and Baltimore in '12, as did most. Didn't work out so hot....

Agreed. Plus, Baltimore has no fear about playing in Foxboro.
Do you think teams are afraid to play here? Or that different players wearing a Baltimore Raven winning here before would have an impact on this game?
I think it is totally irrelevant myself.

There is no way cinci is gonna win. Two words: Marvin Lewis.

There is no way Cincy is gonna win. Two words: Ginger snaps!

Do you think teams are afraid to play here? Or that different players wearing a Baltimore Raven winning here before would have an impact on this game?
No, but certain players are - i.e. Peyton Manning.

the last time I checked the pats thumped baltimore by 30 points in their last meeting....

You make a good point, but this is a Head coach/Qb league. Those two know what it takes to win here.

In before you counter my point by saying New Englands head coach/Qb are Tom Brady/Bill Belichick :D

Cincy won't be winning...think Balt does win..aka we play balt

the last time I checked the pats thumped baltimore by 30 points in their last meeting....

That means nothing. We match up horribly against Baltimore and Pittsburgh this year. Both teams have good to great OLs (our pass rush is non-existant) and Baltimore has the added bonus of great Front 7 on D and a commitment to running the ball on offense.

I'm not saying we would lose to either of them, but it's probably closer to 60-40 than it is to 80-20 that we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back